Two pink lines on a stick

Zon

The first day I just thought she wasn't feeling well, maybe it was something she ate. The next couple days I was worried that she had caught something. Two pink lines on a stick explained the upset stomach and with that, and a doctors appointment a couple weeks later we confirmed that I'm gonna be a Dad. :blink: :blink: :blink:

We're both really excited. And by excited I mean my wife is really excited and I'm completely terrified.

Either way... Here we go!

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Now I just need to wait long enough to find out if I'm decorating the bedroom in star wars pink or star wars blue. My wife wants to paint trees and such. I might just have to sneak in an ewok here and there.

Congratulations! You should consider yourself lucky actually. As some people that want kids can't have kids for a variety of reasons (finances, career, health, medical, etc.)

It's a blessing, treat him / her as such and I'm sure they will bring your family a lot of joy. :)

congrats man!!! there is absolutely nothing more rewarding in life than what you are about to experience. the love you have for your child is uncomparable to anything else in the world. as you watch them grow you think....wow can it ever be better than this?? plus it gives you another reason to dress up and have more toys around the house :)

plus it gives you another reason to dress up and have more toys around the house :)

Oh yeah! I didn't think about that. I wonder how many times I can say, "yeah, this new figure, it's actually for the baby" before she catches on. :P

Terry, regarding what you said, we do feel unbelievably lucky and especially blessed. We're not gonna take it for granted.

Again thanks everyone for the kind words. MEPD really is a one of a kind place!

Congrats! Well, if those are all the symptoms then you're doing well. I remember my wife calling me on my cell and swearing, then hanging up, then calling again crying and swearing. "Pee on the stick!" I told her, and it confirmed what I had already guessed.

Your life will never be the same. Yes, the lows will be lower than before kids, but the highs...will be happier than you can imagine and makes the lows worth it.

Congrats :salute:

Congrats! Well, if those are all the symptoms then you're doing well. I remember my wife calling me on my cell and swearing, then hanging up, then calling again crying and swearing. "Pee on the stick!" I told her, and it confirmed what I had already guessed.

Your life will never be the same. Yes, the lows will be lower than before kids, but the highs...will be happier than you can imagine and makes the lows worth it.

Congrats :salute:

Yikes! Gotta love those emotions running wild. I'm sure I'll get my fill of that.

Thank you!!

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Now I just need to wait long enough to find out if I'm decorating the bedroom in star wars pink or star wars blue. My wife wants to paint trees and such. I might just have to sneak in an ewok here and there.

WoodChuck here. Congrats on the Dad gig. new babies are cute, espiecally at the six week point when they first open their eyes.......

Oh Wait! that's puppies.never mind, Enjoy your fatherhood, it is life changing in the best of ways.

Thank you guys!

I've waited a couple weeks but an instruction manual hasn't shown up in the mail yet. When can I expect that? :)

Ummm babies usually don't come with an instruction book.... :blink:

But there are plenty of books for new parents out there! Go to the library and you could probably find what you need...cheaper that buying the book!

Usually there are 3 things to kn ow about babies..

1. Keep them properly dressed for the temperature.

2. Keep them dry, which means frequent diaper changes please! We don't want diaper rash! :(

3. Keep them properly fed..Babies will let you know when they are hungry or when they are full. It's a good idea to get a lot of burp bibs, and also keep plenty of clean bottles and nipples on hand for bottle feeding if you go that route.....if the Baby eats at Mom's (Breast feed)...no problem!

Diana (ShortTrooper )

Actually there is a fantastic instruction book called "What to Expect, the First Year". I found that pretty much every piece of advice was spot on. My wife would get frustrated when I'd be able to handle the baby better than her and my response was "it's in the book".

Seriously.

Another good rule is "Never wake a sleeping baby". That was from my Mom, and I went against it to my dismay. It turned out to be true.

Another was : "Never give them something you'll have trouble taking away". It's easy to spoil the first child, but if you follow the book life will be easy. For instance, at one year old, the binky and bottles go away, cold turkey. They did it at our kids daycare and the kids fussed for a few days then were fine. It was always strange to me to see some 2 year old with a binky. Ugh :(

Ummm babies usually don't come with an instruction book.... :blink:

Diana (ShortTrooper )

Yeah, I know. It was supposed to be a joke :P .

We've actually got a couple of books and thanks to my parents there are probably about 37 more on the way. I do appreciate the advice though.

It was always strange to me to see some 2 year old with a binky. Ugh :(

I didn't think it got weird until around age 15 or 16 :lol:

I'll have to look when she gets home but I think the book you mentioned (What to expect..) is the one my wife is reading right now.

I didn't think it got weird until around age 15 or 16 :lol:

I'll have to look when she gets home but I think the book you mentioned (What to expect..) is the one my wife is reading right now.

I know a person, that at age 21, was still drinking from a baby bottle whenever she was tired or sad.

That is just plain weird.

Saludos.