*ACTIVATED* TD-5423 / DAVEMARS / SWAT OFFICER # 014

sir david

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do but everythings abit on the small size, mines vac formed into the plastic. i could maybe cut it out?

I'm nipping round Daves on monday so he can check everything over so we'll have a look then

Posted pics on facebook on my Fieldback WIP

Cheers Rick it looks so much better!! awesome work

Nothings stuck on yet i'll wait til monday when Sir Dave makes a leather radio case for the box :duim:

Not your fault bro

I just didnt think about the size difference, i'll post a pic up on facebook now and see if you can give me any advice, ive got a pic of my new and old radio together

also whats the best way to mount the fascia on the box, dont want it dropping off during trooping haha

cheers

Yeh never delete WIP stages Dave, they were the most valuable thing I used when researching and building my armour. Looking at how other people have done stuff is essential.

Looking great man you are so nearly there now.

Nick

wow buddy! i didnt realise you you got a command staff position !.....it only seemed like yesteday ,i helped you get 501st clearance ,mepd deployment and swat :salute: :salute: :td: !....well done bro!

DAVE HAS PASSED THE REIGNS OVER TO ME AGAIN TO HELP HIM NAIL THIS FINALLY !.....YOU HAVE WORKED HARD BRO, AND ,ALL THE MODS YOU HAVE DONE ,HAVE BEEN TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD TOO !....... i was frustrated with the dark shade of his weathering on the belt and chest recently,but then found out that dave used a different brand of paint to what i used when i originally weathered the armour - id didnt dilute as thin as the raw umber pigment i have.....but,i have told him what to do,and will layer the sections he will rub away with the original pigment,so it will blend in to the original armour , his pack is going really well too,. just adding leather radio box cvovering at the moment ,and have installed the jack sockets too .....so, no more posts here for a while now until all looks correct !

......i must say,that,since i did my SWAT mission,the standards have seriously increased BIG TIME !!!!! ......AND ,RIGHTFULLY SO ! ....i think us earler SWAT guys had it a lot easier than the current requirements !....but, it all helps to make us better,more original,and accurate as a detatchment !.....so i say.....76' ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!! :0)

I agree....it's getting much more critical than when the program originally launched. I love it though...anytime something new is brought to light I go back and make the appropriate change to my armor.

Dave's gear is looking real good nd I think once the dilution o the weathering is there, it will push it to the next level :)

I've enjoyed doing changes & achieved alot in the last 2 or 3 weeks

Thanks brothers for all the help & advice

Daves going to do a great job with the radio's.

I'll build the pack up & Dave will add any final touches to the weathering when I kit up in week or 2 :)

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys! just a quick update on daves pack here!........ i am in the process of building his new radio box (and mine too) ... Juan and me ,talked about this quite a bit ,and we are going for the same look of the original Sonix Victory unit!. :yes: ..... the fascia,box,large radio dial and strap brackets,are by Dirty Boy ......thanx so much Rick !!!!! :0) ......the rest is down to my research,and help from Juan,(AND ONE PERSON WHO OWNS A real VICTORY RADIO i saw the reference pics,along with Juan -BUT PROMISED NOT TO POST THEM ,so, you can get the idea of how the original unit looks from my W.I.P pics on mine and daves boxes....... i have also added copies of the original Victory decals,(to make it more 76' looking),and as JUAN has done on his SWAT mission, Juan and myself discussed the original leather covering,and both agreed it was a grained leather/pvc ,so, i added the "grained leather box surround" to our boxes !!! :duim: ......,also i have added real jack sockets,and will also add a working telescopic antenna(aeriel) on mine and daves boxes ! - the antanna will,obviously be collapsed on the pack,but i gotta deo it as it was in 76' !.....pics to follow of my work on the radio for d(and me too)so far.............

here are a couple of pics of my work so far guys! :0)

dave has done all of the other packj mods that were required ,so, i hope this will be the final lot of jobs on his very long,and very "well deserved" SWAT mission!!!! ( along, with me guiding him guys ! ) 76' ALL THE WAY DUDERS!!!!!! :duim::salute::popcorn:

Cheers for the work on the radio bro! You've done a sterling job as always & setting new standards like you did with your weathering

I didn't see the radio weathering pics on facebook earlier.

I'll post the back view of my pack later from last weeks troop with my old radio on