New Users, introduce yourselves here!

SethB6025

Hello troopers! I'm taking the plunge and going dirty! I dumped my old FX kit and picked me up an AP kit. Already watching the threads for my Captain's pack from QM and Hyperfirm DLT-19 from Sci-Fire. Pouches are also covered. Hope I can make SWAT, but first I need to get deployed as an officer! MEPD has great references and I've already had a great experience and I've only just joined today. This place is awesome!!!

Welcome to the sandpit brother!!! great choice going to the dirty side of the imperial galaxy!!! we welcome you!

Hey! My name is Daphne (I go by the username Funky Buns). I'm working on a sandtrooper costume. I mostly do Rebel costumes, and this will be my first full set of armor. Woooooo! I know I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here on the forum, and hopefully getting to know some of you.

wait....NO GIRLS ALLOWED!!!! Just Kidding Daphne!!! Welcome to the Dunes!!!!! "youve got questions???? weve got answers" :)

hey guys,

i've been lurking around MEPD.net for a while now... because of a recent surge in TD activity in my garrison, i am more motivated and determined to join your ranks.

see ya around,

Hello troopers! I'm taking the plunge and going dirty! I dumped my old FX kit and picked me up an AP kit. Already watching the threads for my Captain's pack from QM and Hyperfirm DLT-19 from Sci-Fire. Pouches are also covered. Hope I can make SWAT, but first I need to get deployed as an officer! MEPD has great references and I've already had a great experience and I've only just joined today. This place is awesome!!!

Rolando..in the hizzy. Welcome to MEPD dude, glad to see you dumped left those shiny pencil pushers. Time to get back on the street.

Hey! My name is Daphne (I go by the username Funky Buns). I'm working on a sandtrooper costume. I mostly do Rebel costumes, and this will be my first full set of armor. Woooooo! I know I'll probably be asking a lot of questions here on the forum, and hopefully getting to know some of you.

Dude, how can you not be down with someone named Funky Buns. All hail Funky Buns!

Hi,

I'm a 501st member who just moved from Florida to Texas and with that change I want to expand my trooping choices. I picked up an ATA set a long time ago to do a TK but I've only trooped with dirties. It makes a strong impression. Hopefully I can get together with a local armorer to help me get suited up and I'll definitely come around here often.

Hi,

I'm a 501st member who just moved from Florida to Texas and with that change I want to expand my trooping choices. I picked up an ATA set a long time ago to do a TK but I've only trooped with dirties. It makes a strong impression. Hopefully I can get together with a local armorer to help me get suited up and I'll definitely come around here often.

Welcome to Texas, Star Garrison, and MEPD.

Hey everyone, I have just gotten serious about my Trooping desires. I've been keeping an eye on the 501st since I was in middle school and now that I have a steady income, it is time to get building.

My goal is a TD suit by May 2012 and make it MEPD deployable (Police Officer, only)...I'm getting married in November so that is putting a strain on my wallet and time at the moment. I'm looking to join up with the Carolina Garrison as soon as possible and have made a few connections there already.

It is great to see all of the helpful advice on the forum and I'm sure I will have a lot of questions to get started. Maybe the first is: what can I start working on now? ... what are the cheaper investments I can make while I bide my time waiting to order the armor? ...backpack? boots? gloves?

Glad to be among friends!

-Jim

Maybe the first is: what can I start working on now? ... what are the cheaper investments I can make while I bide my time waiting to order the armor? ...backpack? boots? gloves?

Backpack isn't "cheaper" for sure. It's cheaper than armor, but not a "get while you're waiting" item.

Blaster (can be.)

Boots for sure.

Gloves for sure.

Paints & supplies for sure.

Backpack isn't "cheaper" for sure. It's cheaper than armor, but not a "get while you're waiting" item.

Blaster (can be.)

Boots for sure.

Gloves for sure.

Paints & supplies for sure.

Thanks Bluey. If I'm not going SWAT, does my blaster have to match with the type of backpack? ...for example, if it is a "move along" pack, can it just be an E11 blaster, or does it need to be the extended rifle?

Thanks Bluey. If I'm not going SWAT, does my blaster have to match with the type of backpack? ...for example, if it is a "move along" pack, can it just be an E11 blaster, or does it need to be the extended rifle?

Yeah, doesn't need to match unless you're doing SWAT. B)

Welcome brotha... glad you to see you finally made it to the sand pit, MEPD has a bunch of great people here.. if you need any help just ask and im sure someone will more then willing to help you or you can just call me :Pim calling you right now lol, good luck with the build bro

Well , a slip of the Dremel and here I am. Working on trimming my bucket when the Dremel took a hop. Scratched the area around one of the eyes. I've read about making an ABS paste and filling it in, but think it would look better with some dirt. I have never trooped before but think it would be a blast. There is a comic con happening next month where I hope to meet some of the locals and see what's going on. I have some current projects that are going to keep me from getting any armor until next year, so I'm just researching and planning. I have already found a ton of great info here. See you on the forums!

Graham

Go Dirty or Go Home

Hi there my fellow troopers in arms.

I've just joined and can wait for my kit.

I'm based in Kent in the UK. Any UK friends/allies out there.

Hey Adam!!! welcome to the MEPD man....lots of guys from the UK here that are totally willing to help out. If you need anything give us a shout!

Hey all, Im looking into getting into trooping. Im obviously a Star Wars fan but even more so love dirtbikes trucks or anytihng else i cna play with in the dirt, so building a TD was an obvious fit. Im currently in Afghanistan but hoping to build my armor when I return.

Wanted to drop by and say hello from the great state of Texas!!! I finally finished my build and was approved today.

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=11697&costumeID=2

Will be posting my pictures up later tonight for deployment status. I have been wanting to be a Sandtrooper for a long time and definitely worth the wait!