New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Good Day Eh!

Matt here, from Victoria Canada

I have been itchin to get into tropping for years now, and finally I have made the leap in to slowly getin gthe gear for it.

It wont be done overnight by anymeans but its going to be an awsoem ride doing it. I thank all the posters in the forum as its a fantastic resource, that makes getting info sooo much easier.

Cheers

Hello everyone!

My name is Jason, I am from Wellsville, NY. (Where?!)

My beautiful family and I share a love for STAR WARS.

Im married and have 3 little ones. 5, 3, & 1.

Okay, lets see...

I went (several times) to see Revenge of the Sith when it came out, and afterward thought..."OH MAN...how cool would it have been to have had a cool trooper costume for opening night!!! But alas, my chance has past."

Then recently came news... Star Wars, back in theaters this AUGUST!!! WHOO HOO! Another chance... perhaps my last!

I started looking around on evilbay for a Clone Trooper costume and then I saw it... a Sandtrooper costume! I recalled how flipping cool they look on the big screen and decided that's the costume for me.

Then I looked into this "501st I kept hearing about". WOW! I definitely want in to that! What a great community!

Then I looked into the pricing...The prices being what they are though have created an obsticle that I am not sure I can overcome financially right now, sadly.

The problem is... I got an Imperial sized "itch" now to own a Sandtrooper costume (or at LEAST a Stormtrooper) and be in the 501st !

My dream of going a week early to the local theater in full costume to help promote the new movie and (have lots of fun doing so) will probably not come true... but SOMEDAY.. someday... hopefully I'll be able to afford one of these fine costumes and become a member of the 501st as a Sandtrooper! (I mean, after all, what other trooper is cooler than a Sandtrooper?)

The 501st is a GREAT organization from what I have read about it, and it will be a privilage and an honor to someday be a part of it!

In the meantime, Im happy to be a part of this forum comunity!

Keep up the good work everyone, and May The Force Be With You ALL!

First post, I'm a total newb, but I am spending all of my tax returns on an armor kit as soon as the money hits my hands! I've been wanting to do this for a few years now and it's time I got started...

I live just outside of Washington D.C., former musician ( the biz stinks now) so I've been making props as a hobby for almost a year now, mostly lightsabers (is that blasphemy on this side of things?).... anyway, the biggest problem so far is finding the kit I want....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello My name is Xavier, and after being a life long fan and collector of Star Wars I recently started to build my armor, and gear.

I will hopefully be up and running very soon

I am also a life long model builder (since the age of 7), and have dabbled in set building on a few t.v. shows.

Anyway I hope to get my gear to look as good as some of yours :o)

Hi all, Im Andy from Birmingham England, been a member of the UKG 501st for about 3 years.

My costumes I have at the moment are TK, Tusken (not yet finished), Commander Bly Clone and of course the sandtrooper which im working on at the moment.

Just like to say a big thank you to Leigh TD4128 for the instructions on how to build the backpack

TK5005

TC5005

Hi everyone im Mark from the ukg. There are a lot of familiar names here and some new ones, some of you may know me already as TK 8993...

Ive been thinking of turning my fx stormtrooper kit into a sandy and getting some new armour to keep clean later this year and i have been collecting a few items ready for the change.

See you on the boards guys

Hi everyone im Mark from the ukg. There are a lot of familiar names here and some new ones, some of you may know me already as TK 8993...

Ive been thinking of turning my fx stormtrooper kit into a sandy and getting some new armour to keep clean later this year and i have been collecting a few items ready for the change.

See you on the boards guys

Hi All! And especially to you Mark FISD Elite - I think you'll make MEPD Police Officer status in no time. Used TK suits make excellent TD suits - mine sure did

hi all, oOo

old forumer guy, xeroroskk (well, not really a 'guy' per se, but that gets complex real fast) under a new name.

anyway, i ended up voiding my account by dooming it to update to an email that i forgot was deleted

but i like this forum name better

Hi everyone,

My names Leland and Im currently working on my armor and been reading up on the site how to make it dirty.

Hopefully will be submitting my application to the 501st in the next couple months and then once I get everythign squared away Im gonna be trying for deployment here.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Its official. I am getting dirty. I have been on an armor spending spree and at least one of these babys is going TD. I really want to shoot for a Davin "look Sir, Droids" trooper. I will be lurking mostly, and posting when I can offer somthing.

I see alot of names I know, so I know I am among freinds. Thanks guys...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Hello....

I'm Kris TK/RC 6247 of the Georgia Garrison. Some of you I know, some of you may know me from CT.n, C-E, etc...

I'm currently 46 and have been a SW and general SF fan since a long time ago...

Posted Image

Circa 1980 I think...

I'm the tall one that needs a shave.

Anyway I dropped out of all things from 1986 until 2006 when my daughter (then 14 wanted to go to Dragon Con) I first said NO! @!#$@% WAY!!! having the perspective of once being a late teens early 20's male at Cons... She said "Daddddyyyy Please...etc" anyway the whole family went to D*C in 2006 then she wanted a Boushh.... :blink:

Posted Image

The she said lets troop... and our local CO said... she's not old enough.... so I made...

Posted Image

I just picked up a vintage GF ANH TK... and am building a 501st clone for my son and a AT-AT driver for my wife... and eventually I'll do a TD, and Vader for me... and a Fett for my son....

I think Patricia wants a Zam Wessell... and it goes on and on....

Anyway the family that troops together stays together, right?

Glad to be here, I've been lurking for a while and after posting the D*C Mixer invite in the 501st section, I figured I should introduce my self...

Kris

Hi everyone

my name is Sascha I'm 28 yo and from Germany

I'm member of the German Garrison (Storm and Snowtrooper)

I finished my sandtrooper a few weeks ago and only had to register myself as Sandtrooper ...

greetings form Germany

Sascha

• 3 weeks later...

If you've just joined the group, please introduce yourself here. <!-- s:y: --><!-- s:y: -->

Hey all.

Sorry Seth, but I've posted a new topic instead of replying to this one. It's an intro under the heading of "Belated intro". I'm having a bad day..........a real bad day! :rolleyes:

apologies, Nick ( HolyGuardSpartan )

Hello,

My name is Robert and I'm in the Mountain Garrison, Pikes Peak Squad. I just recently got my TK approved, and have started to do more exploring. I wouldn't doubt if a Sandtrooper is in the future, but I'm working on a TX at the moment.

I look forward to talking with some of you soon.

Robert

Hey People,

My name is Simon TK-2419 Trooperfish and i've just joined cause i'm becoming a Sandy! Wo Hoo. I've almost completed the Backpack and decided to come here for some weathering technechs!

I'm a member of the UK Garrison and been with them for about 8 mths.

Thanks for having me!

Fish

Thought I should introduce myself. My name is Paul and I just joined the legion last month as a TK and now I'm exploring the other detachments to plan out my next project. The armor is addictive, and I can't wait to start my next project.