Master replica anh helmets

Rolf

The C3 helmet did look a lot like a GF made symmetrical. At this point when I hear MR and helmet in the same sentence I can't get too excited.

Me either. There's no way, no how anything they do will ever be accurate enough for me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god. That would be just hilarious!

They would have more "bad quality control" reviews.

My thought it that they may do an SDS and tell people they kept everything original and wonky; only clean it up a whole bunch so it wont look shity to someone who doesnt know what they're doing.

I dont know much about the heroes but I think the components look passable. Except they have assembled them a bit off.

The ears do look pretty bad. And the dome looks too high.

I would like to hear Gino's opinion as he has made the absolute best hero helmet to date.

• 2 weeks later...

No offense to the "wonky" screen accurate helmets but why do so many people want a crooked helmet? The only reason why the movie ones were crooked cause they werent very good quality. And why are the FX helmets soo big? LOL Yes I own FX armor and its not bad .. cept for my bucket head....

Meh. Looks like the "teeth" are a separate inset part, the vocoder looks to be a separate part also. Ears molded on, detail looks kinda soft. That won't stop a bunch of people from drooling over it, buying it without complaining about the price tag, waiting two years to get it, endlessly whining on message boards that they haven't gotten it yet (although won't request a refund). After the whole clone debacle and subsequent Vader problems I was hoping that MR would get out of the helmet business before they pooped up a stormtrooper helmet.

i'm just waiting for the boba fett rifles to get out there so that i can get one of their display cases to put mine in

the trooper bucket isn't the worst thing i've seen. i think it will really click for people as an idealized version of the iconic helmet.

so many people commented on how warped and deformed my GF helmet was... something like that could never sell to the mass market.

at least the kept the bumpy eye.

Ugh. Looks pretty weak. Painted gums around the teeth is a big pet peeve of mine (it always looks like a big sappy frown rather than skull teeth). Brow trim looks like FX style foam. Bubble lenses ain't where it's at!

I've never understood people wanting idealized, cleaned up versions of any SW props...the whole premise was a "used universe" look. It's supposed to look dirty and wonky and scuffed.

Given MR are notorious for nicking other peoples images (including some off my site on more than one occasion), maybe this time they've gone one step further and the stormtrooper helmet on show at the UK toy fair WAS an SDS

Cheeers

Jez

Hi there, been a good while since I have been on the board.

Not sure if it was the same gig but a mate of mine was working up at the London toy fair and had a look at the Mr stand, picked up the trooper lid on display, had sds sticker inside...........

Given MR are notorious for nicking other peoples images (including some off my site on more than one occasion), maybe this time they've gone one step further and the stormtrooper helmet on show at the UK toy fair WAS an SDS

Cheeers

Jez

Hi there, been a good while since I have been on the board.

Not sure if it was the same gig but a mate of mine was working up at the London toy fair and had a look at the Mr stand, picked up the trooper lid on display, had sds sticker inside...........

Thats incredible but doesnt surprise me

I can only guess they didnt have anything to show so just popped across London and bought one from SDS.

AFAIK the one at the US Toy show was the "correct" prototype, although it looks like they need to make thir mind up over the Stunt/Hero issue

Cheers

Jez