New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi Troops,

I'm Chris from the Belgian Garrison. Been a 501st member since 2008.

Joined because i have a stormtrooper laying around for a while which i want to convert to a TD.

Gone have to do a lot of reading... :sweat:

Regards all

Hey troops, just realized I never introduced myself and checked in with all of you fine troopers. My name is Jason and I live in the barren wasteland known as Kill Devil Hills. Large moving sand dunes and nothing but sand for miles, make my TD feel right at home. I have been a Star Wars fan since the original movie in 1977. I have collected memorabilia almost my entire life. Now that I'm older, I have seriously upped the anti , with life sized troopers. I am fairly new to the whole costuming trooping thing but look forward to doing good things in the 501st Legion.

I have purchased a complete RS TD and I must say it is pretty cool having been casted from original armor. I am in the final phases of completion and am sitting on pins and needles trying to finish up. It has been a wild ride but fun and exciting. I have built a set of armor that I acquired through a local garrison, but it was a Shock Trooper, Clone style. It really turned out well. I will eventually build a TD or TK on my own. I also purchased a ESB TK from Troopermaster and it is spot on. Both have provided top notch kits. I am also currently building a Tusken Raider. I have been trying to read threads and research, but I have found you can never research too much. Learning as much about the individual troopers and components is very important. I am more than halfway through most of my TD and am still learning the particulars. Listen to the veterans when they say research...

I did fall into the Jedi Robe trap looking for fully assembled armor. I am finally over the initial shock of being let down and am rectifying the situation by completely rebuilding the JR to 501 standards and will make it into a Death Trooper....

Hind sight is always 20/20, so even though I love my RS and TM builds, I would probably construct myself . Like I mentioned before, I will most likely construct a TK or TD myself after my current projects are finished.

So thank you for allowing me to absorb all this great stuff and even though I forgot my initial introduction, I hope to get to know all of you and look forward to joining the MEPD. I do have my eye set on swat status....

Thank you all who make this happen, may the force be with you, and I hope we all find the droids we are looking for.

Hello everyone. Tray Nichols from Garrison Carida. I have been a 501st member since October of 2007. I am a TK and TS right now. Maybe when I buy a new TK I'll convert the old one to a TD. Until then I am here to support all of you dirty troopers out there. :)

Hello all...my name is Joshua, a 20yr old "shiny", from New York. I already know that my area falls under the Empire City Garrison and I'd like to start receiving information from my area's garrison and from you all from MEPD. I previously posted on this site a year ago when I first sign-up but now I would like to start in earnest with at least receiving ideas to get ready. Even if it takes me a few years to get my armor and get initiated into my garrison, I will do what I can to be fully prepared for the day when it comes. Like you all I am a complete SW fan and hope to show that one day wearing my proud armor in my garrison.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! This is Brian from sunny subtropical Denton Texas.

I began my slow crawl to 501st approval last month. I've been jumping around on which direction I want to go (ESB IN, ESB TK, TS, and now TD). So many choices so little money. Luckily I won't be buying armor for roughly a year so I have time to sit and ponder my choice (and am probably going to stop telling people what direction I'm going for now). Anyhoo I've been haunting here off and on and thought so would finally introduce myself.

I've gotten to meet some of the Star Garrison members of the North Texas Squad and have even gotten to go to my first armor party.

I've spent most of my time online over at the FISD site where if your interested you can check out my Doopy ESB Canon E-11 thread.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26791-dd-esb-e-11-build/

Anyway I hope to get to know some of you guys while I march on my long path to 501st approval.

My best and thanks for all the info you guys have generated here!

Greetings from Florida!!!

Jeremy here, I go by Jay though. I have, after much trial and tribulation set upon making my next costume MEPD. I am a LEO in real life and feel that this is a good fit as I know the pitfalls of the profession.

I look forward to MANY good times (and long troops) as a member of the MEPD.

Feel free to ask and questions or just say hi. I currently have a Staff Officer (currently my only costume) and an Imperial Security Bureau almost completed.

Anyway...hope to see or talk to everyone over the years. :)

Greetings,

My name is Kainoa. (Noa for short) I am a member of Garrison Excelsior. I have a goal to apply for deployment as a TD by the end of the year. I've been on the boards for a couple weeks and I love the community already. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to M.E.P.D Randall. Glad to have you here bro. Take your time, read, especially over at FISD. There you will be introduced to different types of armor, accessories, tutorials, tips and all different kinds of info to help you create one of the most incredible costumes out there,,,,,the sand trooper !! Have fun brother, and if you have any questions please ask, as there is a fount of knowledge here at M.E.P.D.

G'day!

Hello from Queensland Australia..

Been lurking on the forums for a while now and finally finished my TD a week or so ago. Waiting on some parts from Quartermaster to finish off my backpack and will then apply for MEPD deployment.

Greetings banana bender ;) good to see another Aussie join the ranks

I'm sure you'll get lots of help from your garrison quite a few sandies up there now

Good luck brother

Vince Southern cross garr.

Greetings banana bender ;) good to see another Aussie join the ranks

I'm sure you'll get lots of help from your garrison quite a few sandies up there now

Good luck brother

Vince Southern cross garr.

Thanks for the welcome Vince! I trooped Dreamworld in the sandy last weekend which was my first ever troop and had a blast!

Hi All, I'm Steve TB2270 of the UK Garrison, been trooping for sometime now and to be honest i never wanted to be a TK or TD back at the begining but for some reason over the last few months i have found going sandy very appealing and so i have started my journey to the sand pit following in my brothers foot steps.

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd post as I'm getting my TD up to scratch for trooping with Brittania Patrol.

Some of you already know me as I've been a member of the UKG for a while now with my Gunner/TIE RP/Crewman.

I'll be posting WIP pics on the boards here and on the UKG forums so you guys can give me pointers.

Cheers,

W B)