My Pack - WIP

Mr BoJangles

Since I cannot edit my radio thread, I thought I just make a new thread about my work in progress pack.

Frame - make from scratch. Originally is an aluminium external frame from an old backpack. Cut it and narrow it down to fit my trays. Then I pain it with a Plastic Dip spray paint hopefully it won't scratch my armor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cistern - make from scratch - combination of siphon, Rubbermaid container and Tupperware hamburger stacker. So pretty much merge the container to the siphon and I cut out the rings out of the hamburger stacker and glue it to the container.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is what I got so far. I do have the bells, toolbox, beestinger and the exhaustport. But they are not ready yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow! Great lookin' pack so far man. I had never even SEEN the PlastiDip spray paint. That's sweet. I don't mind the scuffs though on my armor... adds character. B)

Ditto what Dirty Boy said... keep the pics comin'!

Thank you troopers.

I had never even SEEN the PlastiDip spray paint

I got that paint at Lowe's.

Nice. I especially like the radio. Do you plan to make any of this functional?

Yeah, I plan to put a sound system in the pack. Have all the sound board and speaker ready and probably use those switches on the radio to control it. I'll do this once I got the pack together.

I did some progress today. Not much but got a few parts fasten to the main trays. Still working on a few molds for the tool box, bells and exhaust port.

Bee Stinger...faucet cover and some "thing" I found at Harbor Freight. Then I made a bracket out of aluminium strip to attach it to the lower tray.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mortar tube and dish. Tube is a 2.5" butyrate and dish is a Tupperware lid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shotgun shells - roller from a calculator tape.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Straps and cushion......for comfy.

Posted Image

Great looking pack so far! You did a great job with the syphon/stackers. What syphon did you use and where did you find it?

Keep those pictures coming!

Hi Zac,

The syphon is the one that I am selling in this thread.......Cistern For Sale

Posted Image

Then I use a Rubbermaid Serving Saver and hamburger stacker for the rings.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did a few more work yesterday. Make the exhaust port from scratch. Just use some aluminium tubing that I have then vaccumform it. Then finish it up with some rib hose and tubing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also got the tool box done. Box is from scratch. The lid is from a Tupperware container.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next is finishing up the bell.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

looks good, a little glossy but looks good. :duim:

I noticed that your very first photo of your frame, the top bar that runs across both sides is mounted backwards. This will dig in your back and will be pretty uncomfortable for long troops. Is there any way to mount it the other way? you would want that contour trust me, even with a straight bar, it was still painful for me to troop with.

Just a suggestion bro.