New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

HI my name is Luis. Its my first time here at the MEPD but have been a member of the 501st & FISD since 2009.

I've been thinking of going sandy.. I just recently finished my Boba Fett SE and wanted to try another challenging project ;D

Hope to learn a lot of stuff here!

Thanks!

HI my name is Luis. Its my first time here at the MEPD but have been a member of the 501st & FISD since 2009.

I've been thinking of going sandy.. I just recently finished my Boba Fett SE and wanted to try another challenging project ;D

Hope to learn a lot of stuff here!

Thanks!

Welcome Back to Tatooine good luck on your build :)

Hello,

I used to be a member years ago but went into the Army and sold my armor. My profile pic is my old armor, but i just got new armor and i'm gonna get it dirty real soon. I always had more fun in dirty armor for some reason.

Later, Cory

post-504-0-26435900-1349233303_thumb.jpg

hey there, my name is shane, I come from the gold coast australia redback garrison longfin squad, with my freshly approved TD thanks to all the info i have gathered over the past few months from your fine forums, also grabbed a pack off of one your finest ( dirty boy ) which i thank you very much for as it is absolutely awesome. hopping to have the pleasure of being deployed over here very soon.

Posted Image

and of course the pack thanks to dirty boy awesome!!!

Posted Image

Hello All,

My name is Paul. I live in NJ and am a proud member of the Northeast Remnant. I've been lurking around here for a bit now contemplating doing a Sandtrooper. I joined the 501st in 2007 with an FX stormtrooper kit and then went on to build up an ESB Boba Fett. I then started an Ep III clonetrooper build I finish last September. (My clone is the CRL pictiure for the 41st Elite clone!)

After getting my Fett up to a really great level I switched gears, sold it and began ANH Darth Vader this summer. I'm getting restless again and think I want to switch gears one more time. I've always liked the appearance of the Santroopers with all their gear and the BFG's! Weathered armor is cool looking to me (since EP III clones are dirty too!) and I'm not afraid to dirty up clean armor.

If I do move forward with this project I'd look to build up to SWAT level. Its a challenge that I'd really like to udertake. The MG-15 blaster is very interesting to me and I look forward to building one. I've done alot of scratchbuilding with armor and gear from Boba, the clone and Vader so I believe I can pull it off. I've looked at the guidlines posted here and have found a Sandtrooper with an interesting combination of pouches as well as the MG-15.

I'm a bigger guy (husky as they say) so realistically the AM armor is the best suited to my size. I'll look to get a set when the maker unveils his newest version/ mods. I've bookmarked threads here and at FISD already as sources of info and vendors for when I'm ready. We have an excellent TD in my garrison that I'll definitely rely on as a resource too. (Sorry John... don't know if your screen name here is the same. lol!)

Thanks!

Here are a few pics of my previous costumes and the Vader I'm working on now. Enjoy!

ESB Boba Fett

Posted Image

Posted Image

41st Elite Clonetrooper

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My current build: ANH Darth Vader... just awaiting Helmet/ Chest, paint, and a few other odd parts.

Posted Image

Hi peeps, TK5548 aka edgejedi (on a lot of forums) and real life Jase Fox, reporting in from the wild oooter rim regions of the North East, United Kingdom.

I used to have a LOT more costumes but due to the current economic climate I now have just three - TK with the 501 and an Xwing and Han Solo Hoth costume with the RL. Ive been in costuming for what seems like an eternity, but in reality was about 2005.

Great to be over here...is it ok if I bring my bucket and spade please? :woot:

I'm the TK on the left of this pic....

Posted Image

Hey guys welcome to the squad. Thanks for joining us on our mission to rid the world of one droid at a time :) lots of great people on here that will help guide you in the right direction. Anything you need just let us know

Hi everyone,

TK3896 of the UK Garrison reporting in..

I have been a member of the 501st for 12 months now and loving every minute. Currently am a nice shiny TK at EIB level but have some issues with my current armour that really do bug me!!

I have a set of AM which was great to start with but due to the fact that I am a bigger guy the black patches around the armour that show do get on my nerves. So I have just taken delivery of another set of armour (RT) and am thinking that it maybe time to get a little dirty to rid myself of those horrid black patches that drive me insane with a nice pauldron, pouches and backpack.. Only one problem I have already foreseen is that the Ab plate and buttons on the RT are moulded in.. Has anyone else had this before and has an answer how I can remedy this ????

Also I am currently working on an ESB Vader which I am hoping to have cleared by year end..

Thanks guys and hope to speak to you all soon :duim:

Hey all! Names Casey, I live in Texas and am beginning the arduous journey of building my first set of armor. I have no idea why I just saw this introduction section! I ran into a TK at the mall with my kids, and after seeing their reaction, I decided It was finally time to realize my childhood dream of becoming a stormtrooper. Anyway, I got off active duty to go back and finish college, so I'm going to have to build it piece by piece I think. I always thought sand troopers were the coolest, and apparently the only ones that can shoot according to Obi-Wan. Seeing as I was a real life desert soldier, it only seemed natural to extend that into the Galactic Army! I look forward to learning about all of this, and getting to know you all.

Only one problem I have already foreseen is that the Ab plate and buttons on the RT are moulded in.. Has anyone else had this before and has an answer how I can remedy this ????

Dont Panic... All sorted, spoken to Rob @ RT-Mod and he can supply me with a sandy ab and sniper plate, so looks like i'm getting dirty then :peace:

Hey guys! My name is Drew, I'm from NH. I'm not part of the 501st yet, but I have a Nova Trooper being sent my way, and was told to pick up missing materials from here! To complete it, I just need boots, a backpack, and my gun! Does anyone have any recommendations on backpack? Does anyone build their own DLT-19?

hey drew,

great to see you over here!

for your backpack youve come to the right place my friend,

you need to speak to either rick"dirtyboy" or john"quartermaster".both are equally great

and im sure will be over soon to help you out,if not you can pm them!

good luck with your nova bud!! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,My name is Bob, I just joined and i'm looking to do a Sandtrooper..I have been looking around and it is still a bit confusing to me.. I just really don't know where to start with all the different types of armor i guess... Can i ask what a basic Sandtrooper runs fully built up? Thanks for any info.

Bob