*ACTIVATED* TD-3936 / TROOPER1 / SWAT OFFICER # 002

trooper1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I feel your pain. This SWAT application is much harder than I had anticipated! :lol:

Keep going mate - your kit is looking A+ - seriously!

LOL :D Thank You my friend, but this is sort of like Navy Seal training and I am about to ring the bell. :lol::lol: Not because I want to, but. Fix, change, :6:

I have TE2/TM armor on my TK and I think I am about to start on it to finish the Centurian.

Not alot to do to finish it, just wanted this so much first.

It is like fishing for a big Marlin. Reel him to the boat, and he takes off with alot line from the drag. Reel him in again, and out again he goes. Either he or I am going to wear out first and he will either break the line or I will get him in the boat. :lol:B)

Hope to see you at the SWAT gates soon as well! Maybe. :lol::lol:

It is like fishing for a big Marlin. Reel him to the boat, and he takes off with alot line from the drag. Reel him in again, and out again he goes. Either he or I am going to wear out first and he will either break the line or I will get him in the boat. :lol:B)

Just think how good you will feel when you have got it all right and the guys say, "accepted for SWAT" though Jay. This is an immense amount of work you have put in, both yourself smaly, and Rolf have inspired me fully to get my armour up to this standard when I finally get it.

Well done to all.

Nick

Just think how good you will feel when you have got it all right and the guys say, "accepted for SWAT" though Jay. This is an immense amount of work you have put in, both yourself smaly, and Rolf have inspired me fully to get my armour up to this standard when I finally get it.

Well done to all.

Nick

Thank You very much Nick for the words of encouragement.

I have like many, been very anal.. :lol: in my quest. I am like that in all that I do. Maybe thats why my firefighters like me so well?? :blink: Or hate me. :lol:

I am used to making a plan, and following a plan. Not used to jumping back and forth. Thats why I have been getting so wore out. :lol: Well, got my second wind, and cut the thigh strips and filled.

One thing that works well is Lacquer thinner, and abs shavings. Work wonderfully.

Pics to come after it dries a bit.

:D

Dryed and weathered. Rolf here you go.. LOL

Posted Image

I can retake pics again today, and look into the strip on the leg, but the stick????? WHAT?? lost on this one, the thing on my left as stated in my next post.

You mean the test tube thing, that YOU guys told me was on so I put it on. Juan and Rick ? NOT hard to remove, but PLEASE, come on, if that's what your speaking about.. LOL :D

Your killing me.

it is on there....you can see the top of it poking up

Posted Image

it is on there....you can see the top of it poking up

Posted Image

Thank you Rick! You guys just let me know whether to keep or remove. Your call. I can do either. :duim: I just built it and put it on for you guys,and BAMMMM. Snipered :lol::popcorn:

Hey something else, if its not the tube, than what is it sticking up? Dont see anything else on any of the packs that it could be other than the test tube? It does appear to be smaller diameter, and longer than most of the pics you see looking straight at the tube.

This is a correct observation.

Thank you Rick! You guys just let me know whether to keep or remove. Your call. I can do either. :duim: I just built it and put it on for you guys,and BAMMMM. Snipered :lol::popcorn:

i say keep it. we know that this pack is the "move along" pack prior to the repairs. I think the lab pipe was a standard part of the packs when first assembled. then as a pack became damaged, it was removed. your pack was probably damaged when climbing off the dewback ;)

Just going back to what I originally posted about the references to the Captain pack with the tube, this is what I have regarding this part. I do think you should keep it bro, but at the end, If you think it should not be on it, based on Rolf's references, that would be fine for deployment.

What is accepted or not for the program is all based on References and what can be proven. So... my research only threw this pict:

post-1761-0-18151500-1304438406_thumb.jp

There are some others on Terry's post.

So, so far, I would keep it, but if you decide to take it, it wont stop your deployment.

As Rick said, we are saying this based on the idea/assumption/fact that all the packs had it, and the cptain one was damaged and repaired for the Roadblock scene.

Ok, here is what I could find with a quick search:

Move Along Pack, that is supposed to be the same used by the Look Sir Droids trooper, but prior to repairs.

It does have the tube.

Anyway... I don't know if this should be needed since we CAN'T actually see it on the desert scene.

Opinions?

http://forum.mepd.ne...t=0

Saludos.

I really want to make it clear Jay that this all is been a bit going back and forth cause this is just our second deployment, and we want to make it right, even though it looks like we are hassling with it. Lots of talk and discussion has taken place backstage and we are trying to get you deployed and set another example for everyone as you will most likely will be our second swat team trooper!

Thanks for understanding and for your support bro.

Thank You very much Nick for the words of encouragement.

I have like many, been very anal.. :lol: in my quest. I am like that in all that I do. Maybe thats why my firefighters like me so well?? :blink: Or hate me. :lol:

I am used to making a plan, and following a plan. Not used to jumping back and forth. Thats why I have been getting so wore out. :lol: Well, got my second wind, and cut the thigh strips and filled.

One thing that works well is Lacquer thinner, and abs shavings. Work wonderfully.

Pics to come after it dries a bit.

Dryed and weathered. Rolf here you go.. LOL

Posted Image

Looking good bro :)

To be extra ******* you, most of the joining straps have all cut corners :D

But i guess its a so small thing, it do no matter.

You are soon there bro, i can feel it, hang in there ;)

It's staying

I kind of like it and it's not in the way. Was just throwed off when Rolf brought it up

I´m not sure if the left side wearing it stick are on there, or not.

Its hard to see, as we only see the look sir droid in front in ANH, and from the right side on behind the scene pics.

Only left side shot i got is this one, but i can´t see it from there:

Left side shot.

Posted Image

Also nothing to see on:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/hd_caps/index_3.htm

And:

http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/dashrazor/anh%20hd%20screenshots/?start=0

I guess it could be there, as Rick point out.

Looks theres a black lid/tube sticking up on he´s left side shoulder/behind it:

Posted Image

:wacko: I dont know. LOL What ever you guys decide is GREAT! with me. Just let me know.

:popcorn:

Something I just noticed as well from your pictures. The Look Sir Droids.. trooper is the same person as the Dewback rider.

Why I say. Look at the weathering patterns on the Dewback rider and the trooper holding up the ring... The same. :headphone:

Doesnt really matter, just gives you more to go by later on.

Just an observation you probably already know.

As for the cut corners. They are cut at a 45 degree angle on the tips. I did that with the rest of them to. Just for your Rolf old buddy! :lol::dance::engel: I luv you MAN!!! :salute:

The drewback rider, and the look sir droid are the same trooper aka Davin felth:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/davin_details.htm

Welll Shuckks! I should have brought out my large metal ring I carry around for pictures.

I am in the process now of taking with costume on.

Have someone here getting ready.

Will post up soon.

Well, boss I tried to email you about the background. I hope green will work, this is the only sheet I could find. Now white or gray.

Need to have a professional shoot done some day.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The last one is a little Captain... :pint1: Well, a little better than Captain.

This is for an after party if there is one. :peace:

Those pics should work for me Jay!

If that's what you meant by "green." :duim:

And yes... like Juan said on page #3 of this... you're our SECOND request for SWAT deployment. So there are still a lot of things we're talking about "behind the scenes."

But yes... for all those looking at this thread and thinking of doing SWAT... read this closely... IT... IS... TOUGH!!!!!

We're going to be sticklers on everything we can possibly find!

Oh, and FYI... "ROLFs" actual SWAT application was really over a year in process... since he's part of the command staff he knew the program was coming and was getting his "poodoo" together for months before he posted his deployment request. B)

Plus... he just has dead-on armor. :P

Looking GOOD though Jay!

Stick with us!!!

Don't forget to change your belt and grab some tube socks jay. It's a requirement for swat :) just joking bro....I think your ready

:P:laser::saber_duel: If thats the case I QUIT!! LOL :6::engel::lol:

Its been a long and difficult road, but the path for accuracy always is.

I am really happy to see that all your commitment and great attitude paid off. Your armor looks awesome and from your initial request picts to your final armor all your of work and attention to detail has made a difference and stands out from the rest of the Imperial Troops.

It really looks and feels like a MEPD SWAT officer all the way.

So, without further word, it is my honor to say...

Congratulations Jay, you are now officially deployed as a MEPD SWAT Team Officer.

Click here

And it makes me specially happy to see our Second SWAT officer!

You are continuing to set a very high bar for our program.

Thx for all your patience and great attitude!

Saludos

Juan

I am speechless. Was getting ready to go to bed and my phone beeped, with a great email!

Thank you very much

I now realize that the hard work really paid off.

Thank you all again

Now Rolf, buy me a drink!!!! :pint1::pint1::peace: