TK8034

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! that was fast! :blink:

Mike..look at the data's note,i think the small letters on the bottom says "PB WB | AIR"

Bring the gap between the words on the middle left closer.........it also(probably) says "AIR wb PB" those are bands

Yeah. already working on the drawings right now. Trying to find somethingn to get a proper scale from.

So who is the blame for this expensive Christmas?! LOL. TK-J?

Expensive??????

Christmas??????

Who me?????? :lol::lol:

I thought I might finally get some kip after finding it. Noooooo.

Glad to finally put something back into this hobby, and not just make up the numbers.

As for scale, we should be able to use the cistern or tupperware lid as a frame of reference, providing we can get good screen grabs giving plenty of definition.

Those dimensions look pretty spot on.

It's funny y'know. I was using that pic as a guide whilst building my V3 pack, in the loungeroom, about 6 weeks ago when "Obsession" was aired. If I hadn't been working on that pack there's no way I would have recognised the radio.

Just about got the dial done, but need to find the correct font. This is just a sample gif file, but I have the original as Vector art I'll continue to refine.

Posted Image

Mike

I think the font they used was of the 'Eurostile' family of fonts, possibly 'Extended #2'

see what you think :)

Posted Image

Not too sure what they used for the dial numbers but I'll take a look at some of the

font sites to see if I can come up with anything :)

AWESOME. I have Eurostile.

It seems to work for the lettering on the dial and the main lettering on the radio, but I had to squeeze it down a little. The numbers are a different font, however, still looking...

Posted Image

Helvetica Compressed is what was in the pic you found and posted. Be sure to not use condensed – it is just horizontally reduced. Looks like you used Futura or Futura Condensed.

Good work up!

Nice find too.

John

Just about got the dial done, but need to find the correct font. This is just a sample gif file, but I have the original as Vector art I'll continue to refine.

Posted Image

This is really awesome guys !! TK J..again outstanding work m8 !!

Indeed you can now clearly see they use a dial ( thanks to this close up you can see the numbers indeed, hope ya don't mind have using this photo bro :) ? ) and it looks like they paint the left / right side black !?!

Posted Image

Damnnn..now i have to find another part soon for my backpack :D !

My big repect to ya all for the outstanding research !! You guys make me learn something more about Sandtroopers B) !!

Grtz RAY

Posted Image

:o WOW!!! :o

How good does that look B)

I'm laughing at myself, because we're all getting so excited over this, its just like we're

little kids and I don't care, because its so flipping BRILLIANT :D

I couldn't wait to see how this looked on my existing pack. Just a test really.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is killer!

Here's the final file. If you have one of my (or Charlie's) radios this will fit perfectly in the round slot. Download and print it out.

Click here to download the PDF

I'll be sure to use this thanks mike!

Looks fantastic!!! Mike :) .

I hope to add it, on mine too asap.

One day i hope for a full movie accurate kit, either from you or the sci-fire team.

Just like the suits, we have a lot better ref pic to after now.

I have just, assembled my # third MH/SB pack.

It have been fun, and hard at the same time.

Finding all the right parts, and get them together.

Peace out.

Thanks bro you just reminded me how I struggled to biuild my own pack. But was worth the trouble when you see the final product.

I'm from Singapore and now I feel the urge to go to Hong Kong to find the radio.

Looks fantastic!!! Mike :) .

I hope to add it, on mine too asap.

One day i hope for a full movie accurate kit, either from you or the sci-fire team.

Just like the suits, we have a lot better ref pic to after now.

I have just, assembled my # third MH/SB pack.

It have been fun, and hard at the same time.

Finding all the right parts, and get them together.

Peace out.