2. 2. Armor?

• FX
    • RT
    • TM
    • TE derived HIPS (ATA, TE2, etc.)
    • TE derived ABS (AP, MC, etc.)
    • AM
    • Other (LAWS, etc.)

Here is how it's looking as of today. Even on the 501st boards, the FX is certainly no longer 90% of anything.

Posted Image

Interesting that there is more FX *armor* on MEPD than FISD, even though the % of FX helmets is smaller.

Here is how it's looking as of today. Even on the 501st boards, the FX is certainly no longer 90% of anything.

Posted Image

Interesting that there is more FX *armor* on MEPD than FISD, even though the % of FX helmets is smaller.

Interesting...

About the FX armor, I guess since the FISD is more (generally speaking) oriented towards white armor, it makes sence to have less FX armor than in the MEPD, that is more (generally speaking) oriented towards accessories, weapons, backpack and sand. :)

It is in a way easier to get deployed with FX armor than to get the EIB with it.

Does it make sense to you?

Saludos

Yes, and that makes sense. For FISD's deployed program you simply can't use FX out of the box. You need to split the butt, close the side gaps, replace the ab buttons, get a fabric belt, and mount the holster correctly. While this is really all of $50 and a few hours work, for some reason it's perceived as more substantial that converting an FX for MEPD, where the only FX specific items are cutting the ab plate and replacing the sniper plate.

MEPD hasn't made any directions about armor in the past two revisions of the Police Officer standards, about butt plates, side gaps, fabric belts, etc. and the old FX armor I had 5 years ago is just as valid now as it ever was.

Now, the packs and BFG's...oy!

MEPD hasn't made any directions about armor in the past two revisions of the Police Officer standards, about butt plates, side gaps, fabric belts, etc. and the old FX armor I had 5 years ago is just as valid now as it ever was.

We are getting there bro...

Our intention is to revise all the armor issues and take the next step in armor too.

My old FX armor is still up to grade for deployment Im sure, but I am not happy to wear it unless it is for heavy duty troops. It makes no sense to me wearing it if I know it is all wrong. :D

But thats me.

You know what looks like the most difficult part for me to have a TK amor... to keep it all shinny. Man, that must be a pain!! LOL... but im serious, it sounds too difficult for me. I rather stay Sandy ;)

Much respect for all my TK bros.

Saludos.

Understood. I suspect at some point MEPD/FISD/SpecOps will be more synchronized on the base armor. In some ways it's becoming less critical a bit of a moot point. With the retirement of FX and the advent of AM, pretty much every armor maker supports going FISD Expert Infantryman out of the box.

'Sides, while I may be DL of FISD, doesn't mean I don't know how to get dirty :)

Posted Image

My TD isn't finished as yet, but it is well on its way, so vote I did.

TE2 all the way for me.

SoCross is only a very new, very small Garrison, but out of the 13 TD/TK's we have, only two sports an FX bucket. We have 5 or 6 FX suits though.

• 1 month later...