New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

My name's Kevin Christley from the Mountain Garrison and I'm an old MEPD member (thanks to Joe Musso) from the Yahoo & old forum days (I got lost in the upgrade), but I've always dropped by as a lurker to see what's been going on.

I'm still working towards an accurate Sandie and have been upgrading parts for years - like most, I started with an FX suit, upgraded to SDS, now looking at AP. Only thing I need now is a hyper-accurate pack (I'm not satisfied with merely faking it).

I'm 39, have a great supportive g/f, and I'm always willing to help out a fellow trooper. I'm also the TX Detachment Lead, as well as the Editor in Chief for the 501st Legion's Static Burst newsletter (let's get some MEPD stuff in there!).

My name's Kevin Christley from the Mountain Garrison and I'm an old MEPD member (thanks to Joe Musso) from the Yahoo & old forum days (I got lost in the upgrade), but I've always dropped by as a lurker to see what's been going on.

I'm still working towards an accurate Sandie and have been upgrading parts for years - like most, I started with an FX suit, upgraded to SDS, now looking at AP. Only thing I need now is a hyper-accurate pack (I'm not satisfied with merely faking it).

I'm 39, have a great supportive g/f, and I'm always willing to help out a fellow trooper. I'm also the TX Detachment Lead, as well as the Editor in Chief for the 501st Legion's Static Burst newsletter (let's get some MEPD stuff in there!).

What's up Kev!! Glad to talk to you on the dirty side now.

Hi Everyone,

I'm from singapore outpost. Recently, I have just acquire my armour and doing up my backpack...

I start off with Tie fighter pilot...but my wished always want to be a sandtrooper...so I all out to get the best costume that I can afford...

And also seeking advice from TD-3311 on the how and about getting started...

Hope to learn from u all...

Welcome, erase! We'll be running a spotlight on your Outpost in the next Static Burst. You guys have been growing like gangbusters over there!

Hi TD1422, Thanks. We have couple of member ready to join 501st but due to age limitation so we can't grow in terms of size. But in overall experience in Singapore you can really see the troopers are growing...in speculation and optimistic we should have have a garrsion size hopefully by end of the year if not beginning of 2007.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bonjour,

i'm fab tk3376 from the french garrison.

i'm in the french army and i'm working in east africa, djibouti for the next 2 or 3 years. great opportunity to become a sandtrooper in a "real conditions" here lol !

my stormtrooper armor is a little damaged, so it's time for to be sand, no ? but i need your help, and this board is great for.

501st is a grand family and i'll glad to be a member of MEPD.

hello all! i'm just getting myself ramped up for going dirty!

i've got an AP suit now, so the ab plate is as simple as ripping off the detail parts that were glued on (which i didn't glue all that securely!)

i can build up the knee plate easily enough.

i figure i'll get the backpack, pouches and pauldron together, then once i have everything get to it.

i'm still not sure about a BFG. i'm definitely going to keep my E-11 around, but i've gotta do one of the big ones

anyway, just figured i'd say hi, and let you know that anothe clean one is going to the desert!