TD-4510

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Mike ,

You come cross very well on the moving picture.I know you have been doing these lids a long time but i think you have eased many a mind on how easy it is.

A very nice laid back commentary talking through each step putting folks mind at rest of the steps to follow.

I had a little laugh about the tool wall not wanting to give up its pliers. :D

Looking foward to the next uploads.

Thanks for this as i to date have not seen TE2 plastic ,looks nice and thick and easy to work.

So everybody can view the videos OK??

Yep, works great!

One thing you might think about doing too is signing up on Vimeo.

Then you've got free server space for the videos and everything... and they're good quality / i.e. not "YouTube".

But as you're doing it works great too!

Looking good Mike.

You are a master, what that razor blade.

Keep up the good work, and take care in the progress...

(hope you still have your 10 fingers, when you shall hand paint it :D )

Dude... these videos are primo!

Thank you so much for taking the time and learning how to upload them... I'm seriously learning so much by watching!

The only suggestion I might have is if you could get a big mirror and put behind you (where your tools hang) then we'd be able to see "both sides" of stuff sometimes when you're cutting or whatever. Of course this might not work very well... but it was a thought I had as soon as you said, "As we go along if you have any suggestions for me on what would make it easier for you to see then I'm certainly game." So... there ya go.

I have to say too that I can tell you've done these before as you just rip and snap on it like a pro. I'm sure I will be seeped in hours of sweaty concentration while cutting one eye out. haha Though my full 1 semester course in XACTO cutting at the Kansas City Art Institute back in 1991 still comes in handy to this day.

It's good too to see that the HIPS is actually pretty sturdy to work with. I know you said it can "tear" and "crack" easier, but you're certainly not handling it with kid gloves on and it's holding up great!

P.S. Glad you're getting some laundry done while you're working too. ;)

HAHA!! Thanks man. Yeah, the dryer is a mysterious object that somehow made its way into MY room :(

I was thinking about mounting the camera over head too. I will experiment next weekend :)

Thanks for the input :)

Anyway! I wanted to start the Move Along build with some reference pics. All of these are from Jez\' website, http://www.starwarshelmets.com. Hopefully he will not mind me putting them here for us to refer to as I take a turn with this great helmet from ANH.

No I don't mind at all Mike - threads like this are exactly what StarWarsHelmets.com reference photos are for. I think the step-by-step video tutorial you're doing is excellent

Well done!

Cheers

Jez

Updated 020909

Cutting the faceplate

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

Part_04

Part_05

Cutting the Bumpy Cap n' Back

Part_01