New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hi guys, I am completely new to this and completely clueless in all honesty with this but it is something I have a keen interest in being a part of!

I've had a look online at what stuff is needed and all that jazz but I will probably be asking a fair few questions so please don't hate me!!!!

welcome jonny,

ask as many questions as you want mate,you may find when researching in here the question your asking has already been answered somewhere(probebley asked by me :woot: )

spend plenty of time researching essecially if your in no rush!

anyway it good to see another u.k, guy on the boards(im not far away,nottm/leicester) :thumbsup:

Hi guys, I am completely new to this and completely clueless in all honesty with this but it is something I have a keen interest in being a part of!

I've had a look online at what stuff is needed and all that jazz but I will probably be asking a fair few questions so please don't hate me!!!!

Hey Jonny - I'm over the Pennines near Liverpool & maybe a little ahead of you with research, however I've done a few other builds....TB, CC, TK - ask ask ask

I'm actually putting together a doc of cribbed info regarding covering armour assembley, weathering, extras, a shopping / sourcing list, screen grabs, etc. It helps me plan & learn the build.....& I love to plan!!!!!

Hey Jonny - I'm over the Pennines near Liverpool & maybe a little ahead of you with research, however I've done a few other builds....TB, CC, TK - ask ask ask

I'm actually putting together a doc of cribbed info regarding covering armour assembley, weathering, extras, a shopping / sourcing list, screen grabs, etc. It helps me plan & learn the build.....& I love to plan!!!!!

Love it!! I absolutely hate planing because I have never been one for organisation! My main question would be do you know of anywhere in the UK to source the armour from?

My main question would be do you know of anywhere in the UK to source the armour from?

Exactly what Nick said - I will be getting a set of TM for this build later in the year...not only is he in the UK but possibly in the same county!! IMHO I think his kit is some of the best in the world!!!! Contact a guy on here called Troopermaster for further details

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. From Florida, and have been looking and aquiring items for multiple impressions. Just waiting for most of it to arrive. Can't wait to start trooping. I have left civilwar reenacting after 18 years to try something different, and maybe something that gives back to the world. I have run the gamit in the company level, from private to company commander, and I have decided I like it better when I do not have to be in charge of anyone but myself. I have muliple uniforms for that hobby (both sides) so i figured lets do the same here and have multiple uniforms (all dark side, no rebel scum ;-) )

• 2 weeks later...
Hi My name is Old Trooper TK 4746 from Southern Cross Garrison, and as you will most probably fig I'm a shinny looking to go dirty & i'm an Aussie. I'm crrrently looking over all the information about TD's, I'm aiming to obtain standard of police officer. I'm Going with an ATA armour bass which best fits my build & budget. Weapon style TBA .Just waiting for some monies from inheritance to purchase materials to creat my TD armour (June 2012) There are some question I have but they can wait for now I might just find the answer amongst the vault of information here in these forums. There are several of us in SCG that going dirty some are first timers to armour period other like myself are just expanding our creativity skills & wardrobe. So without further a do here I go on my ride to becoming a TD. WEEEEEEEE!

Hello, My name is Todd Lechniak, TK-7032. I live in South Williamsport, PA. and a member of Garrison Carida. I am currently designated a TK, TB, TR, and TS. I recently obtained Infantryman status in the FISD and shortly applying for Centurian status. I hope to convert my old FX TX armor into a Sandy. I plan on purchacing an ATA bucket and try to work my way up to hopefully SWAT staus. I am excited about this venture and hope to become as movie accurate as possible.

Howdy, my name is Jack Lewis and my TD will be my first build. I'll do my best to go through all the info here but, I may still have some questions. I'll be joining the MosNooga Squad once I get approval and as far as I know will be the first TD in the squad. I Look forward to learning from all of you and sharing deployments.

Jack Lewis III

Hello!

I am Jimmy from Louisville, KY! I joined a few days ago and have been active on the FISD forums for a couple of months now. I'm still absorbing alot of information, as I hope to build both TK and TD armor once I am out of USMC basic training. I am also a very good artist and can draw about anything if needs be. I hope to one day be working as a maker of official MEPD and FISD posters and Shirts/Sweatshirts. I also hope to carry the ID# of 717 or 0717 in both TK and TD.

Thank You!

-Jimmy

Hi all, UK New guys here saying hello. Recently joined the UK Garrison and looking for a direction costume wise. Sandie was suggested and really took my eye. Rather bemused by where to start, I was one of those people who though you could buy complete off the shelf :woot: and a bit worried as I have little artistic talent. So any advice and direction is much appreciated.

Hi all! Name's Brad, and I guess I'm the FNG. Just got approved 2 days ago as a TI-Reserve Pilot and I am so excited for the fun that lies ahead. As I said in my other post, wanting to get something going on the ground when I'm not pulling a vacuum. I just fired off an email to ATA about some set information to see what's in the realm of possibilities. Having to budget things a bit and I know even with ATA it will take awhile, may have to get things literally a piece at a time but I don't want it to take TOO long. Moving to an townhouse at the end of the month, so won't exactly have much to work with in the way of space and tools except maybe an Xacto knife and some paint and velcro and maybe the kitchen table or the small patio. That or I'll just find a garrison member who can give me a hand.

I am a dispatcher for my state highway patrol, and also a volunteer firefighter, trying to get on paid somewhere at least part time, or out on the road as a police officer. I am also a Master Mason.

See you all out on the sands soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I'm still a cadet for my garrison, Garrison Carida, and have only squired once so far. I plan on squiring a bit more before I troop though. I'm currently working on my kit and buying the needed accessories as I have the money. My dream is to first become a police officer, then hopefully a member of SWAT.

See you around

Hi, I am Colleen (aka weena) TD 8638

I am from De Pere, WI (right next to Green Bay)

My armour is complete, my husband did a great job with it. I have done 2 offical troops with the WI Garison.

Hi all! Name's Brad, and I guess I'm the FNG. Just got approved 2 days ago as a TI-Reserve Pilot and I am so excited for the fun that lies ahead. As I said in my other post, wanting to get something going on the ground when I'm not pulling a vacuum. I just fired off an email to ATA about some set information to see what's in the realm of possibilities. Having to budget things a bit and I know even with ATA it will take awhile, may have to get things literally a piece at a time but I don't want it to take TOO long. Moving to an townhouse at the end of the month, so won't exactly have much to work with in the way of space and tools except maybe an Xacto knife and some paint and velcro and maybe the kitchen table or the small patio. That or I'll just find a garrison member who can give me a hand.

I am a dispatcher for my state highway patrol, and also a volunteer firefighter, trying to get on paid somewhere at least part time, or out on the road as a police officer. I am also a Master Mason.

See you all out on the sands soon!

Brad,

Nice to see you here. You will find ATA is cracking armour if you are on a budget. And just take your time with everything else, put away what little you can each month to get the bits you need and slowly build up your stuff. That's exactly what I did and I eventually made it all the way to SWAT.

Need any help, just holla!!!

Nick

Help my name is Aaron I just recently got turned on to the 501st at comicon here in Phoenix. I have purchased an armor Kit and in the process of building a sandtrooper. I look forward to getting geared up and deployed.

welcome aboard Aaron...we are here to help :)

Thanks for the welcome dirty boy it was not meant to say help but hello and i'm sur e I will need help along my build. And if there are members in Phoenix or surrounding area that are willing to give advice and or help that would rock.