New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Greetings! I've been lurking here and at the FISD doing research for a display lid build. I recently finished it, and I have to say it woulda turned out garbage had I not learned so much from the 'Troopers! I also spent a lot of time studying the real items on starwarshelmets.com, and wanted to build something in that spirit (a screen-used prop).

This is a first-time effort, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although if I get into actual trooping, I'd instead do something similar to what TD-4510 does in his weathering video.

So, photos below and see you guys around. Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice job think the brow a little high

Are they decals ? if so you might want to remove and paint them on will look heaps better ;)

And you might need to rework the right ear big gap at the back

But for first lid good job

jim,

youve made a great job buddy! :yes:

what you need to do now is purchase some armour and put the same skills

you have used on your lid to a set of armour. :yes:

then,join us out in the sand and enjoy a healthy sandy filled life!

good luck if you decide to take the leap bro!!!! :thumbsup:

Nice job think the brow a little high

Are they decals ? if so you might want to remove and paint them on will look heaps better ;)

And you might need to rework the right ear big gap at the back

But for first lid good job

Thanks man! Yeah I think my next build will not have such a high brow. But the details are indeed hand-painted - I'm not gonna skip the most fun part! :D I have a pretty steady hand.

I did use a Trooperbay template for the tube stripes though. No way I'd have the patience for doing those without one.

Here's a close-up:

Posted Image

jim,

youve made a great job buddy! :yes:

what you need to do now is purchase some armour and put the same skills

you have used on your lid to a set of armour. :yes:

then,join us out in the sand and enjoy a healthy sandy filled life!

good luck if you decide to take the leap bro!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Time permitting I certainly will.

Hi again guys!

I'm not new, but have been away from my TD the last 6months+ as I found some droid parts....hehe Now I'm back and building again - at least for a while. Have a vague hope of finishing the armour in order for Free Comic Book Day in early May.

Here me and my droid is appearing at a Star Wars panel at Stavanger Music & Film Library - first EVER appearance of a full scale astromech in Norway - yay! Still not finished, but getting there ever so slowly. Sorry for the language - the epic Viking tongue of Hoth :D

http://www.tvvest.no/Video/Aktuelt/Siste-innslag/2013/2013-03-innslag/Valandsgutt-har-laget-R2-D2/

Greetings.... My name is Dave Fuhrman CB/TS/TR 3391, man that's to long. Anyway I am out of the Ohio Garrison as the GCR. I am starting my research on my next project a TD. It's going to be a slow process due to I am going for SWAT status. But looking forward to join the ranks.

Greetings.... My name is Dave Fuhrman CB/TS/TR 3391, man that's to long. Anyway I am out of the Ohio Garrison as the GCR. I am starting my research on my next project a TD. It's going to be a slow process due to I am going for SWAT status. But looking forward to join the ranks.

Welcome aboard, Dave! Looking forward to having you join the ranks soon, Brother! :td::thumbsup:

You have also been granted 501st access!

Greetings from the Mountain Garrison! My name is Alan and I'll soon be working on converting my old TK into a Sandy.

Hi, Alan! Welcome aboard! Looking forward to having you join the Deployed ranks soon, Brother!

BTW, what is your Legion ID? So that you can be granted 501st Access. Thanks!

Hey troopers. I am currently a cadet in Garrison Carida and had grand plans to build a shiny, white TK . . . until . . . I attended an armor party with several TDs and decided to change direction. I had been admiring the weathering on TD builds and am excited for my first weathering project.

This is my first SW-related costume project, but I've been working on an R2 unit for about 1.5 years and hope to have it finished in the coming months (you can never have too many Star Wars projects after all.

Happy Trooping.

-Rob