2. 2. Armor?

• FX
    • RT
    • TM
    • TE derived HIPS (ATA, TE2, etc.)
    • TE derived ABS (AP, MC, etc.)
    • AM
    • Other (LAWS, etc.)

Based on this excellent observation and poll by "Daetrin" over on the FISD, and by his suggestion to do one here, I thought I'd do just that.

Basically we don't believe the statement that "90% of the Legion wears FX" is true anymore... at all. And with detachments like the FISD and MEPD getting rid of FX buckets as a consideration for elite status — you can't get or keep the MEPD's elite "deployed" status with an FX anymore in case you didn't know — we think the number is going down and down.

I have to wonder the same thing Daetrin wonderes, and I quote...

What will the eBay sellers of recast FX armor say now? It's worn by 50% of the Legion? Not bad when you think about it but a far, far cry from the 90% we so often hear.

For those who are in the Legion you can view the same poll on the Legion boards here.

I won't be surprised if the MEPD has the lowest percentage of FX buckets... it would just make sense number wise.

So vote away! B)

It is an amazing observation...

I have only checked the FISD and mostly MEPD forums for a couple of years now. Almost never enter the main Legion forums, and just occasionally go into my own garrison one. So I am more than used to not seeing FX buckets. But I always though that if I went to a troop with everyone else in the legion, FX would be everywhere.

Now, we can see that this is not happening anymore. And I must agree with Paul, this was mainly because of the decision to leave FX buckets out of the MEPD and FISD "deployed" requirements.

Albin has said several times that the FX will always be a part of the Legion. I guess that is true, in our heart, but hopefully, not in our trooping armors.

Saludos

PD. Only a few votes, but it is no surprise that no one is using the FX bucket.

I am glad to see that the FX is being phased out of the 501st and a higher more accurate standard set. Even though it is a part of the history of the group, it will be nice not to see the "bobblehead" lid...

Posted Image

Wow... 27 votes so far and not one FX bucket yet.

I'm really not surprised.

Same here....again it just proves the MEPD is really a group that has similar ideas and want to be the best at what they do. :) great post Nol

Voted! It's this forum and FISD that helps a lot in making informed decisions on what armor and accessories are good. At the time I joined, members were still recommending FX as the most popular armor in the Legion. So much has changed in standards in the last couple of years which really contributed for more canon costumes now.

I went to a troop with Hasbro today: 1 vader, 3 TDs and 1 TK...

Great thing was, no FX buckets at all. This is way different from my first troop 4 years ago.

I do think the OT troopers detachments have been doing things the right way. Both FISD and MEPD have raised the bar in costuming and the whole Legion has followed.

Amazing work of all the involved... members all over the world make the difference!

I am very happy and proud to be part of the MEPD and user of the FISD!!

Way to go!

Saludos.

I went to a troop with Hasbro today: 1 vader, 3 TDs and 1 TK...

Great thing was, no FX buckets at all. This is way different from my first troop 4 years ago.

I do think the OT troopers detachments have been doing things the right way. Both FISD and MEPD have raised the bar in costuming and the whole Legion has followed.

Amazing work of all the involved... members all over the world make the difference!

I am very happy and proud to be part of the MEPD and user of the FISD!!

Way to go!

Saludos.

To quote all Juan:)

I voted, but mine is kind of more hybrid. LOL

I am very anal as many of you are, and so my armor is AP and TM. (I couldnt afford a complete TM or it would have been complete)

TM armor is the only armor I found with correct shins, forearms, and biceps, so no matter the cost and time frame I waited. It took a while but the brother from Europe came through. I have AP armor and helmet with TM shins, forearms and biceps. No doubled parts here. I even did the same with my TE2 armor, for my clean TK, no disrespect T, Since I was ordering one set of parts I just did two. I want so bad some day to have an ABS pull from T on a TE2 helmet... PLEASE..