TD-4510

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again for these man.

I know you're going to, but I hope you post more of the painting process and finishing up!

I've got my TE2 now... so I will start a thread when I start my build.

No video though... sorry. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Updated 030909

Cutting the faceplate

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

Part_04

Part_05

Cutting the Bumpy Cap n' Back

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

Part_04

Cutting the Ears

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

Part_04

Mounting the Faceplate to the Bumpy Cap n' Back

Part_01

Mounting the Ears

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

Assembly Wrap Up

Part_01

Spray Painting

Part_01

Part_02

Part_03

• 3 months later...

Question: I've been watching Spray Painting Part_01 again and again and again... stressing about starting the painting process because of the temp outside. The thing is... where I live (87047)... it's about 72º right now with 30% humidity. It's hotter, of course, in my shed, but I'm just wondering where the breaking point with the paint is.

Right now I'm planning on cleaning the bucket this afternoon, then painting it tonight when it cools off a bit. Should I just bite it and wait till fall? Or you think I'm good to go.

Plus... it is for a TD... so it don't gots to be perfect or nothin'... yo.

You should be OK for now. If the humidity and heat get much higher it will be more of a pain. If its TD I wouldnt sweat it at the temp. you are at now.

Excellent. I actually waited till about an hour ago and started painting it out in my shed. It worked GREAT! Thanks for the advice... and again for the great vids.

Now then... is it okay to leave the bucket in the shed for the week? It does get pretty toasty in there during the day with no window open and so on. But since it's going to have basically 10 hours before it starts getting hot... will it be good? Or should I bring it inside in the morning?

Inquiring minds don't cha know... B)

I would be worried about dust or morning dew. You need to find a dry dust free area to store it in. If the shed is clean and dust free and does not get moist then it should be fine.

I would be worried about dust or morning dew. You need to find a dry dust free area to store it in. If the shed is clean and dust free and does not get moist then it should be fine.

Yeah, there is no humidity / dew out here... so the shed stays nice and dry and dust free. Perfect environs.

It's going so good.

Looked at it this morning and couldn't believe it. My MRCE mod I used Krylon paint because I mucked up severely on the Rust-O-leum (waiting hours between coats and such). Doing it like the instructions say makes it SOOO much easier!!

Pictures soon!

(I'll post them on my thread)

• 3 months later...

Hi Mike, how are you doing bro.

I will soon start assembling my new bucket soon and wanted to checkout your videos, but it appear that the links are broken or something.

Is there any chance you can make them available again?

Thx for any help.

:)

Saludos.

Looks like they have been corrupted. I will reload them.

I've got them all and would be happy to upload them to my Vimeo account as well if you'd like to have them on 2 places.

Here's the link on Vimeo for the videos.

I'm still uploading them all now, but the first 4 are on there as I'm posting this.

I hit my max for a day... 11 are on there now, will finish after midnight / tomorrow...

18 are on there now...

Okay!

All 21 vids are on Vimeo now!

Glad to do it! B)

• 7 months later...

G'day,

I have been watching your vids on the construction of the stormtrooper helmet on VIMEO, they are excellent by the way.

Was wondering if you are going to post further ones on how to finish it?

Hopefully you will as so far your vids are the best that i can find.

cheers mate