New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Man... I'm glad I found my way back to the Cantina....I'm not really the new kid on the block here but I just wanted to give a heads up that the crazy dutchman is back where he belongs.. the MEPD!!!!

Hi! I'm Chantal, I live in Palm Springs, CA, am brand spanking new and just started working on my TD armor. My husband just finished his and is waiting for his 501st approval (and excited to make a few adjustments and join MEPD!). I will be needing a lot of help!! So glad to meet you all!

Hi everyone im new here and in the process of doing a TD. I have been buiding all sorts of things for over 20 years but am very happy to take in all the knowledege that is accesible here. Thanks again and i look foward to making new freinds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello MEPD

I am Mark Westvig TD 4636. It is great to be on this Forum! I can remember my Dad taking me opening day to the Chinese Theater ( Now I am dating myself) and remember what an impact that had on me. For me it was all about those Sandtroopers! I currently have a old modified FX set with an AP Helmet. Now I have an AP Kit I am working on. This forum is really helping me with all the details so thank you. My goal is to be complete by the end of the year and if worthy, be MEPD Deployed. I am in the Neon City Garrison and we have a few Sandtroopers but no MEPD deployed. Look forward to learning alot from you guys!

Hi guys and gals, Posted Image

I'm work for NZ Railways and I am in the New Zealand Army Reserve engineers.I collect military items and have in the past done medieval reenacting, do WW2 German and Vietnam Kiwi and US. I think what you guys do is great getting out with people and promoting Star Wars. I started of looking at getting an Imperial uniform, but then one of the guys down here at Outpost42 had a Sandie for sell, so going the whole hog, bring on the droids.

greetings sentient beings...

my name is Ian i just sighned up here have contacted my local garrison

Timberline garrison i live in idaho

iv contacted the GLO but yet to hear back..

now it has takin me awhile to get my wife onboard in supporting me lol

iv read the sites ect. that say do not buy on ebay.. as impulsive as i am i have held off

iv waited a long time to join the 501st so i wana do this right now that work/life ect. will allow it... for me the sandtrooper as a kid was just the most

memorable...and intimidating.

with that being said were do i begin? ive seen whole kits on ebay saying 501st approved ata armor for 160 to 300 somthin.. but with the warning of do not buy on ebay im listening. were do i purchase the kit/suit

thank you for your forum and i appreciate any feedback

Hey Ian, Welcome to the MEPD!

You have done the right thing by staying off from ebay.

Thing is that most vendors there will sell cheap plastic and bad quality armors, based on an armor that once was accepted by the 501st.

If you got one of those, you might take it to proper canon, but it wont last much if you troop lets say, once every other month. And then, after a few months, you will start noticing details on your armor that you cant notice now, if compared to better more accurate kits.

So... for a start, go here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7240

Check all the info there and if you have any questions, let us know.

Also, approaching your local Garrison is a great idea. Maybe attend an armor party and check out their different kits and makes. To make a better more informed choice.

ATM, lots of troopers are focused on or at Celebration VI. But soon they will back and things will be back to normal regarding troops and gatherings.

Saludos.

Hey Ian, Welcome to the MEPD!

You have done the right thing by staying off from ebay.

Thing is that most vendors there will sell cheap plastic and bad quality armors, based on an armor that once was accepted by the 501st.

If you got one of those, you might take it to proper canon, but it wont last much if you troop lets say, once every other month. And then, after a few months, you will start noticing details on your armor that you cant notice now, if compared to better more accurate kits.

So... for a start, go here:

http://forum.mepd.ne...?showtopic=7240

Check all the info there and if you have any questions, let us know.

Also, approaching your local Garrison is a great idea. Maybe attend an armor party and check out their different kits and makes. To make a better more informed choice.

ATM, lots of troopers are focused on or at Celebration VI. But soon they will back and things will be back to normal regarding troops and gatherings.

Saludos.

thanx juan

i feel like a idjit i dint find this on MEPD site lol

appreciate it cept for the flood of questions im comin up with now lol

i understand there adjustable and all but im 6.1" pushing 240lb

an with that wich is easier to make sandtrooper rdy ?im assumming i dont need a high gloss

if im gonna wind up maiking it look like i weathered a sandstorm