Bee Stinger Faucet Covers No More

Quartermaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a silly question: is it not possible to make a mould and thermoforming this item? I would make it if a had the ressources. But in my unknowing eyes it looks easy to accomplish this....sorry friend...just a silly question;-)

Nathan, is there a contact number on that sticker on the side of it? Lol

If not, you could mold it..... Hint hint! Lol

cover1_zps813ba940.jpg

A quick google search resulted in the standard sites.

It comes up as an item #1950, but I'm guessing it's been replaced with the newer versions.

http://www.nationwide-products.com/winterizationmadeeasy/index.html#durablecover

Well, I have made contact with the owner of nationwide products. He is going to check and see if he has any of the old style covers remaining, and if not. If he could do a run, just for us! Wish US luck!

If someone could get one or a few, I could cast it. I have two vac tables and am building a real one that will hopefully be done later this year. But this would be relatively easy to do. And if anyone has seen my pack build thread, I still don't have this item yet.

Anyway,

Then perhaps a slush cast mold? These are hard to find now, I still don't have one. I have been considering modeling it and printing it out to cast. Does anyone have an extra? Or better yet, has anyone modeled one I can print?

What if you vacuum pulled half of the part from the back and front?

It wouldn't be very tall. It would just be a little extra work in putting the clamshells together, filling in the seems and painting.

Since its all supposed to be weathered anyway it doesn't have to be perfect.

Just a thought.

Even though that sounds like a possible solution, it would be a fair amount of work. A slush cast would probably work. Does anyone have actual dimensions that they can post with pictures? It looks fairly easy to model and I can print one and go from there. I still do not have one of these. I am reluctant to order online from Home Depot since I have heard here that people order them and get the triangle ones instead....

Anyway.....

Yeah I've spent a decent amount of time searching online and called local hardware stores in my area. More mom & pop stores than the likes of Lowes or Home Depot and nobody seems to have the old style. I found a site where they had the old style listed separately from the new style. Even had a different product #. Ordered it aaaaaaand pyramid :(.

Gary - I've got one that I haven't installed yet. I can get the dimensions for you.

If we are going to have to start molding something them maybe we make some improvements to it. I'll let the experts here post on the possible curvature at the top and the "nipple" on the bottom a few other items we may need to add.

That sounds like a great idea! I know someone found a similar item being the canteen. Although it does look like a close match, I have to admit I don't really see it. But then again, I have not been looking at these packs as long as a lot of the guys here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm not finding these either. I've tried both online and local. Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, Tru-Value. Nothing. Found one on Ebay that looked right. Cost $10 so I thought it must be the old style (new ones go for less than $4 EVERYWHERE)....nope, pyramid.

I even bought a bunch of balsa in hopes of carving one up. Decided my skills are too weak for that, given the curves and radii and whatnot.

Hopefully someone can come up with another option....soon!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I found some! :woot:

I stopped by a local hardware store near my work and bought every one they had. The funny part is it didn't even phase my wife when I walked in with a bag full of these and told her it was for "Star Wars stuff". :no: I will make them available in the supply depot in the next day or two.