*ACTIVATED* TD-5423 / DAVEMARS / SWAT OFFICER # 014

sir david

What did you use Nick & have you got a link?

We'll look awesome at winter Mem sadly I'll be in Spain during Movie Mania :(

I scratch built mine using some exploded diagrams I found on here actually mate. If you look at Juan's SWAT WIP I think you'll see that his radio is quite alot deeper.

Yeh looking forward to it mate. It'll be great to get us SWAT boys together, I wonder how many we can muster?

Nick

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scratch built mine using some exploded diagrams I found on here actually mate. If you look at Juan's SWAT WIP I think you'll see that

his radio is quite alot deeper.

Yeh looking forward to it mate. It'll be great to

get us SWAT boys together, I wonder how many

we can muster?

Nick

Me you, Phil, Dave should be no probs for winter Mem, hopefully Jason will join us too but it's a bit of a journey for our Scottish brother

Ah you scratchbuilt your radio? Very nice Nick I actually thought it was one of Dirty Boys.

Ricks sending me a full Radio so it'll be deeper. I'll have a new bottle, bowl & exhaust port too

Just need a descent pic of how everythings positioned now

Ah Marcus! Yeah that was me, Jen in her snowtrooper, & Nick busy day for all of us but good to meet you.

How's your armour coming along?

Cheers for all the feedback so far mate!

no problem bro!!

yeah,started my new armour tonight,biceps first,nice and steady does it!

what is the winter mem you speak of guys,is it manchester?,also is there a winter nsc troop?

p.s. hows things nick? :thumbsup:

no problem bro!!

yeah,started my new armour tonight,biceps first,nice and steady does it!

what is the winter mem you speak of guys,is it manchester?,also is there a winter nsc troop?

p.s. hows things nick? :thumbsup:

Winter mem happens spring end march & winter end of nov, loads of celebs, cosplay. Prop stands & memorabilia to buy

It's at Birmingham Nec 2 day event. Haven't missed 1 for 3 years

Make a WIP bro! We'll help ya and you've got access to all our pics for reference

Nice 1 Marcus

I'll pm you the mem date when I find out, usually the last weekend of November.

NSC is the weekend in September around the 23rd

I only found out how to post pics last week I'm useless too

Hey Dave,

Sorry for taking so long to write my reviews... Work and life have been crazy.

So, adding up a bit to what others have said and the help you have been offered for emproving the pack, I would like to add these references and comments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still trying to sort out some comparison shots.

Will post them soon.

Saludos.

Cheers Bro!

No probs mate!

I think most of these problems are how i kitted up that day, I added abit of padding behind my ab as i wanted to belt to look abit loose but it caused the torso to sit too high which pushed the chest up.

The pack was probably a little too high up too

I'll hopefully see Sir Dave Tues on my day off to take my final pics. He'll get everything sitting and looking correct.

In the meantime i'll trim the diagonals on my belt and take some off the sides

Forgot all about the side strap, that just clips on so not a problem to remove

The tool pouch is in the correct place, the pouch strap behind it was pushing the pouch to right. i need to get the strap sitting directly behind the tool pouch.

The hole is in the mortar, think i posted the pic on facebook, i'll drill it slighty bigger, I think its in the wrong place

Stinger Bracket silver? I dont have a bracket holding it on its screwed to the frame on the inside of the stinger tub, do i need a silver bracket?

I honestly thought the hand plates went on that way haha silly mistake, I do have a spare pair of gloves and hope i can remove the rubber glue and swap them over

syphon strips, i'll need pics for this part, never noticed them before but shouldn't be a problem when i know how :)

chest weathering will be changed to the correct shape, your profile pic shows a good example ;)

when the pack parts arrive I'll swap the radio, bottle, exhaust port over, not really a big job

Cheers for the advice, this will be looking great in a few days

saludos

Yep, sorry if didnt explained much. I posted from my phone. Now on my computer! :)

So, the handplates on the move along trooper are on the wrong hands. And actually, this was noticed just a couple of months ago. So many SWAT deployed troopers based on this trooper, did not have it like that. That was not evaluated cause we didnt know.

But, this being a live program, keeps updating with each new trooper....

Good thing for many, bad thing for a few ;)

So, here is a reference so you can see it on ANH.

post-1761-0-11536500-1343944884_thumb.jp

Also, about the weathering pattern on the chestplate, yep, I tried to replicate that on my own chestplate, but it is still a fan made suit. I would advice you to follow the real ANH chestplate for better results. Here you have a reference:

post-1761-0-37994900-1343945102_thumb.jp

There are some things that I know you have done to your armor, like the hole on the mortar tube, but I need you to post them here for a better more fair evaluation.

Ill keep posting and reviewing your progress... if you have any question or doubt, let me know. I will be a bit more available this next days! Work is now in a bit slower week.

:)

Saludos

Many Thanks Juan

The reference pics are awesome, i'll try to copy the weathering to my hand gaurds too which i've painfully removed, That Mr Stickys rubber glue is strong stuff.

I still need some pics of the syphon strip details and the stinger bracket. I've probably still got my old bracket which i had on before the pack rebuild, do i need them on both sides or just the left?

I've got a couple of days off before Tues ;) might as well start on these few mods whilst i wait for the parcel from Dirty Boy :)

I'll also chop the mortar tube down abit, I noticed it is shorter on the reference pic.

hey dave,all easy fixes at least!

you do have the hand plates on the right way round for other troopers,just not yours,he has them the wrong way round :teehee:

good luck with the final bits bro! :thumbsup:

Cheers bro

I like the word FINAL :)

Hoping to get a few bits done tonight, worked 4am til 2pm so hopefully building will keep me awake lol

Trying to get motivated after starting my TK rebuild yesterday.

Good thing is i have everything i need to finish these last few projects

Here you go bro.

This is the syphon mod:

post-1761-0-37679900-1344008419_thumb.jp

And this is the bracket:

post-1761-0-83104200-1344008477_thumb.jp

Check just bellow the lower seedtray and besides the lower canister, you can see the metallic stip with the 2 screws, just like an L bracket.

We asume they used them on both sides.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

Nice one bro!

a couple of easy mods for tonight if i can find my aluminium sheets.

cheers for the reference pics.

i'm glad you didnt comment a few weeks the list of jobs would have been much bigger but thankfully most of the major mods were pointed out and have been done :)

Pics added to facebook for now brothers

Syphon strips done,

mortar size reduced & hole drilled bigger.

Hand guards removed from gloves & ready to be weathered again

Finger death glued lol

Brackets cut & holes drilled ready for stinger when I dismantle most of the pack

almost there,almost there!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah bro! it's looking better already. I'll get probably the weathering done tomorrow & trim the belt then post all the pics up

My parcels still in New York so plenty of time to get the other mods done before it lands

Hand guards done

Belt trimmed down on top and bottom & corners cut

Started the chest Weathering, just need Sir Dave to tone it down abit when I kit up for Final pics

Just the pack now brothers when the new parts arrive

WIP pics to follow soon

Pics of

nice mods bro,looks really good!!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers bro

Everything went ok,

the chest weathering was better but did it all again & didn't turn as good lol

Just need to break the weathering shape up once I get a soft cloth with abit of t cut on it.

It should lighten it up but then again the weathering always looks different WHEN we have sunlight

we gotta meet up bro!!!!!! ...i keep on telling you -many times - trust me-.i'll help you to get this sorted !- if you need me to bro !!!!!! :yes: .....oh, and my biker scout has been cleared/approved for 501st duty too ! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :peace:

Cheers bro!

I studied Juans reference pics for quite some time & don't think the new mods could have gone any better.

I'll see ya next Monday bro & you can take the pics, fieldkit should be done by then too & you can add any final touches

As Juan said this project is not for the faint hearted. Maybe I should have quit by now but I'm enjoying the challenge & putting what you taught me into practise ;)

Cheers bro!

I studied Juans reference pics for quite some time & don't think the new mods could have gone any better.

I'll see ya next Monday bro & you can take the pics, fieldkit should be done by then too & you can add any final touches

As Juan said this project is not for the faint hearted. Maybe I should have quit by now but I'm enjoying the challenge & putting what you taught me into practise ;)

thats the spirit mate!! :thumbsup: