AP's New Armor

TD 8733

From AP - We found a new plastic supplier who can make custom color for our ABS plastic, so no more blue hue color ect... these will be high gloss pure white and will always match in case people need replacements parts or a extra helmet in the future to match their armor color 100%.We are currently debating on using .80 gauge or .60 like the original, details using .60 will be much sharper, our only concern is the customer complaining about it being thin in some areas. We also resolved that obvious stretch-mark around top/cap from our last batch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks better, but I noticed the lack of undercuts as well on the bendy pics. Flex that part the same with a lip on the side and you'll have a split, I don't care what type of plastic it is. The .060 ABS yields a much better definition that the .080. If I were him, I'd sculpt up a matched shin and forearm and use the .060 for some of the more detailed parts and the set would be much better overall.

Now that's what I call progress! It does seem the .06 will render a much better looking suit overall. I don't imagine ABS is prone to splitting is it?

I'd agree with Seth about the shin and forearm pieces, though.

Mine has the blue hue as well. I think mine came from the same batch as your friend's

That looks heaps better. i better not show Rachel, she'll go ballistic

actually now her armour is all finished it looks great, blue hue or not it is still a great piece of kit.