Trooper1

Garrison Carida

Trooper emulated: Sergeant Desert Dewback rider or Davin Fealth

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trooper when carrying his blaster

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered.

Yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed.

Yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen.

SERGEANT – White Pauldron TD breakdown

Yes

Pair of 3 Slot pouches from Zadock

Posted Image

Dewback Prod or E-11

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Latex hand guards Karen , and gloves

Posted ImagePosted Image

White Pauldron from ME!

Posted Image

Two snaps and rivet at crotch

Posted Image

TK Boots

Posted Image

Thigh ammo smooth with no rivet

Posted Image

AP helmet with no mesh behind teeth, correct lines and weathering for Davin.

Posted Image

Side gap with 6 smooth rivets spaced evenly

Posted Image

Single snap on right upper quadrant of cod

Posted Image

Correct Backpack with wired radio

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Item not listed but added was the screws to the bottom of the chest piece

Posted Image

All items

Posted Image

Action photo with Prod and E-11

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Locitus

I'm not the super TD expert, but I know a little about TKs and I'd try to make the biceps and forearms a little slimmer, and take off some more of the plastic over and under the boxes on your (right) thigh ammo belt, if I were you. It worked really well for me when I did it.

Looking great otherwise! :)

I'm not the super TD expert, but I know a little about TKs and I'd try to make the biceps and forearms a little slimmer, and take off some more of the plastic over and under the boxes on your (right) thigh ammo belt, if I were you. It worked really well for me when I did it.

Looking great otherwise! :)

Thanks, I will have to look into that. The armor is AP with the correct parts from TM.

forearms, biceps,and lower legs are TM. the forearms cannot come down much more because I cannot get my hand through them. LOL

I will look at the thigh ammo belt as well.

This is not new armor as some of you have purchased. This is the same armor I have had for 2 years that I got deployed with. Just made the changes and added items, and weathering to meet the Swat requirements. Tweeking fit is always an ongoing thought though, and I will always work on that as I wear it.

;) Oh, also have lost some weight over winter in which I didnt need to, and am in the gym now putting it back on. LOL ;)

Thank you sir, I have worked a long time to complete this. As for Locitus and fit of the forearms and biceps. I was bored so took one apart, trimmed, and it does fit snugger. I LIKE.. The biceps I did to. Just fit though, doesnt change my SWAT stuff. :)

Looking very good there Jay! We have been waiting a long time since Rolf for the next SWAT candidate.

Can you post some pics of your

Inner helmet

Shine some light to show your lens are green

Canvas shoulder strap

The back of your sniper kneecap

And lastly, let's wait for Juan's input as well. Good luck! B)

Looking very good there Jay! We have been waiting a long time since Rolf for the next SWAT candidate.

Can you post some pics of your

Inner helmet

Shine some light to show your lens are green

Canvas shoulder strap

The back of your sniper kneecap

And lastly, let's wait for Juan's input as well. Good luck! B)

Oh yeah, thats not a problem. just didnt do that because was told not to post any pictures that were used for deployment. All of those except the sniper knee cap were required for standard deployment status. I still have those photos so not a problem if you want to see them again. Also here is a picture of behind the knee plate. Just glued with Plastic Welder

Lenses are dark green welding

Posted Image

Canvas Straps are made by me

Posted Image

Sniper Knee plate

Posted Image

Guest Locitus

Thank you sir, I have worked a long time to complete this. As for Locitus and fit of the forearms and biceps. I was bored so took one apart, trimmed, and it does fit snugger. I LIKE.. The biceps I did to. Just fit though, doesnt change my SWAT stuff. :)

Cool! I'm glad you like it. :)

Hey Jay,

How are you doing bro?

Just wanted to let you know that I have seen your request and I am reviewing it ATM. I have been very busy on the Dad front this last days, and still am in a way. I will try to give you feedback/get you deployed (whichever the conclusion might be) very soon. Hopefully tonight, or tomorrow tops.

From what I can see, I can tell you you have a GREAT TD. Just need to find a few minutes and check every pict and match it to references. :D

Thx for your understanding and patience.

That is a great looking TD no doubt.

Congrats bro.

Saludos.

Hey Jay. How are you bro?

Thx a lot for your patience and understanding.

Everything is fine over here, just a bit busy.

My father is fine, thx... hehehe. But what I meant was that I was a bit busy being a father. ;) My first baby was born just 2 months ago and she has been very time demanding lately. But everything is great!

I have been checking your pictures and gear every time I have time, going back and forth from your post to references. It is looking great bro. Very cool TD!

For what I can see, there are two different ways to evaluate your TD.

a) "Look sir droids" trooper, or Davin Felth in the dune sea

b )Davin Felth riding dewback in the desert

For both, there are some stuff to clarify, since both configurations are different. Even though they are based on the same armor, bucket and pauldron, the gear and weapons is different. Let me explain...

a) If you were going "Look sir droids", you would need a white pauldron, E11, and a so called "Sgt. pack". The pack should include an air filter, a Stow n Go tupperware and a lab pipe on the side. Also, a green and black dial sticker on the radio.

b ) If you were going with the dewback rider, you would then need a white pauldron, a "Capt. Pack" and a Dewback pod. The thing here is that the dewback rider shots you are referring were take almost no doubt during the first day of shooting at the dunes. There fore, we can easily assume that the Capt. Pack was still not damaged, and that is why we can not see yet the black electrician's tape on the seed trays. Also, most likely, the lab pipe was still on the pack.

We do know that the electricians tape was added later to repair some damage prior to shooting the roadblock scene. It is very probable that the lab pipe was removed from this specific pack during this repairs.

So you should have to remove the tape from the trays and add the lab pipe if you chose to go this way. (Your pack is more in the Move Along Trooper fashion)

But still, there is an issue about this configuration that I would have to have clear by the command staff, or even by membership, and that is that this shots we are using ("Davin" riding a dewback) are not screen grabs or stills from the film, but publicity shots made behing scenes. And the program is based on Screen Sandtroopers. So, honestly, I don't really know if this is a go or a no-go for swat deployment.

Either way you end up going, there is still one more thing I need you to evaluate, and that is your weathering.

I can see, and really like, the distinctive patter across the chest and pauldron of "Davin Felth". I think that regarding shape and texture, you nailed it. What I am concerned is about the rest of the weathering, and how that pattern stands out from it.

What I think you need to do, and after checking lots of references and comparing them to your pictures, is to have a more ANH like base layer for your weathering. I mean, there is too much color on your weathering (tan, brown, even yellowish) and too much shinny white under it. Davin Felth's weathering was more even in a brushed-like pattern, and over it, there is the dark brown/blakish pattern across the chest.

I suugest you to do a more "general" weathering all over your armor, but specially over your chest, with one or a few tones, in a more spreaded organic texture. A good reference I would say is Mike Harrison's iconic TD. Also, you could check out Rolf's or Pandatrooper's weathering. And then, over it, add some raw umber or tan or whatever color you feel is right, to your black pattern. This, to make it stand out as in the original armor, but not stand out with such contrast.

Remember ANH weathering was used a mixture of oil, dirt and probably some paint or shoe polish. But it looked mostly as one color. Just in your specific reference trooper, we can see that pattern in a darker color over the base layer.

Here are some reference that I used and that might help you understand what I mean.

Look how his chest looks all painted up in the b/w picture, but in the color one, it is toned down. That is the look you need to achieve, the all painted up but toned down. That is why I suggest following Mike's style, just make it a bit more saturated.

post-1761-0-11889900-1303832534_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-76540100-1303832518_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-09521800-1303832517_thumb.jp

3 pictures from looksirdroids.com of course. Art, if you want me to download them, I can do it.

:D

So, what do you think bro?

I would like to hear your opinion on all this.

This program is very different from the Deployed Police Officer one. Having to evaluate every single application in a case by case basis is tough and there is a lot of room for debate and discussion. So I would like and actually need to hear your opinion on all this, and it would be great to hear everyone else opinions too.

SWAT is not quiet the next step after Police Officer. This program is meant to give troopers a more challenging goal, but it could be taken as being in a very different direction from the basic deployment program. Lots of mods are requiring, but also it is required to lose some of the character each person gives to its TD armor, to make it look more and more like the ones seen on screen. And that is a tough commitment because of the work it involves and also because the loosing of individuality it involves.

Anyway, I am very happy to finally see a second application for SWAT status, and your armor and gear looks great. Only this few decisions and mods to make and you are done.

GREAT td and great approach!

Pls, let me know if you have any doubts about anything I have said, or if I can be of any help.

Hope to see you as a SWAT soon.

Saludos

Juan

Hey Jay. How are you bro?

Thx a lot for your patience and understanding.

Everything is fine over here, just a bit busy.

My father is fine, thx... hehehe. But what I meant was that I was a bit busy being a father. ;) My first baby was born just 2 months ago and she has been very time demanding lately. But everything is great!

I have been checking your pictures and gear every time I have time, going back and forth from your post to references. It is looking great bro. Very cool TD!

For what I can see, there are two different ways to evaluate your TD.

a) "Look sir droids" trooper, or Davin Felth in the dune sea

b )Davin Felth riding dewback in the desert (Well, I used this as my reference for weathering, since it was the one that look sir droids had most of the reference pics and weathering details for)

For both, there are some stuff to clarify, since both configurations are different. Even though they are based on the same armor, bucket and pauldron, the gear and weapons is different. Let me explain...

a) If you were going "Look sir droids", you would need a white pauldron, E11, and a so called "Sgt. pack". The pack should include an air filter, a Stow n Go tupperware and a lab pipe on the side. Also, a green and black dial sticker on the radio.

b ) If you were going with the dewback rider, you would then need a white pauldron, a "Capt. Pack" and a Dewback pod. The thing here is that the dewback rider shots you are referring were take almost no doubt during the first day of shooting at the dunes. There fore, we can easily assume that the Capt. Pack was still not damaged, and that is why we can not see yet the black electrician's tape on the seed trays. Also, most likely, the lab pipe was still on the pack. (? Assuming? I know I didnt see any screen caps of the lack of tape, or the lab pipe, so my question is how are we assuming that they were there. :huh: If actual pics are available then not a problem to fix, but would like to not assume they were there, and fix by assumption. B) In my business as fire chief to assume is a bad word. LOL Can you advise of screen caps so I know what to look at to fix, this would be a big help. I have been all over the look sir droids site, and on our very own SWAT requirements and cannot find I also just watched that part of the movie 4 times and cannot find it. LOL

We do know that the electricians tape was added later to repair some damage prior to shooting the roadblock scene. It is very probable that the lab pipe was removed from this specific pack during this repairs. Tape removal done, that was easy part.

So you should have to remove the tape from the trays and add the lab pipe if you chose to go this way. (Your pack is more in the Move Along Trooper fashion) (This I was going about from the reference pics for the SWAT deployment.) The tape is done, the lab pipe I am trying to find pics of.

But still, there is an issue about this configuration that I would have to have clear by the command staff, or even by membership, and that is that this shots we are using ("Davin" riding a dewback) are not screen grabs or stills from the film, but publicity shots made behing scenes. And the program is based on Screen Sandtroopers. So, honestly, I don't really know if this is a go or a no-go for swat deployment. ?? Dont we think we should have not put the cart before the horse. LOL LOL Well just let me know. I know a few weeks ago the dewback trooper was asked and bluey said yes, that they would have to come up with a spot for it in the requirements.

Either way you end up going, there is still one more thing I need you to evaluate, and that is your weathering.

I can see, and really like, the distinctive patter across the chest and pauldron of "Davin Felth". I think that regarding shape and texture, you nailed it. What I am concerned is about the rest of the weathering, and how that pattern stands out from it. ( I kind of wonder if part of this is not light? ) I can add more weathering to it, but just didnt want to much. Remember we were in the desert.. Sand, and oil LOL from the machines.)

What I think you need to do, and after checking lots of references and comparing them to your pictures, is to have a more ANH like base layer for your weathering. I mean, there is too much color on your weathering (tan, brown, even yellowish) and too much shinny white under it. Davin Felth's weathering was more even in a brushed-like pattern, and over it, there is the dark brown/blakish pattern across the chest. (Reviewing now)

I suugest you to do a more "general" weathering all over your armor, but specially over your chest, with one or a few tones, in a more spreaded organic texture. A good reference I would say is Mike Harrison's iconic TD. Also, you could check out Rolf's or Pandatrooper's weathering. And then, over it, add some raw umber or tan or whatever color you feel is right, to your black pattern. This, to make it stand out as in the original armor, but not stand out with such contrast. (Will work on this, will have to get some other paints, and have an artist friend of mine take a look at what he thinks I need to do to tone things down.

Remember ANH weathering was used a mixture of oil, dirt and probably some paint or shoe polish. But it looked mostly as one color. Just in your specific reference trooper, we can see that pattern in a darker color over the base layer.

(You lost me on the weathering a bit. I used oil based paints, and yes oil and sand dust, along with burnt umber, and that was it.

Now what I should have done is what my photographer said was used in the film, which was a filter. For a more soft appearance. I will try this and send you another pic later.)

Here are some reference that I used and that might help you understand what I mean.

Look how his chest looks all painted up in the b/w picture, but in the color one, it is toned down. That is the look you need to achieve, the all painted up but toned down. That is why I suggest following Mike's style, just make it a bit more saturated.

( I did) LOL I think it was alot of bad light but will take again after toning down more.) Just dont want to get to much. LOL

post-1761-0-11889900-1303832534_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-76540100-1303832518_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-09521800-1303832517_thumb.jp

3 pictures from looksirdroids.com of course. Art, if you want me to download them, I can do it.

So, what do you think bro?

I would like to hear your opinion on all this.

This program is very different from the Deployed Police Officer one. Having to evaluate every single application in a case by case basis is tough and there is a lot of room for debate and discussion. So I would like and actually need to hear your opinion on all this, and it would be great to hear everyone else opinions too.

(Some items here I can understand, but are very OPEN to interpretation, but others I cannot. The weathering I can change a bit, but each camera, and background is going to change the appearance of the picture taken, so this I dont totally agree with but will change it. For instance I could have used a darker background with softer artificial light and changed the pictures completely, instead of the white drywall background. The part about assuming that something was present does worry me a bit, because the standards written do not show these. I dont know what to add if its not present on film, pictures, or in the standards. I can add them though

SWAT is not quiet the next step after Police Officer. This program is meant to give troopers a more challenging goal, but it could be taken as being in a very different direction from the basic deployment program. Lots of mods are requiring, but also it is required to lose some of the character each person gives to its TD armor, to make it look more and more like the ones seen on screen. And that is a tough commitment because of the work it involves and also because the loosing of individuality it involves. I agree, from the time I started over two years ago this is the character I was trying to portray, so I understand.

Anyway, I am very happy to finally see a second application for SWAT status, and your armor and gear looks great. Only this few decisions and mods to make and you are done.

GREAT td and great approach!

Pls, let me know if you have any doubts about anything I have said, or if I can be of any help.

Hope to see you as a SWAT soon.

Saludos

Juan

I have posted comments and questions above, but will work on what you have requested, and get back with you. I too would like to hear comments about the items above, just to know others feelings. I know I was a little distraut when I first read, and have since realized I would not want your job having to set precidence on things. Wheeewww This kind of thing is so open to interpretation, the weathering that is, and to many variables can play into weathering depending on the artist, photographer and person wearing the suit, that I would go insane. :lol::lol: Mu HAHAHAHAH I am glad you are the judge. LOL

I will work on what you requested, just please advise on the test tube, I have yet to see it anywhere.

thanks / I am now headed for other paints and a filter from my photographer. :D

Jay

He´s pack is all right i guess.

Both the look sir droid trooper, and the drewback trooper have the same move a long back pack on.

But whit out the black tape as you post above on the blue tray:

Look sir droids trooper:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drewback trooper:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its the captain, whit the look sir droid trooper there have the so called sergeant oil filter pack on:

Posted Image

Jay´s suit looks good i think.

I see a few things as our beloved DO also point out, maybe upgrade the weathering a bit.

Its a AP right, so its no way near as accurate as a ANH TM suit.

But i still think we shall allow other good suits like TE line age suits, AP etc.

I´m not sure if we also wanna see accurate strapping for SWAT deployment.

I guess not for now, as long as all the dots and snaps out side are accurate in the right places etc.

Over and out for now, hope to see you by my side real soon bro :)

Hey Jay,

Thx for your reply and understanding.

Yes, this is a very tuff job... Much more than I anticipated...

But still is challenging and fun for me, hopefully, it is for you too.

Anyway... I have just read your questions and believe me bro, I have the same doubts you have. I do know the answers for some stuff, some others, I need to find out, hopefully together with you bro.

Assuming is indeed a bad thing in my interpretation of things. But, we do have lots of knowledge on this 6 parts of film history (meaning the packs) and those 6 suits. So it is not very difficult to assume and hit the target with them. The most difficult part might be just what you said, we do not have actual pictures of the backpack, on that specific trooper. But we do have pictures of that backpack on that day on some other's back. So, that is why I felt strong assuming in this case.

So. I would say, don´t do any major mod on your armor or gear just yet, other than the tape or maybe the tube. Give some time to the rest of the brotherhood and also the command staff to check your application and my comments. Lets hear what they have to say and come to conclusions later.

After all, it is OUR program (of all of us at the MEPD) and we all have a voice on it . Right?

About the weathering, it would be great if you could take some pictures of your armor (probably just the chest plate and helmet, on sunlight or whatever. So we can see it in different lights and backgrounds.

And give me a few hours, I will come back and explain better what I wanted to tell you regarding the weathering and even post some references. Maybe it is all done, maybe a few mods will be needed. We will see :D

Thx bro.

Saludos

Juan

WOW!!

THX Rolf...

I dont know how I missed that.

I made sure to see all available references from Art's site, my own references, watched the movie and even googled it. But I guess I focused on the dewback rider's and not on the Look Sir Droids pack.

Sorry for that, my mistake Jay.

So, what about the lab pipe then?

I think I can find a reference of that same pack with it. Just not in this specific scene or even trooper.

Let me check out and Ill come back later.

About Rolf's strapping and armor questions, the answer would be...

Yes, TE lineage armor is fine. No need for the ubber accurate TM one's.

And, No, no need for the strapping system to be ANH or even function similarly. Just need to nail the look on the outside of the armor.

So, main thing here would be: weathering.

Lets see those new pictures if possible and hear some more opinions.

Is that fine with you Jay?

Thx a lot bro.

And Thx a lot too Rolf!

Saludos

Remember to drill the small hole over the canister on the side tube on the back pack:

(here the move a long captain pack, the same pack, but later here whit the black tape on, i´m pretty sure its the same pack we see on the lok sir droids & the drewback rider trooper)

Posted Image

You are all most there bro:

Posted Image