Movie Accurate Radio for the Pack....

TK8034

I think you may be right.. the leather may have been removed. Anyone with HD that can take a look? :)

I have another question for all....what do you think.... as we are going to change the radio and have the sticker to make it look real...what about an MP3 file of the odd bit of radio chatter and squelches etc? just very low volume on a loop ..say a 20 min loop playing in the pack?

You could mount a speaker behind where the original speaker would be.

I downloaded loads of police chatter and radio/ walkie talkie sound effects last night, enough to make a 20 min MP3 track.

It has all been distorted so you cant make out exactly whats being said, just right to have at low volume as we walk around?

What do you think? :)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be very cool for those who troop! I am sure the kiddies would love it!

I think you may be right.. the leather may have been removed. Anyone with HD that can take a look? :)

I have another question for all....what do you think.... as we are going to change the radio and have the sticker to make it look real...what about an MP3 file of the odd bit of radio chatter and squelches etc? just very low volume on a loop ..say a 20 min loop playing in the pack?

You could mount a speaker behind where the original speaker would be.

I downloaded loads of police chatter and radio/ walkie talkie sound effects last night, enough to make a 20 min MP3 track.

It has all been distorted so you cant make out exactly whats being said, just right to have at low volume as we walk around?

What do you think? :)

There's a file floating around in a thread here. Random radio chatter, beeps, and things like that. I play it with a shuffle through an RS amp mounted in my radio.

Ahhh I thought I couldnt have been the first to think of it! Hehehe

I'll still do one and maybe we could have pool of tracks so people can pick form a few.

Post it here http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4653

:)

How do we can post sound file here? I had something too,with several trooper chatter and several edited R2 sounds,maybe you can do something with it :D

Hi buddy

I think you would have to host it somewhere and post a link.

I have a website, if you email them to me I can host and PM you the links.

nath :)

my email is boba.fett@talktalk.net

Okay Nath I'll send it when I got home :lol: thanks,hey can we host that kind file on photobucket? Tried to search on how to,can't find it

When I got it I'll post it on that thread :lol:

Erik :)

Okay Nath I'll send it when I got home :lol: thanks,hey can we host that kind file on photobucket? Tried to search on how to,can't find it

When I got it I'll post it on that thread :lol:

Erik :)

I just had a look at photobucket and I think its pics and videos only buddy.

Send them over to me and I'll pop them on my server and you can link them from there.

:)

I saw there are several methods to do this. In an early post, it looks like engraving was happening and two layers of plexiglass were apparently layered... super-nice.

Then Mike did a draw up of the screen based on TK-J's find... super nice.

Then I saw some dark plates being considered as the two dark quarters... great idea.

So, I took MH's and scaled it up about 118%. Then I added the two dark quarters in Illustrator, made them 80% transparent, and set to Multiply. I then brought the white lines and letters forward, and left the grey-green dial and the light grey-green numerals behind the darkening multiply layers.

This is a vector PDF, just like Mike had made it. If you have CS2 Illustrator, anyone can play with the file. I just took a stab at it and modified it to be a different option...

Dial PDF

post-1912-1232511389_thumb.jpg

A description of what I did, just as a test, was print on plain paper, and slip into my MH radio (Version One) and I may cut some clear .080 acrylic, and make a protective "window" - or I may go to Wolf Camera, and print a photo, which will be a bit more vibrant, then add the clear layer... then some Fuller's Earth!

Lewis, or whoever did the graphics for JB, you could download the file, delete the white dots and lines, and print the rest on film paper or duratrans, then etch, or white silkscreen the crossing white lines. Could look very cool. The duratrans can be backlit very well too.

May save a layer or two.

There are more than one way to approach this. And this is a very cool find... and MH, and TK-J, and JB and Lewis, are making some cool stuff!!!

Troop On!

John

There are many ways to do this. I may try a back-lit duratrans... but for now, mine looks pretty much like Mike's.

Here's the final file. If you have one of my (or Charlie's) radios this will fit perfectly in the round slot. Download and print it out.

Click here to download the PDF

I just want to say that all the detective work and creative work recreating the dial graphics (and I hope soon the actual radio boxes) is just amazing and just proves to me that this is a truly great group of people. All of you are an inspiration.

Fantastic work, everyone!

I have done a test pull from my vacform master I have made from the pics of the radio and I am VERY pleased with the result. I am going to fiddle with it tomorrow then I'll post up my attemp :huh: at it.

Ok here we go, I havent done any buttons/dials yet.

I have done a clear screen and used WhiteCommandos' display sticker behind it.

I noticed on the write up on the 'radio Museum' site said that it was 8 inches.... I have taken that as being height also by looking at in on the guys arm in the avengers pics.

If the width was 8 it would make the hieght around 10 inches.

If I am wrong I will start all over again...but it was fun anyway! hehehe

It's a shame that vacforming cant bring out the crispness of the speakers details.

Rotocast will!

first attempt......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kudos to all!

It's so cool that this prop was finally found,

The folks over at the different "radio" forums think were nut's... :huh:

But I bet the first person that puts one of these

real vintage Sonix's on thebay is going to make a small fortune!

I know I've added it to my personal searches.

Any updates, for this accurate radio/back pack.

If not, are there any out there...

there can print out, the dial.

As a small run (if so, maybe make a new topic about it).

Cheers :)

You can take the PDF of that dial to a local store (here in the States places like CVS, Target) and get them printed on photographic paper and they'll look really nice.

For the record, I have most of the components to build up a prototype radio for duplication, it will take some time but it is a goal of mine.

You can take the PDF of that dial to a local store (here in the States places like CVS, Target) and get them printed on photographic paper and they'll look really nice.

For the record, I have most of the components to build up a prototype radio for duplication, it will take some time but it is a goal of mine.

Cool, thanks Mike :) .

Shall i use this one:

Posted Image

Or this one here:

It looks like its #2 we see in ANH.

But it´s way too small.

Maybe someone, have it in a bigger size)

Posted Image

The MH/SB dial space is about 5,5 cm wide, and 17 cm around.

So i guess i go for the big one, and make it in the right size.

Make it on hard paper, and add some plastic layer over it.

One more question, it looks like its only the Sergeant there have the dial on he´s back pack.

The Captain pack radio, look all black.

What do you think, only the Sergeant.

Or both.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(if you, or sci-fire have your radios up for sale soon.

I rather wait, to buy yours.

But if there goes too long, i will try to add the dial my self on the MH/SB)

Cheers :) .