New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi, James here. I've been serving as an Expert Infantry TK for over a year and a half now with the 501st. I've been transferred here and I'm jumping into the sand with both boots!!! ;)

I'm currently in the middle of the TD conversion process (AM armor) and will probably be asking for a few pointers from the pros here.

I just wanted to say a quick hello! I'm currently working on a RT-MOD TK, and joined the forums here to keep my eyes peeled for a set of AM drop boxes in the Supply Depot. Anyway, I see a lot of overlap from the FISD here! /salute

Hey Eric, welcome to the MEPD even if you are looking to become a TK!

This place and the FISD are sisters (or brothers) boards... many users here also belong there and the other way around.

But there is indeed a different approach and mood in many ways making each detachment special and specially aimed towards different versions of Stormtroopers. Being TDs the best of course!!! ;)

Feel at home bro. If you need any help or feel like going sandy, just let us know.

Saludos

Greetings and salutations to all Dwelling in the Home of the SandTroopers!

Im Raven, Legion Id 6056 and the Mad British member of Virginia's Garrison Tyranus. I Have lurked here abouts for months now and used what I found here to put together a few boxes of bits en pieces and now im ready to rumble! I have just started construction on my sandtrooper Captain.

first of all, let me tell you that you all ROCK! This is a site like no other in the 501st... the work you have done is simply fantastic!

And second... I intend to plug your combined wisdom without mercy!

Looking forward to getting to know you all a lot better.

:D

Hey Russ!!

Welcome bro!

This without a doubt is the best place for us sandies...

So, I am guessing you know must of the basics around. If you still need advice or any help at all, just let us know.

We will be happy to help.

Saludos

Juan

• 2 weeks later...

hello all

my name is Laurent I am 37 years old (38 in July ^ ^) and I live in Toulouse in southwest France. I discovered the 501st last year at the TGS of Toulouse and I thought back to childhood, seeing storms, pilot Tie, Biker scout etc, in the aisles. I am a member of the French garrison from the beginning of the year. I just had my centurion status

deployment on the FISD and I hope current year build a TD and why not at the status of swat.

friendly

Laurent

Greetings all!!

My name is Eric, Im 30 years old from New York.

Ive been lurking here for awhile now and have decided to build my first TD armor.

I own a few lids already but have wanted to start trooping for awhile and now is def the time.

Im still a "noob" in alot of ways and hope to learn as much as possible from everyone here.

Welcome Laurent and Eric!!

We were all noobs at one point Eric... so feel free to jump in and ask whatever you need answered. Even if it's been asked 100 x already, we're happy to answer it again; and one day you can help us answer for the ones who are noobs then. B)

Hi together...

my name is Alex, I am 35 years old and live near Stuttgart. I found this great site while googling for a TK armor... But now I'm pretty sure to build a Sandy... Boots, gloves, pouches and pauldron (orange of course, as my former rank in the Air Force ;)) are already in my work shop.. i hope Paul will add me to his list soon...

Greetings from Germany

Alex

Hiya Laurent, Eric and Alex! We're a fun bunch! :) Welcome to the MEPD! I am currently awaiting the approval of my costume so exciting times for me too!

Going dirty is so much fun! Post lots of pics of what you're up to when working on your suit because we love to see those! and most of all enjoy yourself! Everyone here is totally awesome and helpful! They gave me lot's of advice and support while I worked on my suit and I totally feel at home :)Don't be afraid to ask questions because these guys rock! :lol:

Gee, I forgot to introduce myself !

I'm Thomas, 23, from Annecy (France), and on my way to join the 501st and Mos Esley's Police B) !

I'm the responsible for the latest e-11 thread here, you'll see that I'm not afraid about going dirty, blaster included ! I already own the blaster, boots, pauldron (orange one, I'll go "road-block" captain), and Dirty Boy's finely crafted backpack is on its way overseas, as TK6294's iComm plus Aker speaker. Still looking for pouches, neackseal and gloves, but shouldn't be that hard to find.

And, last but not least, my brand new ATA sandy armour will be molded, packed and shipped this weekend (yay, after a 6 weeks long waiting list !)

Hopefully I'll get deployed soon (I plan to be really close to Anthony Forrest's sandy, even weathering), and I'll maybe try SWAT if I find a not-too-costy blaster to replace my Hasbro :lol:

Move along, move along !

Hi Sandys!

My name is Adie, TD4666, i've lurked here in the past... i'm already a cleared 501st Sandtrooper and belong to the UK Garrison, i also am a cleared TB and a TK. I joined as a TD back in 2006 and trooped as often as i could until 2009, have been away for a while with work and other real life commitments that got in the way but i have collected my armour from my folks house where it's been in storage and i'm hoping to get trooping again ASAP. Once a TD, always a TD!

Looks forwards to checking out the forums!

Adie

Hello,

I'm a member of the Ohio Garrison and my first set of armor is on its way. I have trooped quite a few times in my wife's old FX armor but I wanted something of my own so I bought a TD.

Lots of good info on here!

G'day, G'day G'day my name is Grant & I'm from the UK.

I'm not a Sandy yet however by the turn of the year I'm hoping to get dirty!!

I'm hoping this is a great place to source the kit I need!

Hey Rich and Grant!

Welcome to the MEPD!

This is the right place to learn everything Sandy and become the coolest meanest trooper you can!

Check out all the valuable info here and if you need any help, just let us know.

Bienvenidos.

Saludos

Hi all. My name is Andy AKA Dusty on the uk garrison forum. I've been an active member of the UKG since August 2010.

My designetion no. is TD6311. I had the great pleasure over the weekend of trooping with some of you guys at the NSC, and my T-21 was quite popular :-)

I will be submiting my clearence pictures within the next two weeks.

Until then stay cool.

Cheers.

Andy.

was good to troop with ya matey! B)

and thanx for letting me photograph the barrel detail! ;)B)

Hi Sandys!

My name is Adie, TD4666, i've lurked here in the past... i'm already a cleared 501st Sandtrooper and belong to the UK Garrison, i also am a cleared TB and a TK. I joined as a TD back in 2006 and trooped as often as i could until 2009, have been away for a while with work and other real life commitments that got in the way but i have collected my armour from my folks house where it's been in storage and i'm hoping to get trooping again ASAP. Once a TD, always a TD!

Looks forwards to checking out the forums!

Adie

good on ya mate! hope to troop with ya soon! B)

Good day everyone. The name is Chris. I very new to this, and am going to apoplogize in advance for all the questions I am going to have for you all.

A little about me: I am a Certified Texas Peace Officer, and am currently between departments, but should be getting the call this week for my next duty assignment. I have worked in the San Antonio area as a Police Officer since 2003, and can't really think of anything else I would rather do with my life. I have a soft spot for the Sandtroopers (go figure), and want my first build to be such. I don't have a lot of skill in fabricating, but I am willing to take a shot at it for the sake of my new hobby. I want this build to be as exact as I can get it to the "Move Along" Officer, and have a secret desire to do an actual traffic stop on someone in full gear, just to see their faces LOL. Thank you in advance for all you help, and I am glad to have found you all.

BTW If you live near San Antonio, and am willing to let me get a close up view of your uniform, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Chris (TXPD2003)

Good day everyone. The name is Chris. I very new to this, and am going to apoplogize in advance for all the questions I am going to have for you all.

A little about me: I am a Certified Texas Peace Officer, and am currently between departments, but should be getting the call this week for my next duty assignment. I have worked in the San Antonio area as a Police Officer since 2003, and can't really think of anything else I would rather do with my life. I have a soft spot for the Sandtroopers (go figure), and want my first build to be such. I don't have a lot of skill in fabricating, but I am willing to take a shot at it for the sake of my new hobby. I want this build to be as exact as I can get it to the "Move Along" Officer, and have a secret desire to do an actual traffic stop on someone in full gear, just to see their faces LOL. Thank you in advance for all you help, and I am glad to have found you all.

BTW If you live near San Antonio, and am willing to let me get a close up view of your uniform, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Chris (TXPD2003)

Hey Chris, welcome!

The "move along" is a great trooper for sure!

Have a look at the MEPD Officer Training to get up to speed quickly. Then start posting specific questions after that!

Good to have you here! B)