My first protégé recruit

TD-1536

One of the Old Line Garrison's newest recruits, Ryan Ashley utilized my services to help finish his armor.

It's an AP kit, and after giving him a lesson on weathering, he finished the whole suit himself with amazing results. Everything you see is his except for the backpack and blaster. I'm helping him get his pack together shortly. We did these pictures this evening to submit his application to the 501st. This is the first time he's ever worn everything, so he needs to tweak a few things, but right off... he's looking excellent!

So, give the man a hand!

Phil Moy... you're next!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow! That looks outstanding! Great work on the armor and it looks just as good as your armor Mike. How long did it take to get that new set of armor looking like that?

Ryan did all the weathering.

I spent the last two Sundays assembling everything.

YAY I'M NEXT!!!

seriously mike, you are the man. if it wasn't for you i would still be that super ultra ridiculous beige trooper

not to mention you have gotten me permanently obsessed with this stuff!

My girlfriend came over today while i was on the computer and she was like, "please tell me you didn't just buy a bunch of old tupperware..."

haha, what can i say?

but seriously, ryans armor looks great, and if i can get mine half as good as that then i'm set!

...My girlfriend came over today while i was on the computer and she was like, "please tell me you didn't just buy a bunch of old tupperware..."

Oh, I get the same thing from Tracy. She just laughs it off, but I know inside she just shakes her head.

You start with a coat of Krylon Fusion River Rock Satin, once that cures, you paint on some liquid latex where you want your chips to be, then you paint over that with Krylon Fusion Gloss white. Once that cures, peel off the latex, and ta-da! Chips!

Ryan- you look awesome!!

Great suit. But don't all new recuits get thier head shaved? *cough* haircut *cough*

I was thinking about that as the RC's in Traviss' books make a point about the virtue of short hair.

But the Spartans - yeah those same guys who held of Xerxes' million man army at Thermopylae and did nothing but train to fight since boyhood - wore their hair long enough to braided.

So maybe he's trying to get in touch with past warrior brothers...

hahaha! it must be so hot though.

you would know... it's almost as long.

BTW, if I never started loosing my hair, it would all still be down to my waist. I cut it all off in 1997 after growing it out for five years.

oh and about the frown mesh, from what i've seen it doesnt look like the originals had the mesh.

Hmm, yeah - it was probably harder to tell on screen where most shots were wide angle plus those nascent lids were protos for the later studio scenes w/mesh.

yeah i can't decide what im going to do yet. it will depend on whether or not i have a headset mic or a mounted one, in which case i would need the mesh, but i havent been able to find a good sounding headset to work with my set up. the computer mic is just so nice and crisp