New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Good morning, gents!

Though it'll be a long time (if ever) before I'm able to get into a TD, I wanted to introduce myself here. I figured, if I'm going to lurk here and glean info from you pros, I'd better at least say "Hi". Stalkers and peeping Toms prefer to remain anonymous...

Anyway, I love the TD uniform and what you guys have done with yours. I obviously won't have much to contribute, but I appreciate the openness of all the knowledge-sharing among the 501st forums. I hope to get into a TB sometime in the near future. Maybe after that, I'll be able to spring for a TD.

Cheers,

Russell

Just finally saying "Hi" after lurking for about two years. My name is Ben, I'm IC-7255 from the MidSouth Garrison.....that's about it. And now, back to my regularly scheduled lurking.

Hey Russell... hey Ben... welcome.

Or, rather, "officially and publicly welcome!" B)

Russell... I was the same way as you. Lurked a while, and then thought, "I'll join in... even though I doubt I get a TD soon..." Now I'm the DL! So careful what you wish for! :salute:

Ben... it's good to have you too! If you want to stay lurking feel free to message people and ask questions... that's still "lurking". ;)

Hi, all, Dave (long time lurker) here!

I've been costuming in shiny TK for 3 years, and always thought that you TD's were a bit too grubby to associate with. I've had a box full of half assembled TE2 sitting in my garage for about a year and a half, crying out to be TD'd. Much reading of these forums has happened, and now is the time to get dirty :)

Dave J.

Hi, all, Dave (long time lurker) here!

I've been costuming in shiny TK for 3 years, and always thought that you TD's were a bit too grubby to associate with. I've had a box full of half assembled TE2 sitting in my garage for about a year and a half, crying out to be TD'd. Much reading of these forums has happened, and now is the time to get dirty :)

Dave J.

YAY! Good to hear you've finally admitted to the inevitable. :P

Glad to have you Dave!

Post a thread when you start/continue on your build!

Hey man, welcome!

I changed your status to 501st (since you are) and also changed your username to "Chunk" (instead of that stupid name you get when you sign up. Let me know if you want something else.

Look forward to having you on the boards!

Like Dirty Boy said, you've come to the right place! B)

Thanks for the name change. I was looking for the "contact us" to request the name change. Im known as Chunk on all the forums JRS, FISD, Imperial Officers & a few others I've signed up on.

My wife's armor came today. She & I were a lil bummed :unsure: The guy I boght it from had pictures of an awsome weathered TD. I contacted him quickly & we agreed on a total price. But he decided to start painting the suit white. All that is left of the original weahering is the helmet, & lower body(front & back). Now I have to try & match the weathering.

Hi, im Td-5516 Mexican Garrison, im glad to be here with some people that inspires me day by day to be a better soldier, and im very excited to take the fisrt step on my way to become a MEPD member, and well i will see u all around! Jah Bless u all! IRIE! (thats a rasta way to say, everythings cool and will be better)

Welcome home Pony, this is the place to be for TDs!

Just check the place, read the topics and enjoy being a Sandtrooper!

If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask, and Im sure someone (or lots of ppl actually) will be happy to reply and help you out.

Bienvenido hermano.

Un abrazo...

Juan

PS. see you later at the Mos Eisley cantina!!

Hi, im Td-5516 Mexican Garrison, im glad to be here with some people that inspires me day by day to be a better soldier, and im very excited to take the fisrt step on my way to become a MEPD member, and well i will see u all around! Jah Bless u all! IRIE! (thats a rasta way to say, everythings cool and will be better)

Welcome man! It's great to have you on here brother!

Hope we're all you need us to be and that we're all blessed by you as well! B)

thank u so much Commander Nol, i hope i can be part of the Elite soon, i know i will, i heard a lot of good things about this detachment and the people that makes it happen, so all i need its time and a little support, i got it from my sargent Iconoclasta that guy really rocks!! so see u around! and thanks again! Jah bless u all!

I've been lurking around for the last couple of days and figured it was time to step up and say HI!

My name is Mike and I'm a member and Charity Rep. of the New England Garrison. I currently have an approved Imperial Crewman and I'm working on a CW Clonetrooper and TIE Pilot. There is a slight chance that I might be selling my clone and if that happens I'm considering getting dirty :lol:. Either way I'm looking forward to hanging out here from time to time.

I've been lurking around for the last couple of days and figured it was time to step up and say HI!

My name is Mike and I'm a member and Charity Rep. of the New England Garrison. I currently have an approved Imperial Crewman and I'm working on a CW Clonetrooper and TIE Pilot. There is a slight chance that I might be selling my clone and if that happens I'm considering getting dirty :lol:. Either way I'm looking forward to hanging out here from time to time.

Welcome man!

Anything we can do to convince you TO sell the clone and FOR SURE go dirty, let us know! ;)

Seriously, if you're just hanging out, lurking, whatever you're welcome.

(because we know sand gets everywhere and EVENTUALLY you'll succumb to the dirty side of the dark side... it is your destiny...) B)

Welcome!

Hey everybody! Name's Sonik. Been on TDH for awhile and will soon be finished with my SE Boba Fett (also werkin on a Boush and hopefully a dirty TB). What can I say, I like my suits dirty...

That being said.... Been wantin to start on a Sandy for a long time.

Well, my TK will be in within the next couple of weeks, along with everything to do a TD, except the knee plate, ab upgrade, backpack, and weathering. Doug, the garrison commander for Timberline garrison is going to help me get it all set up and ready for approval, so hopefully, I'll be joining the ranks of the MEPD and getting my TD# even before I get my BH#.

I hope to be a positive addition to the unit. :)

hey Sonik!

Welcome to the sandpit.

So, if you like your suits being dirty and you are already waiting for a TK/TD to arrive, well... you are in the best place at the perfect moment!!

If you need any help or advice, feel free to ask or PM...

Be cool and stay dirty.

Saludos.

Juan

Welcome Sonik! Just being here and having the desire for a TD makes you valuable.

I hope the forum is valuable to you too!

Great to have ya! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you guys!!

My name is lee Jones and I am currently thinking of adding the dirt too!! just want to know where to start and tips about the best places to buy my bits. already have a pauldron so thats a start!! Nice to be here!!

Hey you guys!!

My name is lee Jones and I am currently thinking of adding the dirt too!! just want to know where to start and tips about the best places to buy my bits. already have a pauldron so thats a start!! Nice to be here!!

Hey Lee, welcome man! Good to have you!

Well, where to start... hmm...

You have armor? Yes, or no?

I'm guessing yes, but not sure.

You know all the differences between a sandtrooper and a "clean TK?"

Feel free to start up a thread (or 10) in the appropriate forum sections as you have questions. Hopefully you'll find most of what you're looking for by doing searches though... at least to start. B)

And again, welcome!

Thank you for the welcome!! Sir David pointed me in this direction so a big thanks to him!!I do have armour but will be keeping that as it is. I do not know all the differences and will have to do a bit of research before buying. I'd like to get my stuff from the UK if possible but don't want to end up with poor recasts. Chimera on evil bay looks ok but have not dealt with them before. Any ideas?? Cheers!!

Hey Mike...I know we caught up on facebook....somehow i missed you here :) anyway....welcome bro...need to get the TD going so we can put together the East Coast MEPD photo :)

Hey everybody! Name's Sonik. Been on TDH for awhile and will soon be finished with my SE Boba Fett (also werkin on a Boush and hopefully a dirty TB). What can I say, I like my suits dirty...

That being said.... Been wantin to start on a Sandy for a long time.

Well, my TK will be in within the next couple of weeks, along with everything to do a TD, except the knee plate, ab upgrade, backpack, and weathering. Doug, the garrison commander for Timberline garrison is going to help me get it all set up and ready for approval, so hopefully, I'll be joining the ranks of the MEPD and getting my TD# even before I get my BH#.

I hope to be a positive addition to the unit. :)

Hey Sonik....Welcome brother....looking forward to seeing your armor brother.

Hey you guys!!

Hey Lee....Welcome brother!!! dont think about getting dirty....just get dirty....throw on your TK and go play at the beach on a rainy day....then come home and clear coat it so the the sand sticks....lol