I modeled this... radio

zenix

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Charlie...any news on the status of these beauties!

Why yes, as a matter of fact :)

We had a good session on Friday night tweaking the size of the panels around the speaker grill so they line up just right. Then we modified the big knob so the middle layer actually angles down rather than just being a flat surface.

Next, we will hollow out the radio faceplate from the back to reduce the amount of material required to print the radio in 3D = reducing cost :)

Almost there...

Charlie

Why yes, as a matter of fact :)

We had a good session on Friday night tweaking the size of the panels around the speaker grill so they line up just right. Then we modified the big knob so the middle layer actually angles down rather than just being a flat surface.

Next, we will hollow out the radio faceplate from the back to reduce the amount of material required to print the radio in 3D = reducing cost :)

Almost there...

Charlie

ooooooh boy! this is exciting! lol

As much as I enjoyed building my pack from all found items, my "radio" is the one thing I've never been happy with. I'm interested in these, for sure.

Between this and the new cisterns from Singapore, we should all be able to make really accurate packs!

tried to post earlier but the site was down... parts are ordered. they'll be here in about 3 weeks. anyone have a new project they want me to work on? i promise it'll be quicker than this one =)