New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Thanks guys!

I finished weathering my armor and I´m working on the backpack and mg-34 (DL-19).

hopefully the backpack will be fully assembled tomorrow and the DL-19 will be done next week.

I modded the sniper plate using the extra abs pieces from my armor.

I also modded the abs plate completely.

tonight i´ll do the cheese grater (is this spelled right?) hand plate and replace the old TK air intake areas in the helmet and replace them with slate grey fine mesh. That way I´ll have 6 vetilation areas in the helmet besides the mouth area.

oh...and I also got the mp40 clip holders.

will post pics of the weathered armor in a bit so look for it!

wanna know what you guys think.

I want to have the best TD I can get with the material I could get here.

CHEERIOS!

Comander Dargas.

TK-1845 (soon to be TD-1845!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

Doug Atwood (TK1430) signing in here. I've been a TK with the Alpine Garrison (Mustafar Squad, S.E. Idaho) for 3 years and I've started the conversion process. I'm finishing up a scratch-built pack (waiting for some glue to dry as we speak), got the pauldron, ANH-style helmet, flat lenses, no lines, accurate pouches, no drop boxes, MG-34, dirt, etc etc. Just gotta do the ab plate mod and knee plate.

I've been lurking for a few weeks gleaning pack info, and I thought it was time I introduced myself.

Thanks for all the great info here, I'm so excited to complete my journey to the dirty side!

Here's a (crappy) recent pic, before I changed the canisters out for accurately-sized ones and finished the pack. I didn't even realize I'd forgotten to put my neckseal on until I'd uploaded the pic (d'oh!):

Posted Image

-Doug

Great Looking Trooper you got there man!!!

Sweet looking Helmet!!!!

Kudos on the work My friend and welcome to the Detachment Department!

Thanks for the welcome and the compliments! Picked up the faucet cover for my bee stinger, then I'll move on to the knee and ab plate mods. Alas, kids' Halloween costumes take priority... :(

Welcome Home Drax!!

That´s quite a colection of armor!

Nice to hear someone going straight for the hardworking TDs

If you might my friend, please take a few minutes to check my TK to TD work in progress in here.

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3264

You Sound to be a pro in the costuming world so I would apreciate your review!

Thanks in advance and see you in the dunes!

Vode An

Greeting all members of the MEPD,

OK got is (well this page.)

OK my name is Marco and I'm a fan of SW for many many years. Born and raised in Rotterdam and already for 2,5 years an active busy with building SW costumes.

Got some rare ones like

* the albino version of Darth Vader custom build

* Swamptrooper Snyperstyle (new style of a TX)

* Darth Revan

And some other costumes like

* Predator

Also a member of a Dutch costume club (DCM). Very active in going and showing at SW conventions.

But now is the time to build a screen accurate Sandtrooper. So you will see a lot of qustions from me.

LaterZ ...Marco

Kia'ora from New Zealand

Been involved in the Imperial costuming scene since '04 and finally got 501st membership with my ARC Clonetrooper a few weeks back. With the Clone out of the workshop I'm ready to start on a new project, and a Sandtrooper is something I've been wanting to build for a long, long time

Already begun hunting out parts in preparation, and saving madly for the armour. Looking forward to participating on the boards and having some fun

-Pera

Hi my name is Short Trooper and am wanting to be a Sand trooper and am trying to modify my Storm Trooper armor. I am hoping to be a full fledged member of the MEPD but do I have to become a member of the 501st first???

well I am just trying to get it to fit right now as I am working on it very slowly to get it on first. I am in the process of making a back pack and a Dewback prod, and I have a head set and small audio speaker for my helmet already. I am working on the belt to get it finished, but my biggest problem is getting the armor to fit as I am very short and small.

I am 5 ft 1 inch tall and weigh a whole 114 pounds. I am also a lady trooper, and very petite.

I came over tot his site on recomendations of a few Sand/Storm Troopers onthe 501st board.

Short Trooper (diana)

Hi all, and welcome!

Diana, yes you must be 501st approved before becoming an MEPD detachment member, as we're a detachment of the 501st. You should have no problems, though...if you meet MEPD standards, you'll more than meet 501st standards.

:D

Hi my name is Short Trooper and am wanting to be a Sand trooper and am trying to modify my Storm Trooper armor. I am hoping to be a full fledged member of the MEPD but do I have to become a member of the 501st first???

well I am just trying to get it to fit right now as I am working on it very slowly to get it on first. I am in the process of making a back pack and a Dewback prod, and I have a head set and small audio speaker for my helmet already. I am working on the belt to get it finished, but my biggest problem is getting the armor to fit as I am very short and small.

I am 5 ft 1 inch tall and weigh a whole 114 pounds. I am also a lady trooper, and very petite.

I came over tot his site on recomendations of a few Sand/Storm Troopers onthe 501st board.

Short Trooper (diana)

Howzit ST!

Welcome to the MEPD.

What type of armor are you working with?

T

:D

Short Trooper (diana)

Howzit ST!

Welcome to the MEPD.

What type of armor are you working with?

T

I think it is the ABS plastic as it is very thin and easy to bend. IT is the A new Hope Stormtrooper armor I think. I am new at this so pardon if I don't know all the lingo to the armor stuff. The kit the guy made for me was just the basic armor and apparently didn't come with a lot of other stuff. He finished the helmet for me that he was to send as a kit, which I didn't know he was going to do.

I have trimmed a lot of the armor off but am afraid to trim any more. The calf pieces are hard to see how much to trim as my legs are VERY short . THe thigh pieces still need a tiny bit off the top as it's still hitting me in the groin and knee cap. The calf pieces are still hitting me mid knee cap but I don't want to trim too much more off or it will wreck the look of the armor.

I also have been using velcro th hold the armor together as I cannot handle the smell of the ESB glues. (I have multiple allergys to certain glues paints and solvents, plus a neuropathy disability which disfigures my hands and lower legs a bit)

I will try to have some one take pictures of me with the armor on, and you can see how it looks so far.

I have been lurking on this site for a while and have gotten quite a bit of information on making the back pack and the Dewback prod.( One of my most prized possesions is a large scale toy Dewback with the Sandtrooper riding on it's back. It's 36 inches long and the Trooper is 12 inches tall . The whole thing together is 6 pounds!)

On thing I am having trouble finding is the Sterilite Clear 1752 for the main box on the back pack. I did find a web site that carries it so I may have to order it there if I can't find it here.

Short Trooper (Diana)

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya all, I'm Mike or "Tyranneix" from the Florida Garrison, Squad 7 (TK8732) and I've been secretly watching the forums for a couple weeks now and I figured I'd go ahead and say hi and introduce myself.

I was a TK but am now starting the TD conversion process after only being TK for a few weeks. Guess once the armor starting getting dirty, I just figured "what the hey" and have decided to go all the way. I'm starting with an FX suit for now (thanks Ward) and have already started to mod the helmet with flat smoke lenses (I know I need green) and blue tube stripes. I'm in the process of modding the ab plate and building my sniper plate so then once all the structural mods are done, I'll be getting "real" dirty.. instead of those wannabe dirty clean TKs..

Thanks for all the help so far. There is a ton of knowledgable people here and I hope to join the Deployed ranks soon. Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I guess I should do the formal thing and get the intro out of the way!

Name is Scott, and I have been in the legion for about a year. Started as a TK, and I am currently the Deployment officer for the FISD. I decided that I needed to do a new set of armor every year, so I am converting the TK to a sandy and getting a new TK.

I live in Colorado (where we are getting round two of 8" snow storms)!! I am married and have two boys, 10 and 6. They are all very supportive, and most of them troop with me. I did Celebration IV and spent around 30 hours in armor over the five days. I also spent some time in partial armor during the World Series, rooting for the Rockies (not Costa Rica ).

My biggest passion outside of Star Wars is my connection with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I have had Juvenile (Type 1) diabetes for 21 years, and have been a part of the local fund-raising walks in Denver for the past 7 years. This year, I got some of the local Garrison together and we made it a troop. We mingled with the kids, and I walked the three miles in armor, and raised over $2,000 for JDRF!!! Here is a link to the local JDRF website where our Garrison is mentioned!!

Well, that is about it. I need to get back to work so I can start getting my pack trimmed, and work on the TD bucket.

Thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it, I just spent the last 5 minutes typing up a comment and it logged me out, losing everything I wrote. lol.

OK, try this again. I'm new to this part of StarWars with the regard to costume making. I've been to several sites of the 501st and been doing as much research as possible. I know there are rules about naming names and what not. I also have a buddy who is in the 501st.

My friend has been busy at work to talk Stormtrooper armor, but I plan on getting as much from him as possible when I can. In the meantime, I was hoping some of you could direct me to a place to purchase the armor. You can PM me or email me privately to avoid any problems. I just don't want to get screwed and I've heard plenty of horror stories.

The main issue I have is my size. I'm worried the armor won't fit my chest and gut. Arms, legs and head will be fine, but I'm rather big around the middle. 51" chest and 46" waist. Yeah, I know, I'm outta shape. This could be a good incentive to get in shape. Do you guys think fitting into F/X armor would be a problem for me?

In any case, whether the armor would fit or not at this time, I still want to purchase it, build it and modify it according to Sandtrooper specs. I'd like to go all out and do the backpack, weapons...everything. It would only be then that I would apply to the 501st and more specifically the MEPD. I was a MP in the Army and this seems the perfect place for me.

I'm very excited to get this underway, it's been a dream of mine for 30 years to own a Stormtrooper costume, finally, the chance is here. So if any of you could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Just in case you are wondering, my online name of Force95B has nothing to do with StarWars. lol, actually it's based on the Nike shoe. 95B is my MOS of Military Police when I was in the service.

Great community you have here, hopefully I will be apart of it one day.