*DONE* TD-7107 Requesting Deployment

Hi guys,

I figure I will post up my pics for approval. I also send in my pictures for 501st approval yesterday to my LMO so my "TD" status is pending. I figure I just get 2 balls rolling at ones *giggles* :lol:

Anyway, here for your enjoyment and critical eye and words of encouragement and improvement... the photos for my MEPD approval to become an officer in your ranks :)

Miranda McHenry

TD 7107 (TD status pending approval)

Spoox

Alaskan Outpost

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you can see the detail of the white shoulder strap and that it is indeed white elastic, and the tube stripes are the correct blue

Posted Image

Shot of the inside of helmet to show green lenses and cut out teeth

Posted Image

Some action shots:

I'm watchin' youuuuu

Posted Image

Coulda sworn I saw that darn droid in there?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Aaaaaaand.... me!

Posted Image

Armor is mainly FX that I rebuild and modded to become acceptable for TD by cutting out the ab detail and rebuild it to the TD details:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The shins and biceps are AM. The upper thighs were the hardest to modify since being female and having thunder thighs I had to do a lot of shimming. I tried to modify the shimming and make it as much invisible as possible and I guess it doesn't look too bad. I reshaped to top front of the thighs a bit as I never liked the FX shape.

I also reshaped the bottom of the AB plate of the FX some and used the heat sealer tool to re-bend the edge.

My guns:

T-21:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My E-11:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My pouches:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope these are enough pictures :lol: I am excited and I am hoping to do a 1 Mile walk this Saturday in the suit for a charity already! Hopefully as a TD! haha

Thank you for looking and thank you all for the support during my build!! :wub:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt plate? That's no problem! I will take a pic of that tomorrow :)

I talked to my membership officer and he said he was sure of my approval but he will be out of town until Friday.

Crazy day today and no one around to take pictures so I had to take some clumsy self pics with my cell phone lol! :lol:

Anyway, I hope these will work haha

apologies for the messy girl cave room in the back ground!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very good job Miranda!!!

Man you look good in that armor! :salute:

One thing you could do for more accuracy — which would be needed if you were doing SWAT but isn't really for Officer — is to cut the ends of the plastic part of the belt so they're at an angle.

One other thing, that you will need to do as far as the belt goes, is try and get it ABOVE the but plate. This is something that the 501st is supposed to require even...

From the CRL

The top of the butt plate should below the bottom of the belt, with minimal gap between it and the kidney plate.

From looking at your armor it looks to me like you can wear your belt "higher" anyway. You don't have to see the whole bottom of the ab box and 3 button area. They can go "under" the belt a little in fact.

Or, that last picture you look of your butt-plate separation may not be an accurate representation of how you wear the belt... because on the pics up top it looks like it is in fact above the butt-plate. I can't tell. Anyway... worst case scenario is you could "fake it" for the pictures. B) haha

All in all though you're looking great!!!

lol, I was actually having my belt extra loose so I could push it down and show the separation for the picture. I was being very clumsy trying to take a self picture :lol:

When I wear the armor in a normal way you can't really see the gap because it sits right under the belt. I guess I could trim the butt plate a little so you would be able to see it?

wow going for Swat?? me?? I wasn't really thinking about that haha.

I just now noticed that the corners of my belt are more rounded! :blink: I will fix that asap!

Squared off the corners on the belt:

Posted Image

Also trimmed butt plate some so the trim line sits more below the belt and is more visible:

Posted Image

:wub:

Squared off the corners on the belt:

Posted Image

Also trimmed butt plate some so the trim line sits more below the belt and is more visible:

Posted Image

:wub:

Hey Miranda, I was reading where you talked about widening the back of the thigh armor out and using plastic. In this picture I see what you mean. Something you can do, to hide the rear part of the thigh even more, where it is put together... If you have a flat piece of ABS, the same thickness as the material, cut a piece now to fit in the valley on the rear of the thigh, glue it in place, then use the shavings method to make a plastic paste and fill in the small gaps, then smooth and sand. Just an idea down the road if you ever want to hide the small valley made with the plastic on the back sides of your thigh armor. It will just look like a smooth piece of plastic. :D I use this trick quite often when building armor for other people, who I have to widen just a bit. Works great. then you can put a strip on top to make it look like it was assembled like the movie.

I am hoping to get my hands on a set of AM thighs eventually since I should be able to fit those according to the measurements. Plus I am still losing weight so that helps too haha :)

I am hoping to get my hands on a set of AM thighs eventually since I should be able to fit those according to the measurements. Plus I am still losing weight so that helps too haha :)

Hey not to say anything bad about armor, but after working with it on a kit recently, I would stay with what you have. What I found was the the AM armor was to squared, instead of uniformly shaped. It was very hard to work with, and had to reshape alot, to get it to fit correctly. Just an FYI The fronts wer shaped well, then the sides went straight back, making very elongated pieces, without reshaping.

I think you are very good, now. Just some minor tweeking.... :duim:

Thanks Trooper1,

I might have to keep that in mind then about the AM.... The angle of the self pic has a lot of shading so you really see the shimming badly in that photo but it is not as bad as it looks. I used putty to make the edge somewhat invisible and looking at it more straight it looks decent. Not perfect I guess. If I can drop about 3 more inches of my legs I could go for the RT I guess :)