New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

What's up Sandies....my name is Byers but my friends call me Byers....I live in Indiana, home of Bloodfin garrison and have been researching your threads for about a month now and feel confident that I have gathered enough intel to start my TD build soon. Ive always had a love for the TD since 77 or so and can't wait to get started. I'm on the waiting list for an ATA rig but I'm looking at a 6 month wait. I imagine I'll order a bucket and start there and piece my extras together during my wait. I'll have like the longest build thread ever, and will definitely be seeking deployment with the MEPD. This community rocks and I'm ready to get down and dirty and become one of the brotherhood. Thanks, and see you in the sandpit under the twin suns soon.

welcome jason,

great idea to begin collecting and building other parts while you have your agonizing wait on

your armour. :6:

have you decided yet wether your scratch building or buying a backpack?

i ask this as apart from the armour this is the other part of us sandys that takes the longest to do!

good luck with eveything and happy building bro!

also dont forget to fill out your profile! :thumbsup:

Deadpool checking in! Still in the process of getting started. I hadn't planned on doing a TD for a while til I went to my first troop and one of the guys was in a TD set up. So now I'm trying to figure out which way to go for my first full armor kit, I will be trolling here while I'm getting my first 501st approvals and planning on what to get next.

Oh didnt see this thread, made an own one, but ok , again.

Not much replying necessary.

Soon 42 years old. Swiss. Join 501st Legion Sept. 2012.

Started first costume Jan 2012, Black line off which I'm still upgrading,

with better belt boxes that will come in soon and a brown leather holster

for my MSP5.

Since my join I had 2 major events. Cool was that on my premier I had the

chance to shake hands and talk with David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch at

Swiss Fantasy Show 2012. I will never forget that!

Posted Image

What else do I do? Going to cinema I like. TV for sport mostly, other stuff rather bores

me. TV has not that character anymore. Lot of rubbish. I like strategy games like

the Total War stuff or Blitzkrieg, Suddenstrike Style. Actually World of tanks. Besides

I'm doing scalemodelling from time to time, mostly in 1:72 scale with planes and tanks,

concerning starwars I made an AT-ST and a Star Destroyer. Last one with no lights though,

all painted by hand. At this time of the year mostly love to go skiing, but I got an injury in the

back and had to make therapy as it never really went away anymore. 2 months ago I started

again going to finesscenter 2times a week and a bit swimming, wich I do since years but started

to become a bit contra-productive as I can only breaststyle.

Oh and I like 501st Legion patches. We soon get our 15th anniversary version out.

I like it here. New ground to me though, but had already good help.

All the best

Michael

Just found out I never put anything in here to say Hello. I'm paul from Arizona aka the 'Dune Sea'. I order my aromor any go a long waite for it but I can read up on it and with all your help get the stuff I will be needing. thanks in advance for all the help I will be getting.

Well.. I'm not technically a new user here but it has been many years since my activity on these forums and my information must have been lost or jumbled at some point so I had to create a new account... with that... what the heck?. ... I may as well post something :D

My name is Cal Pierce. I am almost 40 years old.... ack.. that's wierd to type that. I have been a active member of the Mountain Garrison of the 501st since 2003 so this is my 10th year now. I actually started "trooping" 2 years before that because I "thought" I lived too far away from the active members of the Mountain Garrison so I didn't officially join until I gave up my musical career pursuits, came home from the road, and my wife and I moved closer to Denver.

I got the prop and costume building bug in 1999 after going to Star Wars Celebration 1 in Denver. Yeah it rained... yeah it was muddy ... yeah it wasn't organized that well... but man did I have a blast at that convention!! I immediately started building jawas and jawa blasters which I suppose kicked things off for me. The jawa blaster was a lot of fun and I made quite a few of them for folks in the hobby. By 2002 I got going full boar. I actually got sucked in (like many) and bought a FX armor it .. but I loved that kit. I got to be included with the 501st in going to Spike TV's first VGA awards show and also got to do a lot of other amazing events.

By 2004 I wanted many costumes .. of which I could not find a good available representation of so I dove in and started making them myself. And here we are today. I am still going strong, building Star Wars props and costumes like crazy. Over the past few years I've been building giant pieces like the Hoth "wampa door" set which we hauled to the Albuquerque comic expo and Star Wars Celebration V in 2010.

Last year we built the Han in Carbonite alcove from Jabba's Palace. We hauled that to the Albuquerque Comic Expo and all the way to Florida for Star Wars Celebration VI for the 501st bash and then we moved it to the 501st experience room. Now I'm building a full scale landspeeder, which brings me here :) I now want to (finally) finish and upgrade my designs for our sandtrooper kits and eventually create a nice "roadblock" scene to go with the landspeeder. Some of you may be familiar with parts I've been making including seed trays and mushroom caps. An associate who used to work with me offered those parts here for me.

Right now we are trying to get the speeder and sandtroopers "parade ready" for St. Patrick's day parade here locally next month. Boy have I got my work cut out for me??!! The speeder and the sandtroopers won't be completely finished and accurate but should be o.k. for a parade. I won't stop there though I'll continue to upgrade everything and get it as close as possible.

I have been lurking here for a little while, re-aclimating myself but I will be getting a little more active, posting, and start a progress thread (or 2) for eye candy :)

Perhaps my good friend and shop monkey will start one too since he's actually building a sandtrooper first, before me :)

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Cal

Welcome back in our midst Cal!!

Always nice to have someone back after some time..

And I have seen your work, some of my fellow members have your armor kits, great work! :yes:

Eyecandy eh....bring it on :D:woot: