New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Welcome Jason!

Looking good!

I love the Dewback prod! Looks like you're in his "cage" too. :D

Looks like you need to (should if you want) mod your ab plate so there are only 3 buttons on the left instead of 4... and your boots are clean... cause you didn't know that. :P

Hi, I'm Colin (Gattaca), I live in Victoria BC, Canada. Just getting into the different forums to learn all I can to make sure I build my armor right. I have my TupperwareTK suit mostly built, just a few more touch-ups and adjustments. I was told I should start a build thread of my progress so i'll do that as soon as I snap some photo's.

Hi, I'm Colin (Gattaca), I live in Victoria BC, Canada. Just getting into the different forums to learn all I can to make sure I build my armor right. I have my TupperwareTK suit mostly built, just a few more touch-ups and adjustments. I was told I should start a build thread of my progress so i'll do that as soon as I snap some photo's.

Welcome Gattaca!

Yes, please do start a thread! We loves us some build threads we do! B)

Hi Colin,

Ooh and pictures, we LOVE pictures on here too!

Welcome to the MEPD "We have been expecting you"

Smally ;)

Hey guys and gals! I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been on the forums for about two months now and I should be getting my kit here in another day or so. I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me and pointing me in the right directions especially Noel. I have asked him so many questions and he kept on telling me to post my question on the forums and stuff. Well hope all of you have a grand day and thanks again for all the help.

Hi everyone. I recently joined the board and I am in the process of putting together my TD armor. I'm a member of the 501st, Bast Alpha Garrison, New Orleans, LA, TI 7298. I wanted to say hello to everyone. I have about a thousand questions ;)

The first big question I have is about armor size - I'm 6'1" 210 lbs, so I'm not sure which set to hunt down. Any advice on which set might be best for someone of my build?

Thanks to all.

Brett

Hey again Robbie! :D

Great to have you posting on here.

Hey, you can't blame him for asking me stuff... if I would stop being so nice and answering him all the time he'd be forced to get on here and participate. :lol:

Welcome to you too Brett!

I have some friends — not 501st — at Barksdale AFB. B)

Check the links in my signature to answer your question about armor size.

But, honestly, 6'1" and 210 you'll fit about anything... some better than others... and depends on how big round your legs and such are. You'll be good to go though... check the links. :salute:

Hey guys,

I'm Jason. My friend Jokerfish (Tim) and I have been working on my new Sandtrooper costume. I still have to weather the boots, but other than that I hope to be close to 501st approval. Looking forward to gettin' dirty.

Let me know what y'all think.

Posted Image

Hey Jason, welcome to the MEPD!!

I have a question for you already...

I am currently working in a SE TD bucket and I think your approach to weathering looks a lot like SE... can I ask you, how did you do it? What kind of paint and how did you applied it?

Thx a lot!

Oh, and your boots need to get dirty ;) LOL!!

Saludos

Hello again.Name here is Dave, I joined back in middle of '08, but haven't been on at all since. Am awaiting legion approvel for my officers kit as I write. So hopefully soon I'll be 501st offical!!! Will now turn my sites to a TD!! Have started a Doopy's pipe build E-11. Have been reading and re-reading Panda's pack and T-21 builds. Will be getting stuff slowly to start building these. But the SLOW part will be saving for my Rt-mod kit. Was wondering if those are ok for deployment?

Will probably have some stuff done by fall. But as it has effected most, times are tight now!! Work has slowed down and prices are going up. So I'll be here for a long while before I get my kit.

I was inspired by Jester's TD at MidSouthCon,last weekend so this is what I'm shooting for!!

See you on the threads!!

P.S. I'm with the Mid South Garrison

• 2 weeks later...

td7764 reporting for duty. i am now an official member of the 501st. my goal now is to join the mepd. i am working on my screen accurate backpack now. any ideas on a blaster? can't wait to be deployed as a mepd member!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm Viktor and I've been around here a while but only just now got my 501'st application approved, so here is TD5592 reporting in for duty. If anyone of you happen to pass by the southern parts of Sweden you're always welcome to drop by for a glass of jawa juice.

Going to fix up the remaining flaws in the armor for deployment soon. My plan is to go for the cantina captain-version.

Hey all

Names Dan from Golden Gate Garrison. I have been a FISD member for a few years now but just recently made the decision to go dirty. Project is just getting off the ground now so i hope to have a suit assembled in a few months assuming all goes well...maybe faster depending on motivation.

Cant wait to get on deployment!

Hey all you new folks and folksettes! Great having you here!

I think you'll find we're the friendlies forum for the specific discussion of the sandtrooper costume on the internet!

and you can quote me on that! :P

Hello everyone

Zach from the Dune Sea Garrison here.

I have been a 501st approved TK for a little over a year now, and I guess I am getting lazy because I no longer ccare to spend each night before a troop polishing :P

So I decided to go TD and have fortunately found this site.

I am overwhelmed by the incredible amount of knowledge here. No other site even compares to the amount of information here!

On top of that, the generosity and kindness from each member I have encountered here is nothing short of astounding.

Hopefully I get all of my stuff done before too long. Thank you all in advance for your help!

Hello everyone,

Just thought i would introduce myself since i have been getting tons of info from you guys.

My name is Robert and I'm 35 years old and i live in Southern Cali, Northridge area. Ive been working on a (AP) TK now for a couple of years and now close to completion i decided that i would rather have a TD :rolleyes:.

Production has been slow do to an accident i had in 2009 that left me with 10 months of recovery and PT butt I'm on the warpath agian :D. Also started a TB. ;)

Looking forward to joing the 501st and MEPD.

When i get a chance i will post some pics of my progress.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info.

Take care and God bless.

Robert

For all of you who have a tick for the sand this is a great place for not using any soap and water at all. LOL

A great sandbox for meeting all kind of cool, smart and friendliest troopers

For those about to get dirty, we salute you!!!

Welcome to Mos Eisley!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all. My name is Scott. New to the group and no armor yet. I'm hoping to get rolling soon. There's plenty of reading and research I need to do first I'm sure. I'll be around. Look forward to getting dirty...