Bucket Question

hhuggins

What are your opinions on using a hard hat liner versus foam? I was thinking of making some terry cloth covered foam padding for the inside of my bucket instead of using a hard hat liner. I figured it would be comfortable and look cooler than just the hh liner. Then I read somewhere on another forum that someone did that and complained about the helmet being much hotter. Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

HH

I think it depends on your egg. I tried using a hard hat liner with very little success and my helmet wobbles around and I can't see. My current bucket uses only foam padding and it's been perfect.

OTOH, the other guys I troop with seem to like their hard hat helmets and have had no issues.

Can't say about the heat - it doesn't get that hot where I live. Also it's not fully padding - just on the ears and the top of my head. The rest is wide open.

I'm going with a hardhat liner in my Authenticprops bucket as well. If I used any of the foam for the top of my head I was staring at the plastic between the eyes and the frown. I'm probably going to go with velcro attachment for the liner. (I figure I've got enough to spare since I've used glue for connecting the various arm/leg shell pieces.

I have the foam 'maple leaf' in my helmet and it's spot on for me.At first though the foam was too thick,and the helmet sat too high on my head.I quickly changed it and for thinner foam and now my eyes line up perfectly with the lense.

I have seen helmet padding advertised,and I have a sneaky suspicion that is is a cut up foam knee pad.They are quite cheap,and grey foam,but would look nice inside the helmet.Wether or not they would be as functional as a HH liner,or regular foam I don't know.I'll have to get a pair and see.