New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

I just happened to find this site by chance while in the final stages of researching the Sonix radio.

I have added the files I've been working on to the Sonix blueprints thread.

Welcome Dave!

You're in the right place for info on the Sonix for sure! We've got quite a few guys who can build them in their sleep... and many others (including myself) who have dead-on replicas already!

Great to have another guy here with interests in the specifics!! B)

Easy all,

I am currently a TK with plans to put together mods for HWT over the next 12 months. No plans to to go full Sandtrooper just yet (not until i get another set of armor anyway LOL)

I will be poking around the backpack sections and the BFG builds.

take it easy.

Brad

Welcome Brad!

I'm guessing you know that the HWT are mostly talked about on the FISD... but, that being the case, it's good to have you here and we have a good amount of knowledge that will be beneficial for a HWT build; like you said, especially about the packs!

Plus, we want you here because it's harder to convert you to a full-on TD if you're on other forums. B)

Welcome Brad!

I'm guessing you know that the HWT are mostly talked about on the FISD... but, that being the case, it's good to have you here and we have a good amount of knowledge that will be beneficial for a HWT build; like you said, especially about the packs!

Plus, we want you here because it's harder to convert you to a full-on TD if you're on other forums. B)

yeah, Ive looked around a little there but knew I could find vast amounts of info over here. The long term plan is end up with a full dirty TD. It's a process.

Knowledge is power mate.

PS I love this this web site, the graphic novel theme is brilliant. Who done this?

Hi everyone,

Im Bruce (TK7573 - EIB over at FISD) and have just signed up to get a bit dirty.

I have been thinking about a second set of armour and wasn't sure which way to go until some other troopers said that we were getting short of stormtroopers as everyone wants to do something different, so im thinking about just being the best stormtooper i can be.....but want to have the choice of getting dirty as well as clean.

I've got an SDS set (I know i know...) and will be looking for as much info as possible, I kinda know my stuff, or getting there, so have a decent eye for a nice piece of work.

Im quite tempted to start from scratch, but at the same time, if a set were to come up complete, I think I'd be equally as happy.

Looking forward to hanging about the dunes...speaking of which, my hometown is Aberdeen, Scotland, where Donald Trump is building a new golf course amongst, what he has renamed, The Great Dunes of Scotland, so im thinking a TD with the dunes in the background would make great pics....

All the best and hope you all have a great festive period.

Bruce

Ps. Ill update my pics, profile etc when i get to a decent computer, the iPad just wont let me !!!! :)

Hey Bruce!

Welcome to the MEPD!!

I am with you bro.

There are too many Non-Stromtroopers outthere. Why? I have no idea... good that you are sticking to the original white armor.

Lets just dirty it up! ;)

Feel at home and if you need anything, just ask!

Saludos

Juan

Ps. Ill update my pics, profile etc when i get to a decent computer, the iPad just wont let me !!!! :)

Welcome man!

I updated all I could for you... including giving you access to 501st only area. ;)

We're here when you need us!!

And, again, welcome! B)

...speaking of which, my hometown is Aberdeen, Scotland, where Donald Trump is building a new golf course amongst, what he has renamed, The Great Dunes of Scotland, so im thinking a TD with the dunes in the background would make great pics....

Haha... that's great btw!

I just heard he was building that there and thought of the same thing. Why "The Dunes" in Scotland I guess is beyond me... isn't it all green there? But, that would make a great pic! :D

Haha... that's great btw!

I just heard he was building that there and thought of the same thing. Why "The Dunes" in Scotland I guess is beyond me... isn't it all green there? But, that would make a great pic! :D

He should have just kept the name of the Dunes as they have been for hundreds of years - never mind !!! In all fairness, the majority of scotland is green until you get to certain parts of the coast, where it becomes sandy, duney and (excuse the made up word) gorselandy......

:)

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a Great Christmas!

I am new to the forum and signed up as I would lke to get a little dirty ! I am Steve and looking to get myself some armour any trooper based on Mos Eisley would be proud of !!

As I am Starting from scratch I have found your site very useful and packed with information and also fellow troopers to be very helpful thanks TD-244.

I am just a little unsure of the best buys and would welcome any advice you can give me.

Thanks and look forward to the Dirt!:)

p.s

Inspired by your site,This is some armour I have been working on, I have tried to make it as movie accurate as possible, but I think for my next set I should set my sites a little higher ;D Cheers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wampastompa/sets/72157625678006984/

Welcome Steve!

First off, that's a great set of armor you've got already. Might be a bit smaller than screen used... but very good indeed! :P

Secondly, I'm sure you've already seen the MEPD Officer Training post. If not, it's a great place to start.

After that just keep looking, reading, and asking questions.

If you have any questions you can't get an answer to by searching or asking publicly feel free to ask any of us via PM. B)

Aloha all! Just recently joined the 501st as TK 6985 (Southern California Garrison / Inland empire Squad) and hope to be TD deployed within the next couple of months! Happy New Year Brothers & Sisters!

Aloha all! Just recently joined the 501st as TK 6985 (Southern California Garrison / Inland empire Squad) and hope to be TD deployed within the next couple of months! Happy New Year Brothers & Sisters!

First newbie on the MEPD for 2011... congrats! :D

And welcome!

Look forward to helping you meet that dream of becoming dirty!

Oh, congrats too on the Legion membership! :duim:

Hi there name is Rob, from Niagara Falls Canada. just got my 501st approval on Dec 25, so now i am TD 6305. As soon as i have my back pack all sorted i will figure out how you post the pics on here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

THANKS

rob

Hi there name is Rob, from Niagara Falls Canada. just got my 501st approval on Dec 25, so now i am TD 6305. As soon as i have my back pack all sorted i will figure out how you post the pics on here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

THANKS

rob

Welcome Rob, and congrats on your TD designation and becoming part of the MEPD! :duim:

I've upgraded your status on here to be a sandtrooper so you should be able to see the TD only forums now as well.

Have fun, and again, welcome to the sand pit!! B)

Welcome Rob, and congrats on your TD designation and becoming part of the MEPD! :duim:

I've upgraded your status on here to be a sandtrooper so you should be able to see the TD only forums now as well.

Have fun, and again, welcome to the sand pit!! B)

Thanks Nol, not sure if you remember me but i posted on here very late in the year about first time armor buyer. Just want to say thanks to you and all other Sandies who helped me to get where i am now. I already got to try the armor out at my kids school, kids were taken back by a 6' 5" Sandtrooper...lol .

Thanks again to everyone...you all know who yous are :)

Hey, Nol. Good to see you again. :)

I'm new to the MEPD, but I've done a few costumes already --and I have a penchant for going dirty, so this is the next logical choice. I'll be getting my kit as a group build this year... and am looking forward to having a warm weather costume that I can wear when the snow melts.

Retired 501st costumes:

DZ:

Posted Image

TC:

Posted Image

Current:

TS:

Posted Image

Plus the Hoth Rebel, Endor Rebel and Snowclone. And I'm ~90% done with a Imperial Crew. But I've wanted a TD for some time, so this is the year to get hot and dirty --to compliment my cold and dirty costues. Yes, it's an addiction. And I'm OK with that. It's better than drugs. :)

So here I am... time to get searching and get studied up before the build begins.

Hey, Nol. Good to see you again. :)

I'm new to the MEPD, but I've done a few costumes already --and I have a penchant for going dirty, so this is the next logical choice. I'll be getting my kit as a group build this year... and am looking forward to having a warm weather costume that I can wear when the snow melts.

Hey man! Welcome!

Yes, nothing like having a TD for the hot days! :D

(heck... I think there's nothing like it for the cold days too... but I think I have to say that) :P

LOL, yeah, but a TD doesn't fit in as well as a TS when there is a foot of snow on the ground. ;)

Yep! That's why they never troop at my house... it's always 2,000 feet lower in the city. :D