New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hey all,

I'm working on my first set of armor that I should be picking up this weekend from AM in H-Town and I just ordered my pack kit. This place is a wealth of info for TDs. Much easier than searching through FISD or Youtube for info. That was like looking for droids in the desert or something.

Like Chris above me I'm a TX LEO. Sandtrooper is what I've always wanted to be, so it was a no brainer to get the TD armor right off the bat for me. I'm currently working on my helmet and hope to have all my stuff together shortly.

Bucket I'm working on...

post-4473-0-66139800-1309493334_thumb.jp

Hiya Philip! sounds like you are all set to start building soon! A lot of fun and you can find all the help you need right here with all these awesome dirty guys and girls :lol:

Have fun and post some pics! we love pics haha

Hello everyone my name is johanna I am from NJ and I am looking to getting and building a Sandtrooper costume (YAY!!). I have always wanted to join the 501st and im excited and looking forward to going out trooping. Hopefully with some good advice, a place to start and lots of hard work, I can accomplish my goal. Thank you all in advance for advice and a wonderful 4th of July weekend to all.

Lol!!! That's right Spoox! BRO it is. Shoot we're all cloned anyhow! LOL hahaha aha

We use the KIS* method, keep it simple stu***. Lol. Ooohaaaa

Im used to it. Im a LEO used to being called everything in the book. lol

thank you for the welcoming words spoox and trooper1.

Trooper1: I see you make pauldrons, I would be very interested on getting a black pauldron. This will be my very first armor purchase and im excited... saw the pics of the ones you've made, they look great. So how can i get a hold of one? and how much?

Jo

Im used to it. Im a LEO used to being called everything in the book. lol

thank you for the welcoming words spoox and trooper1.

Trooper1: I see you make pauldrons, I would be very interested on getting a black pauldron. This will be my very first armor purchase and im excited... saw the pics of the ones you've made, they look great. So how can i get a hold of one? and how much?

Jo

Send me a PM, I a am getting ready to start another five, and can put you in the mix.

Just advise. :)

Hi all! I'm Robert, livin down here in Florida, and I'm quite new in the trooping culture. Always been fascinated with Star Wars, ever since I was a little kid [which wasn't too long ago - I'm a college student]. I remember seeing the sandtroopers on screen and thinking that I wanted to be one, and now here I am! I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the 501st after I get my armor going and finished. After some work and time, hopefully I eventually get the privilege of being deployed as an MEPD Officer. I plan to go into law enforcement after college, so that would be extremely cool to be a double officer. :lol::D

Thanks!

Hi all! I'm Robert, livin down here in Florida, and I'm quite new in the trooping culture. Always been fascinated with Star Wars, ever since I was a little kid [which wasn't too long ago - I'm a college student]. I remember seeing the sandtroopers on screen and thinking that I wanted to be one, and now here I am! I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the 501st after I get my armor going and finished. After some work and time, hopefully I eventually get the privilege of being deployed as an MEPD Officer. I plan to go into law enforcement after college, so that would be extremely cool to be a double officer. :lol::D

Thanks!

welcome bro! :) all the help and advice is here on the boards,and loads of great guys ready to offer tips,help and support in getting your sandie looking killer! :)

welcome to the family buddy! :)

Hey guys,

Jason here. I registered on the site nearly two years ago when I began to buy and build pieces to suit up as a TD. Had several huge changes in work and relocation and here I am two years later finally making progress with my Sandy. I'll be around the forums reading all of the tips and knowledge you guys share and when I have something worthwhile to say, I'll share it.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

Posted ImageHey guys and girls

I'm Paul from Cardiff in South Wales in the UK

I've recently joined the UK Garrison and MEPD, just waiting for my GML to clear me, and the wait is killing me lol, ever since my Grandmother took me to see ANH when i was 6 i've been hooked, and now not only is it going to be awesome being able to live a childhood dream, but its going to be equally as awesome putting a smile on peoples faces when trooping.

Swat deployment is definately something i would love to achieve in the future also :D

Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Paul

Hi all from San Jose, California (about an hour south of San Francisco),

I'm Ryan, a total newbie to real Star Wars costuming and am in the 'lurking' stage trying to narrow down what costume I want to shoot for first. I was thinking about Vader or Boba at first and started to see the level of effort and cost for a first timer, probably not optimal. So now I'm really looking at TK and TD and loving learning.

Hey guys. I'm not actually new to the boards, I've been around for quit some time. My old F/X TD is so old, I'm actually "grampa'd" in. Well it's time to scrap that POS and start over with a new and better TD.

My name is Glen Borst

Highland, CA

TD-602

Southern California Garrison

My new suit will be ATA.

See you guys around the boards.

Hey! My name is Daphne (I go by the username Funky Buns). I'm working on a sandtrooper costume. I mostly do Rebel costumes, and this will be my first full set of armor. Woooooo! I know I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here on the forum, and hopefully getting to know some of you.

Hey all, I'm new to these forums but a die hard star wars fan to the core since the late 70's! :D I'm somewhat of a collector and hobbyist, usually making 'soft' costumes for my own interests (A Tusken Raider was my last) but for some reason have never really gotten into any of the amazing communities out there as a whole. (though I have lurked the 501st site for years) I've been bouncing around the dented helmet a bit lately, been constructing some simple things, though nothing major at the moment. Then when looking about for places to find some accurate Stormtrooper armor I found here. :)

In anycase I liked what someone had to say about here on their blog, and I like the layout and look so I signed up and decided to say hi. Hopefully get to know some folks on the road to eventually tracking down an armor suit of my own :D Nice to meet you all in advance!

(While no one would get it here, my screen name was an inside joke at my old communication sqn 728 :P I just keep using it hehe)

Hello troopers! I'm taking the plunge and going dirty! I dumped my old FX kit and picked me up an AP kit. Already watching the threads for my Captain's pack from QM and Hyperfirm DLT-19 from Sci-Fire. Pouches are also covered. Hope I can make SWAT, but first I need to get deployed as an officer! MEPD has great references and I've already had a great experience and I've only just joined today. This place is awesome!!!