*ACTIVATED* TD-5423 / DAVEMARS / SWAT OFFICER # 014

sir david

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my pleasure dave,

glad i could be part of it and really enjoyed myself!

hope the photos i took were of some use to you all! :thumbsup:

Yes mate loving the pics! Definitely captured the feel of the event like Jen use to before she bought the snowtrooper

bar the telescopic radio antenna the box is done now ......i had to have a joint in the leather surround at the bottom of the radios,to allow access to the mp3 player and amp inside the radio box ,i velcro attatched the joint,hope this is permissable for SWAT guys ,-as i want to do it as per 76' as best as i could ,i also needed the practicality of accessing the modern technology that we have today ! :thumbsup:

if i had built these boxes with out the mp3 player and amps installed,i would have done a stitch joint on the surround,and glued the fascia on after mounting to the seed tray but ,i did add a "simulated " stitched joint on the leather to these boxes !!!!! just need to add the wire now and weather to finish after antenna is installed ...... i really hope it makes the grade for SWAT now brothers ! :popcorn:

Posted Image[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

i added fabric over fascia grille holes (to hide the mp3 amp )...... but looks similar to the original black speaker cone material in texture too !.........

Posted Image

the MEPD Sandtrooper radio loop download is also installed on the mp3 too, and is LOUD and PROUD too guys !!!!!! :thumbsup::td:

hope this is up to the mark guys! :popcorn:

you are more than welcome bro!, i have attempted to do this as near as possible,while being practical for insatalling amps and mp3's :yes: and ,a MASSIVE thanx to Rick for the awesome radio parts ,and Juan for our many ,76' all the way " geeky " conversations on this radio ! lol ! .....this has made me so much more passionate about the original sandtrooper than ever now guys !!!! ......i am on a MISSION now ! :salute: :salute:

thanx for the many "geeky ,76' sandtrooper discussions we have shared together juan! :0) .....we have talked about the leather clad sonix for a while,after you did it, first ,and,i think (as you do) - that it is the way to go BRO ! ....as Rick supplied our radio box kit, i have offered to make him a leather surround for his own unit from me ( with a little message for him too! ,as he did for us ! ) ....... bgrothers helping brothers! ,and,.....76' ALL THE WAY GUYS! :0)