Attaching Pouches

I have mine attached to the pack frame, draped over the shoulder and a velcro patch to hold it to the chestplate, you'll need to use contact cement for leather to get the velcro to stick to the pouch. On the chestplate, as long as the spot is clean the sticky velcro should hold.

I cheated...My pouch is attached directly to my breast plate with a snap. Hot glued on half to the breastplate the other is attached to a piece of leather on the pouch. Then a dap of hot glue in between. If I need to remove it I can, just have to add some heat to the situation, but otherwise it stays pretty well. I was just useing the snap without the hot glue but found that it still comes undone. I need to reattach the onese on the belt the same way because they still try to fall off.

cj

I attach mine to the backpack frame, and to avoid excessive dangle or wobble - I run the strap under the shoulder strap of the breastplate and out the front. I have a backpack clip on one end and the mate for it on the back of the pouch - seems to work pretty well..

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a photo reference of theirs? My strap broke the other day and I'm having one heckuva' time trying to get it to "look right" yet, keep it from hitting my helmet everytime I turn my head to the left.....

• 6 months later...

here is what mike suggested some time ago on his website...

Posted Image

sorry mike, i tried to find the image on your site, but could´nt find it anymore...

This is the wrong pouch for the shoulder isnt it? I thought the pouch without the small pouch went on your hip not your shoulder. The one for the shoulder has the d ring on the opposite side which means this set up wont work.. hmm. How is everyone else doing theirs?

here is what mike suggested some time ago on his website...

Posted Image

sorry mike, i tried to find the image on your site, but could´nt find it anymore...

same way i set up mine works perfect!... but now that i have a pack i may have to change how i attach it:???:

Posted Image

• 1 year later...

I use the Canvas norwegian pouch on my shoulder like TD-1536's famous pic. It has leather loops on the back which I used a separate D-Ring (not to be confused with closed one on the left strap of the pouch) to attach to my harness sytem underneath the plate. It is free of the backpack and offers more mobility but I was only able to do this based on the way I assembled my armor.

The only downside of having it on the pack is if you ever take your pack off for a break, and I found when I tried it there it dangled a bit more. One of my garrison-mates just has a small loop of strap around his upper left chest bridge, then uses a square of velcro to the chest to keep it from wobbling.

Mine is rigged more like a shoulder holster but I like Mike's solution best.