New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Another new person saying hello. My name is Steve. Have run across the 501st at several events with my daughter and seeing how much they make the kids happy in said events has lead me to start researching building my own storm trooper and helping the cause.

Heavily leaning towards Sandtrooper. Being completely new to the whole process I will be scouring the posts here for information available, but feel free to chime in with any advice or questions.

So I have a question for you guys (and gals). My wife no-go'd buying armor right now (stupid other financial obligations!). Would you all recommend gathering up all the other pieces first (backpack, E-11, pauldron, better handguards/gloves) and then having the armor top it off, or just start with a TK and working it into a TD?

Hey Guys - New Member here. Been on FISD for a couple years and currently doing a build of a T/MC kit. Planning to make it into a TD. I've also been making the Thigh Armor garters posted on FISD (Tsalagi is my handle over there too). I've been doing a lot of reading here on the MEPD and love it. Can't wait to build a pack and get a BFG.

Hey all, my name is felix and my sandtrooper is still in progress. I hope i become a 501st member before xmas.

My target is to become a police officer and then a s.w.a.t. Member.....step by step.

Cheers and i wish a nice sinday,

Felix

Hey all, my name is felix and my sandtrooper is still in progress. I hope i become a 501st member before xmas.

My target is to become a police officer and then a s.w.a.t. Member.....step by step.

Cheers and i wish a nice sinday,

Felix

Hey Felix welcome to the pit, enjoy your build.

Hey guys, welcome along to the forum ;)

Dont Panic... All sorted, spoken to Rob @ RT-Mod and he can supply me with a sandy ab and sniper plate, so looks like i'm getting dirty then :peace:

Graham, great to see you on here mate. Be sure to show us your build progress..... With lots of pics!

Hello all, I am starting to put together my sandtrooper build, I suspect it will be next year before I finalize things as this is a busy time for me.

I am leaning towards the Cantina Captain as my SWAT representative, so the build will take longer than just gettin dirty!

I started with a suit of FX waaaaay back when Galaxy trading was around. I always wanted to join the 501st but never found the time. After pulling the FX out and comparing it to fantastic kits like TM and RS I realized I needed to step it up.

I got an untrimmed RS kit and joined FISD and they were a huge help in my build. I know many of you are members there as well and Rolf's RS sandtrooper really got me thinking about a sandy.

I am currently finishing a CFO build, and have a TM on the way. My goal is to have a TK from each film as you can see from my sig.

I am not sure if I am going to convert the TM to be my ANH Hero/Stunt/ESB and then Sandy the RS or the other way round. So for now I am simply accessorizing! I bought Bluey's amazing TD pack, and am now looking into pouches and pauldrons. I have lurked on this forum for a few months but as I am starting to kick it off I wanted to say Howdy.

Edit: My TK number is 11038, but it seems the MEPD will not allow 5 digit 501st numbers :P

Wow galaxy trading! That takes me back. I got my first set of armor fx from costume junkie! It cost a small fortune to ship over here to he UK but man, it was worth it! This was going back when we (UK garrison) only had about 15-20 members.

Armor fx will always make me smile for that special reason. ;)

Hi everyone my name is Darren TK-6727 and I have been a member of the 501st/ UK Garrison for just over 2 years and am currentley a nice shiny stormtrooper with my second set of armour BFA which has been granted EIB and Centurion status on the FISD, since completing this build my old FX armour has been sitting in a box so I have decided to convert my FX into a sandy and have been steadily collecting bits to complete over the winter months although it may take a little longer depending on cashflow and finding parts.

My lid is not an FX and im not sure of the maker but is a good accurate one.

Working in maintenance at an old hotel/training centre some interesting things turn up and gives me access to materials that would otherwise be thrown away.

I have been having a good look around here on the boards and there is some great info and plenty of help so hopefully I should be able to make good progress with my build.

I am going to go with the captain version as I already have the orange pauldron along with the E11 and DLT-19 and will put together the move along backpack.

Due to the nature of my work and enjoy building things I am going to try and scratch build my backpack although I may need to bite the bullet and buy some vac formed parts if I get stuck for ideas.

Im currentley having a go at buiding a Sonix radio all made by parts ive found in my workshop at work.

Well thats me guys and I look foward to getting to know you all :thumbsup:

hey darren,be good to know where you are in the u.k.? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome guys, Marcus im from a woodland area called the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, so many trees here a Biker scout would feel at home :yes:

Hallo,

I am Alex. Today I got my new Armorkit for my Sandtrooper.

After I realized my TK Trooper project, I need something new :))

I hope I can find help here.

Greetings Alex

Hi Alex welcome to MEPD, i do belive that you will finde all the help needed to make a great TD