New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! New member to the site here. I am the Brother-in-law of TD2557, aka "Quartermaster". Working on getting some armor together to join the fight in the desert! LOL

Welcome man! Good to have you! Quartermaster is a great guy... so, by proxy, we know you're a great guy-in-law! :P

Seriously, glad to have you!

Though it sounds like you've got help nearby, let us know how we can help on your quest to go dirty!

OK Gordon...here you go! New member (sort of) Quartermaster here.

I will be sure to flood the site with lots and lots of questions and PM's to keep you all busy.

I have never even seen Star Wars so I have no Idea what the heck I am doing!

:P

Hey Quartermaster, welcome to MEPD. U seems to have a pretty high post count for a "new" guy. :D

You are not alone. I have never seen Star Wars as well. Does it have annoying talking creature with big ears and talk funny? :lol:

Thanks for the WARM welcome!

I was going to use call sign "Jar Jar Binks", but I figured no one would repond to any of my posts! :lol:

Thanks for the WARM welcome!

I was going to use call sign "Jar Jar Binks", but I figured no one would repond to any of my posts! :lol:

Or you could have Jar Jar tattooed on your back like that guy in Fanboys. LOL...

How cool would that be!

LOL

Saludos.

Welcome man! Good to have you! Quartermaster is a great guy... so, by proxy, we know you're a great guy-in-law! :P

Seriously, glad to have you!

Though it sounds like you've got help nearby, let us know how we can help on your quest to go dirty!

Thanks Noel! Nice to know I'm thought of so highly here ! :D

It's about time you got on the boards Len. Good to have you here. We will get you suited up soon. ;)

Russell... I was the same way as you. Lurked a while, and then thought, "I'll join in... even though I doubt I get a TD soon..." Now I'm the DL! So careful what you wish for!

Nol, sorry I missed this reply (a month and a half ago!). Thanks for the welcome, and the warning. Funny you should say that... I'd mentioned wanting to work on a TB first. Well, I've kind of changed gears, and I'm hoping to get into a TD before the summer's up.

There were a couple factors which influenced my decision: Not only is the TD probably the coolest screen used Imperial uniform, but the MEPD has really helped push me over the fence. I think this is the best community out of the major 501st armor communities I've come in contact with. Little to no bickering, no god-complexes, extremely helpful and supportive members and staff, tons of pride, and a very close-knit crew. This, to me, reflects highly on the character types who are attracted to the MEPD, as well as the leadership which has fostered this atmosphere. Good on ya, Mike and Noel. This is a crew I can see myself being a part of. You're truly the best of the best. Thanks, gents. :salute:

Nol, sorry I missed this reply (a month and a half ago!). Thanks for the welcome, and the warning. Funny you should say that... I'd mentioned wanting to work on a TB first. Well, I've kind of changed gears, and I'm hoping to get into a TD before the summer's up.

There were a couple factors which influenced my decision: Not only is the TD probably the coolest screen used Imperial uniform, but the MEPD has really helped push me over the fence. I think this is the best community out of the major 501st armor communities I've come in contact with. Little to no bickering, no god-complexes, extremely helpful and supportive members and staff, tons of pride, and a very close-knit crew. This, to me, reflects highly on the character types who are attracted to the MEPD, as well as the leadership which has fostered this atmosphere. Good on ya, Mike and Noel. This is a crew I can see myself being a part of. You're truly the best of the best. Thanks, gents. :salute:

No worries about not seeing the post... I do that too. ;)

And... wow... thanks for that about the MEPD.

It's all of YOU that make it great too though, don't forget! B)

Hey all.

TD-9898 over at Dune Sea Garrison pointed me over here for tips on building a TD set. I'm looking forward to browsing though here and getting some of the folks in the Phoenix, Arizona area to help me with the build, as I understand the beginnings of creating a suit or TD armor is far from a one man job.

TD-4802, out.

Glad to have you here Patrick. There is tons of great info here for you, just have to take some time and get familiar with the site. If you have trouble finding an answer to something, just post your question. The guys and gals here are extremely knowledgeable and will be happy to help. If you are in Arizona, you have two of our best right in your backyard. MEPD Commanding Officer Noel and MEPD Officer "Skutch" are in your neck of the woods. (well, New Mexico anyway. LOL)

Hey all.

TD-9898 over at Dune Sea Garrison pointed me over here for tips on building a TD set. I'm looking forward to browsing though here and getting some of the folks in the Phoenix, Arizona area to help me with the build, as I understand the beginnings of creating a suit or TD armor is far from a one man job.

TD-4802, out.

Hey Patrick....glad to have you aboard brother :)

Welcome Patrick!

I think a TD can be a one man job... I did mine "by myself." But then again, it wasn't REALLY by myself as I had the help of everyone here on the MEPD too. B)

We're here when you need us for sure!

Browse around, then dive in!

John is right, me and skutch are in Albuquerque area... so we're relatively "close-ish." But we're always just a message away no matter where we live.

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to know I have a couple of the best in my "backyard."

Oh, and Nol, I'll hit you up for tips and tricks as soon as I have some spare cash. You'll be hearing from me, for sure, but for now I'll just browse around and *gasp* learn.

TD-4802, out.

EDIT: One quick question. Why is this tag

[img=image link]
disabled? I noticed that the
[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]
tag is enabled. Couldn't images be placed inside the spoiler tags, like so?

[spoiler][img=image link][/spoiler]

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to know I have a couple of the best in my "backyard."

Oh, and Nol, I'll hit you up for tips and tricks as soon as I have some spare cash. You'll be hearing from me, for sure, but for now I'll just browse around and *gasp* learn.

TD-4802, out.

EDIT: One quick question. Why is this tag

[img=image link]
disabled? I noticed that the
[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]
tag is enabled. Couldn't images be placed inside the spoiler tags, like so?

[spoiler][img=image link][/spoiler]
Cool... I'll be here. B)

And the img tag isn't disabled. We use it all the time. :huh:

Maybe it just doesn't work inside a spoiler tag. ??

Ello each, TB6055 from the UKG signing in...

Currently sat in the garage with my laptop knocking up a former to make the TK>TD conversion parts on my trusty vac-former - assuming the body-filler and MDF dust doesn't overwhelm me I hope to get all the basics finished soon.

Have ordered a full metal MG34 replica, MP40 pouches arrived today and my SDS bucket has already been tweaked and grubbied up - just the elusive backpack and a good few hours of work to go!

Good day,

My name is James and I am from Santa Barbara, CA. I got into costuming 5 years ago, (after attending CIII in Indianapolis) primarily focusing on Clone Troopers. I have always wanted a TD, and now the time has come. I have many projects in the pipeline, including a Sci-Fire Clone Trooper build, a forthcoming Clonesix Clone Trooper build (my 2nd), a Pre-Pro Zero Supertrooper Fett build, not limited to other prop related projects at this time. I have had the pleasure over the years to befriend a few of you fine folks on the TDH and Clonetroopers.net, and I look forward to making many more new friends and, to building an accurate, ditry ol' Sandtrooper! (TE2 preferbly ):)