Movie Accurate Radio for the Pack....

TK8034

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now looking at these new pictures...are we gonna get total different radio plates ?! As there alot of little differents with the one we know and got now !!

Again great work,

Grtz RAY

Yea Ray..............LOT of HOMEWORK :lol:

My post says so at the top

OH I SEE :peace:Posted Image

Yerrh, I agree it does look like its a white or silver design on green background

and the more I look at it that does look like 447

Posted Image

I was thinking that the logo could be an oval globe with a name throgh the center

a bit like a squashed version of the Pan Am logo

Posted ImagePosted Image

I was thinking that the logo could be an oval globe with a name throgh the center

still searching :( but it could be not the manufacturer of the radio but a code,like GX-447,Pan-Am 447,or like 1009's picture model447 etc.

maybe someone can look at the credit titles of the movie,something linked(crew,special thanks etc) must be there :mellow: it has to be.....

still searching :( but it could be not the manufacturer of the radio but a code,like GX-447,Pan-Am 447,or like 1009's picture model447 etc.

maybe someone can look at the credit titles of the movie,something linked(crew,special thanks etc) must be there :mellow: it has to be.....

No... I looked... Generally they don't have anything down for props (even things like cars) else the closing titles would be longer than the film...

No... I looked... Generally they don't have anything down for props (even things like cars) else the closing titles would be longer than the film...

:( darn...

But someone identified all the cars though CLICK HERE :)

This could be an interesting fact

The cheap electronics revolution of the 1970s saw a boom in Citizen Band and ham radios, where ordinary people were able to afford their own personal radio transmitters and talk to each other very much like internet chat rooms today, sometimes internationally.

Rolf, my pick was just a screen dump off youtube so don't look at the size there... The pics from shagger999uk on the RPF would be a screen cap from the DVD so more accurate...

Thanks, for the quick reply bro :) .

I had no idea this was such a big issue, or I would have mentioned it earlier :rolleyes:

Anyway, I found a prop list fom the original Avengers from the late '60s, but nothing on the New Avengers. Maybe someone in the UKG could contact the BBC prop dept. and ask if it would be listed in their archives.

Found this as well.

Hey TK-J our hero!! :)

yea,worth to check those,maybe they had a better memory than :mellow: ................................................................................

. :D peace man

www.radiomuseum.org

Is there anyone a member of this^ forum? :mellow:

OMG! :blink: but you're okay right?

Thats the disadvantages we cant take as a non-member bro,a clearer or greater pics of the radios from that site/forum :angry: if not....we can see what sticker on those radios for comparisson. And even theres many unknown radios circa 70's.....but yet many of some is very similar on specs.......hard call

This radio if it isnt custom,not well published,its TOP-SECRET :sith:

Anyway heres the Cast and Crew,The New Avengers might be useful too for someone who has a 'Link' :rolleyes:

Oh...and dont search for radios circa 45-65...........they're all Wood and Bakelite in material :closedeyes:

Posted Image

B) Looks like you dont need glasses anymore Bill,good eye!

the writing on the bottom right of the picture is SCHEIDA aka Wolfgang Scheida a member on radiomuseum.com

on the page,theres a source info of the radio from Sammler...a member on the forum..

OMG! Looks like I'll need to create a sticky for future generations.

Mike...post the picture on the sticky too,probably add some details gathered from time to time also.....just in case,if the link broken :) we never know

Manufacturer: Unknown - CUSTOM BUILT

Principle

Super-Heterodyne (Super in general)

Wave bands

Broadcast (BC) and FM.

Power type and voltage

Line AND Batteries (any type) / 220; 4 x 1,5 Volt

Loudspeaker/pwr.out

Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)

www.radiomuseum.org

Model: Sonix Victory 75

Material

Modern plastics (no Bakelite or Catalin)

Shape

Portable, e.g. Portable Radio (with or without mains > 8 inch).

Transistors

There are transistors, but the number is unknown:

Notes

Sonix Victory 75; covers additional VHF- Air, WB & PB band from 108 - 145 MHz.

@ Dutchy..........wheres Frans? :D:peace: