*ACTIVATED* TD-5996 / SIR DAVID / SWAT OFFICER # 005

sir david

Hey Dave,

Still no sign of the other boots yet? That's a bit worrying :huh:

The progress is really coming along - it can't be far off now!

Sorry for being a bit of a stranger of late. Drop me a PM or call me if you need photos taken etc etc. I'll try and pop round after work or something.

Looking good bro ;)

Smally.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got some more boots anyway buddy, a good thing i did too! everything juan asked for is now done mate, just the pics now :) but if you want to pop round for a cup of tea and a chat,brad,then youre more than welcome bro! :)

hey guys,i'm back with a few more pics!!! ;) i have fitted the shins on top of the boots so you can see how the boot weathering matches up with the shin armour :)

i also put waist armour and left thigh so you can see how the pouch looks :) ( the latter pics are blurry a little as my 10 year old son,and galactic academy cadet,andy took these pics.... he tried his best !,bless him! :) )

let me know what you think please guys :)

the boots with shin armour on top....

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the pouch shots.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was wearing black jogging pants in the pics just in case anyone thought my undersuit was a bit baggy !!! lol! :P hope this is satisfactory as far as the mods go juan? :) ......

oh.... and :popcorn:;)

Very nice!! :) I can't wait to hear the verdict! :lol:

it will happen eventually miranda! i wasn't expecting this to be a walk in the park! the staff have to maintain the high standards and attention to detail that SWAT status demands -and rightly so too! :) but, so far, its been a really enjoyable,and educational project for me! yeah, i had to put in a lot of work! ,but, i am happy knowing that i have done the best i can , with what i have,to do the original 76' troopers homage ! :)B).... and also, juan has been there for me with tips, suggestions, and support pretty much from day one! ( as my self confidence was at a real low ebb,he helped me to boost my self belief again! B) )

.....i'll be really sad when this project is eventually all over! :( , ......i have really enjoyed doing this .... its brought some positivity back into my life!!!! :)

and thanx also to everyone who has supported me in my quest so far .... especially.....TD4128 - LEIGH LEWIS (for the inspiration,and being my bro),ANTHONY FORREST (76'weathering tips and advice) SMALLY - (for the kind gift of the armour and lid,and being my bro), JK007 (for the kind gift of the ammo pouch ,and being my bro) ,BILLHAG ( for the kind gift of the latex handplates,and being my bro)andDAVE MARS (various help,pics,and being my bro)!....i wouldnt be here aiming for this goal if it wasnt for you guys! thanks so much! it really means a lot to me!

anyway guys, last pics to do tomorrow (unless its raining lol! ) :popcorn::popcorn:

Dave as Smally said close bro so close you will be in the locker room soon bud. ;)

No probs with the pouch its the way it should be Bro's helping Bro's. :D:salute:

Waiting is the worst part Dave,armour looking good.

thanx jason! :) i appreciate that the waiting is part of any clearance bro !. the staff guys must be inundated with p.m's,clearance (approval) pics and submissions, and, also general forum business to deal with,as well as having regular jobs,kids,partners,family, and general stuff in life going on! :) i'm not so impatient now bro! (actually, i wish someone would find more things to correct,so i can keep the enjoyment of this project going a little longer! :) lol! ;) ) I JUST LOVE BUILDING STUFF! :)

on a positive note though,..... i will be back again in a few months trying for SWAT status again ....... but this time i'll be doing dave marsden's gear !!!! :) (TD5423 - DAVE MARS)

so, i'll have this enjoyable , educational experience all over again! :)B)

Hey Bro

You'll have your full clearance pics this time tomorrow Posted Image

You've worked ******* this project and its a well deserved SWAT clearance!

Good Luck!!!!

Really looking forward to trooping with You, Brad and Jason again!

See ya tomorrow!

Hey Dave!

This is looking great.

You`ve got all the gear ready and up to standars.

Now is just a matter of having the pictures taken and posted.

One little thing to consider for the pictures: The Spanish pouch could hang a bit higher, closer to the lower edge of the belt. The top of the pouch should closely meet the lower edge of the belt.

Other than that, I guess you are ready.

:D

Saludos...

hey guys!!! :) here are the final four pics as requested by noel :) (and it DID rain too!) lol! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oh ... and just for all you guys...from me......

Posted Image

:):):):)

just read your post juan! i'll alter the strap length and arrange more pics :) will i need to kit up again or can i just take a pic of me wearing the belt showing the shorter strap ?? :)

ive done the mod and got a pic anyway guys! :)

Posted Image

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:;):P

This has been a looong road.

Since your first statement about SWAT status a couple of months ago on facebook, to your final submission pictures a day ago, a lot has happened to your armor!

Now it looks even better!

I specially like how you tried to emulate all the techniques and little details that made ANH production armor special in a wonky style.

A big kudos also for you modifying many of the parts several times to achieve better resemblance of screen used props, and not settling with just enough but walking the extra mile.

Every TD armor has a story to tell, yours tells a story of commitment, love to a character and brotherhood!

Congrats bro!!

It is my honor to say you are now officially deployed as a MEPD SWAT Team Officer.

Here is your link.

Send me or Bluey the picture you want for your SWAT profile. But, I am sorry, It must be a full color picture since we need to keep the site/ gallery scheme and standard. I trust it will be no problem.

Big Congrats bro!

Saludos

Juan