Who ordered the helmet comparison? Dial-Up fuggedaboudit!

butcherbird

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand in Pauls defense. I dont blame Paul abit for feeling the way he does towards Gino. its not nice to accuse people of things when its obvious that his work is not a recast in any way, shape or form. Plus he is a great help to us all here, he never brags about things and always offers advice. I cant say the same for someone else we know.

I do however find it interesting that Paul posted this info on behalf of Matt.With all Matt's supposed knowledge, I'm actually surprised that he couldn't tell that Paul recast one of his helmets and tried to pass it off as a sculpt starting from a sole lump of clay. Maybe he's slipping.

Is this necessary? Can you honestly prove that Paul recast a TE/Gino faceplate?

edit- first paragraph taken up in private.

Considering that Matt rabidly pursued anyone who copied even part of his helmet, his saying "it started from nothing" should carry a little weight considering whose mouth it came out of, even if its just another opinion. I have asked that this be pursued logically. It has not been. The line between discussion and discourse has been crossed into mudslinging and disrespect.

I'm actually surprised that he couldn't tell that Paul recast one of his helmets and tried to pass it off as a sculpt starting from a sole lump of clay

Wow... and once again, a banned member is allowed to post here via proxy. Why is this being allowed? If you are going to allow Matt to speak, then as I said before, lift his ban and let him come back. This enemy of my enemy is my friend crap is pretty pathetic...

And don't think I am siding with Gino on this. I have told him numerous time I think it was a mistake to call Paul out publicly without proof, regardless of what he and numerous others believe to be true in regard to the origin of Paul's faceplate.

I guess I just don't see two wrongs making a right...

I don't see Paul's single post of a relevant email supporting his innocence as sock-puppeting for Matt or posting by proxy. If anyone thinks I'm wrong on that judgment please let me know, no one here is above reproach. It might have been more prudent to cut out the parts bashing Gino, but that is an issue best addressed privately. We're not going to have another my word vs. yours go around. They're pointless and only breed negativity.

Seth,

There aren't enough pics posted to show what is necessary to "prove" to some people's standards. I asked multiple times for ANYONE to post pics and nada. Wonder why.

I truly believe the faceplate is AT LEAST taken (and modified) from an original sourced faceplate. I do not believe that it was sculpted completely from scratch.

Maybe with better pics, I'd change my mind. I'm not apologizing for what I believe to be recast. I've been down that road before many times and I've NEVER been wrong about it. If I am wrong this time, it would be the first.

And if that is the case, I would apologize and compliment on my own accord.

I've based my opinion on what I've seen posted. It will remain that way until I see something that shows different.

It also sucks to see people giving free passes to people just because they've acquired or hope to acquire their goods. I think that's a lot of what's going on here as well.

Another thing.

I know for a fact that a lot of other "trooper experts" share my sentiments but won't step forward because they know that a huge majority here would come down on them, the same way they are coming down on me.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong on that judgment please let me know, no one here is above reproach.

Seth, this is your playground, and I respect your judgement. I just hate to see Matt infect this board once again with his childish and hated-filled venom.

Its not my playground, I just have to take care of it. I have made mistakes in judgment before and I don't want to make any more if I can help it. I think the email post up was "fair use" but it was sufficient, so we won't require any more.

.....and Gino took his ball and went home.......

I say so what if the faceplate is inspired by recasting a recast of a recast. SO WHAT. NOW WHAT???? WHO CARES??? Gino does.... I hear crickets from everywhere else.

The RT-MOD faceplate is a TE recast and everyone loves it. Its a great all around trooping helmet. Not as accurate as a Gino, but about 1/4 the price too.

Pauls helmet is probably really all his own work. I believe it is and have no doubt that it is. BUT if its not all his work - so what. Its another great helmet. Hey paul why dont you post some detailed pics of your great helmet, **** I might wanna buy it!!

I am reluctantly locking this topic. Nothing seems more counter-intuitive on a message board than ending a discussion. However, this one is turning into a grudge match. Everyone please remember civility when speaking to one another, here or anywhere. As has been mentioned before this is not a forbidden conversation, but having it with opinions instead of facts is pointless. When the time comes that it can be had logically and with actual information; have at it.