New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi, I'm Jude from the UK, I've been trooping as a sandie with the Galactic Knights for about a year. It's taken a long time for me to register on here but better late than never, I have lurked a few times (sorry) and found the boards really helpful. I'm still adding to and tweaking my kit but it does the job.

Hi there, this is Pandatrooper / Terry TK-2886 from the Fisd and Badlands Garrison in Canada. I've been on Fisd for a while and I've been researching and lurking on here for some time. One day, I'd like to get another set of armor and "get dirty" :) but it will be a ways out as I have a few projects to finish first.

Just wanted to drop a line and say Hello!

If you've just joined the group, please introduce yourself here. <!-- s:y: --><!-- s:y: -->

Hey everyone. I am brand new, don't even have armor...YET. As I was looking into the best place to get info on armor and everything I would need MEPD continually surfaced as the best place to get advice and help on putting together my outfit (and doing it right). Any suggestions you guys have will be welcome!

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I am brand new, don't even have armor...YET. As I was looking into the best place to get info on armor and everything I would need MEPD continually surfaced as the best place to get advice and help on putting together my outfit (and doing it right). Any suggestions you guys have will be welcome!

Thanks!

Welcome to the MEPD Zon! Be sure to take a look around and don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Welcome to the MEPD Terry! Always happy to steal another trooper away from FISD!

Thanks for the warm desert welcome. I'm sure Paul will appreciate that comment! LOL :)

@pandatrooper - I'm sure Paul won't mind... Muahahaha! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all!

Names Greg, though I've been called a lot worse over the years! :D I've got me some TD on the way....it's gonna take some time to get organised, but it's comin'!

Down in Ozzie-land (Australia). Already have my DZ as can be seen in the sig (don't worry, that'll change - I just wanted to get inside the head of the targets!) :lol:

Righto, that's about it for now I guess - will keep you all updated in other threwads as to how the progress on the kit is going. The one I've got coming in is gonna need a little bit of work to get up to MEPD status, but we'll get it there!

Cheers!

Greg / G-edi / DZ 8422 (/ TD-in-training-8422!!)

Greetings all!

Names Greg, though I've been called a lot worse over the years! :D I've got me some TD on the way....it's gonna take some time to get organised, but it's comin'!

Down in Ozzie-land (Australia). Already have my DZ as can be seen in the sig (don't worry, that'll change - I just wanted to get inside the head of the targets!) :lol:

Righto, that's about it for now I guess - will keep you all updated in other threwads as to how the progress on the kit is going. The one I've got coming in is gonna need a little bit of work to get up to MEPD status, but we'll get it there!

Cheers!

Greg / G-edi / DZ 8422 (/ TD-in-training-8422!!)

Welcome Brother

I live in a hurry so never I really introduced myself. My name is Krzysiek in a free translations Chris. I am a member of the Polish garrison as TD-7614.

In private life I am temporarily unemployed environmental engineer. I have a serious defect of hearing and waiting for surgery. My fairly new hobby is to create a replica in 1:1 scale. I started with replica weapons, through the backpack and a replica of the Sonix radio, now I'm trying to finish Boba fett helmet.

On the bottom my and baron fell

Posted Image

I don't think I've done this yet but here goes...

Name's Braxton Burgan

From Tennessee (USA)

No 501st Status

I have been looking into get a set of armor and constructing it and weathering to go sandy. Would rather be TD than TK. I've had many suggestion from guys in my local garrison. Most say go TK then Mod. I joined here to ask what the TD guys and gals thought of that suggestion. Also, one of the guys in the local garrison has a connection to get FX armor for a great price. How many TDs have sandy FX armor?

Welcome to all you new guys and gals!!!

burganb, in my opinion (duh), TD is the way to go !!! B)

I went TK first because of that very suggestion... and the thing is to mod a TK to a TD is more work than making it sandy. You have to replace parts and do a lot more. So, in the end it was easier to get a 2nd set of armor, make it my TD and now it's the only set I have — though I hope to get another TK one day just for parades and Bespin. ;)

There are a lot of deployed TD's in the MEPD that have the FX armor. You don't want the FX helmet though... get something better for that. There are plenty of great choices for armor out there though... and, while I think FX is good for what it is, once you see a more accurate set next to it you'll know why people tend to "move along" from FX quickly. Don't get my wrong though, I loved my FX when I had it for my TK... and it makes a great sandy for sure! Just do your research and look at pictures and ask opinions. You've come to the right place.

Welcome burganb,

Just like Noel, I started too with a TK FX... and it was great for some time and loved it. But then after a bit wanted to move on into a TD and, although it was more a joy than a pain to mod the armor cause I love working on props, it was a lot of work.

FX kit is a nice kit and I learned to love it and appreciate it for what it is. With some love and care, and lots of work (and an ANH bucket) you can make a great TD and get deployed with no hassle. Just need to learn what to do and do it correctly. Check this link for picts of my FX lite TD:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5584&st=0

It took me a couple of years to have it look like this.

But then, if I put the FX next to an ANH set of armor, you can tell the difference.

With all the experience I got with my FX, puting together a new ANH TD was very fast, but even without that experience I must agree with Noel that making a TK and modifying it to be a TD is a lot more work and more difficult than going sandy since the begining... It might take more time, and money, but it is worth it.

So, if you are dreaming of a Sandy... join us right away.

Welcome bro!!

Saludos

Hello there here on MEPD,

may i introduce myself on this board.

My name is Ralf ,i`m 33 years old and from germany!! Maybe some here know me from ct.net as SchratVader!!

I`m a huge Star Wars fan since my childhood with all my Kenner action figures!! :D at time i build up a airborne clonetrooper which is also my first costume build ever and i`m nearing completion in the next 2 months hopefully and can join the 501st very soon!!

in the last time i thinked what can be my next project after my clone and i came up with the sandtrooper because i wanted a costume from the original trilogy and

something with a lot of extra parts like the airborne trooper!!

so i hope to find a lot of inspiration and help here ;)

cheers and greetings Ralf

Welcome Ralf!

I love the airborne troopers!! Very cool stuff. Post some pics of your AB armor if you don't mind. Would love to see it.

TDs are the coolest though... I mean who are we kidding? We're willing to get our hands (and heads, and legs, and everything) dirty to get the job done. B)

I have to wonder what are the chance that Rolf would be the first to reply to you Ralf... but it happened.

Never tell me the odds. :)