*ACTIVATED* TD-5423 / DAVEMARS / SWAT OFFICER # 014

sir david

I know the pics haven't been great so far, but it was the best way for everyone to pick up on what mods are needed.

The incorrect hand guards had been on here for over a week before anyone noticed

Cheers for the feedback brothers

My chest weathering has been improved since the last pic which was difficult as the weathering was sealed with laquer for well over a year

Cheers Marcus!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods looking really good.

All I would add at this moment is to lighten up a bit on the chest weathering, and then add a new layer. Right now it looks a bit too thick. It is in the correct shape, now lets make it look the correct texture.

I did my own weathering just a couple of weeks ago and can relate 100% to where you are now. This is not an easy job, but then, neither is living to the SWAT team expectations. Lets get it done!

Let us know about your pack upgrades when you get the new parts!

:)

Saludos.

And... if you allow,... here is my own weathering and an ANH reference.

I dont mean mine is perfect, but even if it is washed a bit by the camera, it will show how much closer you can get to the real thing in the pattern/texture relation.

Even, the white parts can be copied....

Hope you like it and it helps... and anyway, remember to copy the real deal, not other trooper's gear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saludos

Juan

Nice work on the chest weathering Bro!

I Worked on the chest at the weekend, I need to post a recent pic later. Just waiting for the sun to come out lol.

I think the shape is better than before & has been lightened up

Still no sign of the pack parts or tracking updates since New York so going to chill for a few days :)

Saludos

Dave

keep it up bro! youve done well here ! ....and remember, if you need help on the weathering or anything else,give me a shout bro! :yes:

Cheers Bro!

Here's the plan ;)

I do best to my ability then Monday I'll come round kit up & you can check everything & add any final touches & adjustments.

You did a awesome job converting my TK!

Most of extra requirements I had to do were updated mods & had to change my belt which had cracked.

Hope I've done you proud?!

Here are the updated chest pics in daylight, i'm happy with the shape, my armour does have a fairly dark base coat of weathering but look's different in certain light conditions.

I loved the original dark patches Sir Dave did for me but we are going for accuracy here and i think i've done ok blending everything i had to remove.

Sir Dave will add his magic weathering touches before he take's some pics of me kitted up

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers brothers

We'll see how it looks when fully kitted up next week bro Won't take Dave long to make any changes anyway.

So close now, think my Fieldpack parts are stuck in New York lol

hopefully the next post will be the final pics! ;)

Yep... I dont really know.

I am positive it was not there this morning, and then it appeared.

Also, I was in the understanding that no one except mods could modify the thread title once posted.

I believe it was a honest mistake... by whoever did it.

No worries mate!

:)

Saludos

Yeh never delete WIP stages Dave, they were the most valuable thing I used when researching and building my armour. Looking at how other people have done stuff is essential.

Looking great man you are so nearly there now.

Nick

Ok brothers! Thought some of you were getting annoyed with the length of the thread lol

After seeing Juan's post on The Hurtlocker I thought maybe this thread belonged there. Awesome work bro! Shame half of your pics appear as question marks on my phone :(

It is close tho & the Ricks parcel has cleared UK customs :)

And my Bro Dave will add his magic touches to my armour on Monday