New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

:) thanks................you guys helped us newbies already with the refference and all,hope not to dissapoint you guys with the work...found many difficult times finding all the correct accesories and parts though....but ill do my best..........arrr.....mi m8ties....arrr..aaarrrrr

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all my name is Carl but everybody calls me shaggy, Well I'm from Southern California Garrison I have a Darth Vader costume I think its time for costume 2, I hope I can make MEPD proud and add a new sandy to the list

This is the place to be Shaggy B)

Welcome aboard and good luck with completing your TD to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

My name is Ben from San Diego. I joined the 501st just over a year ago but have been with my So Cal Garrison and SD Squad for a few years as Boba Fett (ESB) BH-2367. I have owned a set of TD armor w/ an AP lid for some time now. I recently purchased a Hyperfirm DLT and a Desert Pack to complete my suit. The Sandtrooper has always been one of my favorite SW characters and I look forward to my deployment and many troops with you guys.

Ben-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sup, brethren?!

I've been mainly focused on clone armor and props, but I'm always lookin' to broaden my horizons. I was this close to ordering a TE2 kit, this year ('08), but decided on another clone kit, instead. I was going to go clean with the TE2, but I'm kinda' partial to the dirt and extra gear (which is why my first clone was a 327th Star Corps grunt). I look forward to building a TD in '09. From what I hear, there's no better place find the info I need.

Tom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I say hello to the MEPD! :D

This is Def', from the French Garrison. I am 22, and French Air Force Air Traffic Controller (Sergeant). Before I used to be a French Gendarme (policeman), that's one of the reasons that decided me to make a Sandtrooper, they are the "cops" sort of around there...I'm thinking to TROOPS also! (what else?) Sandtroopers are so cool! B)

Well I started two years ago in the 501st with a TIE Fighter Pilot, now I also have an officer, a stormtrooper, a gunner, an imperial crewman and a royal guard. I'm also working on various projects such as a 181st TIE pilot, or a blue senate guard for example...a real Imperial you see! :lol:

I have begun to convert my Stormtrooper into a Sandtrooper Sergeant (we only have Majors or Corporals in the French Garrison, and according to my real ranking I wanted to be the first white pauldron).

First I have changed the helmet: a MR CE in replacement of the FX, a really impressive gain of movie accuracy! I changed the stickers to correct TD ones (after the photo shoot,here are still the basic TK ones), and obviously put dirt all over it (as for the rest of the armor of course).

Then I went on the armor: dirt, dirt, dirt as a start; then replacement of parts like the diamond knee plate, the abdomen square, the "cheese-raper" hand, cutting the deflectors, adding two ammo pouchs on the hips (a third one with the correct MP40 design awaits further modifications). I also removed the back canister and put a white pauldron and a MG34 "paintball" replica.

Here is my armor as it comes for the moment, lacking a backpack (work in progress) and the third ammo pouch.

According to the TD standards it could be a 501st Sandtrooper now, but I want it fully completed before submiting to my GML (to me a TD without his backpack is naked :lol: ):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well here we are, I hope my Sandtrooper will please you, even if not fully completed!

See you soon on the boards, I wish you all a very happy Imperial new year!!! B)

Def'.

• 1 month later...

Hey, everyone!

My name's Doug-- I'm relatively new to the 501st; picked up armor in 2007, finally finished it around Christmas of this year, and got my 501st ID shortly thereafter.

Currently I only have a clean (ducking to avoid rotten fruits and vegetables :D ) GF but I've always loved the sandtrooper esthetic. In truth, it's probably my favorite SW costume, but I'm just not at the skill level yet to take one on, I'm afraid. Hopefully with practice, and a lot of reading here, I can get there someday.

I'm pretty active (translation: obnoxious) on the FISD board, but have lurked pretty quietly here for a while -- just keepin' my trap shut and learnin' stuff. :)

As for me, I'm 33, live in Denver, CO and work as a Creative Director for a multimedia company. I love music, motion-graphics, design, playing bass, writing, politics, and playing what is arguably the worst version of golf in the Western Hemisphere.

Thanks for building such a fantastic community!

Hey, everyone!

My name's Doug-- I'm relatively new to the 501st; picked up armor in 2007, finally finished it around Christmas of this year, and got my 501st ID shortly thereafter.

Currently I only have a clean (ducking to avoid rotten fruits and vegetables :D ) GF but I've always loved the sandtrooper esthetic. In truth, it's probably my favorite SW costume, but I'm just not at the skill level yet to take one on, I'm afraid. Hopefully with practice, and a lot of reading here, I can get there someday.

I'm pretty active (translation: obnoxious) on the FISD board, but have lurked pretty quietly here for a while -- just keepin' my trap shut and learnin' stuff. :)

As for me, I'm 33, live in Denver, CO and work as a Creative Director for a multimedia company. I love music, motion-graphics, design, playing bass, writing, politics, and playing what is arguably the worst version of golf in the Western Hemisphere.

Thanks for building such a fantastic community!

Welcome onboard bro ! I am sure you can find all the best info you need to make a outstanding Sandtrooper B) !

grtz RAY