My Sandtrooper build (TM)

Elder

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Straping system. Adjustable "suspenders" are attached to the AB and Kidney plate (crossed at the back). The elastic (canvas not yet attached) between Chest and Back plate (snap/snap) will be attached to the suspenders using velcro (currently taped). At the bottom the elastics holding the thighs are visable (snap at the AB, velcro at the thigh).

Posted Image

Straping system (unfolded). Elastic between Kidney and Back plate (snap/velcro). Non elastic between Kidney and Butt plate (snap/snap). Elastic between AB and Kidney (snap/snap). Right side closes with velcro, left side is closed with 3 non elastics (snap/snap).

Posted Image

Shoulder bells and biceps. Nylon ribbon connecting the two bells behind my neck (attached with snaps at both ends). Bicep is attached to the bell with an elastic ribbon (snap in the bell and velcro for easy adjustement in the bicep)

Posted Image

The completed helmet (still working on the inside)! All handpainted except the stripes.

Posted Image

Update:

Belt, sniper knee and handplates not yet mounted. Still waiting on my pouches (any day now).

Posted Image

Pauldron test. Now I only need to cut and sand in a few spots where the pieces pinch.

Posted Image

Hey you, YES YOU!

Posted Image

As someone mentioned, I have a "sleepy look" on the eyes. Its all by "design" but is it too much?

Yeah, thas because you've left pretty much plastic on the upper side of the eyes. But I think you should leave it, not every helmet should look the same, I would just trim one of the eyes a bit to give it an even more asymmetrical look.

The Movie helmets weren't cut perfectly, too. I also did it with my TM bucket and I think that it looks good :)

Looks A+ Henrik, congrats from here, you made it.

Now to the fun part, the dirty work.

Enjoy the suit :)

Thnx Rolf,

Coming from someone as experienced as you, it makes me very happy. Its been fun building and Ive learnt alot (what to do and what NOT to do on the next suit).

Your weathering looks smashing Rolf - I think thats where I'll go for inspiration :D

Man!

This armor is looking really amazing.

Congrats.

About the sleepy eye, I use my right eye like that too. But the left is wide open.

For me, it was a Move Along thing.

Yours look really cool too. It adds character to your TD!

Saludos.

Thnx Rolf,

Coming from someone as experienced as you, it makes me very happy. Its been fun building and Ive learnt alot (what to do and what NOT to do on the next suit).

Your weathering looks smashing Rolf - I think thats where I'll go for inspiration :D

Thanks for your kind words bro.

You should be proud, one thing is for sure, my first suit, did not look as good as yours here.

Have fun whit the dirty work ;)

Update

Everything in place. I just need to add velcro to the back of the (canvas) belt, add some foam inside the forearms and dye my pouches. That leaves weathering and my T-21 wich I'll start to work on in a few days. The backpack will have to wait for now.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah! X-acto! I have all the sharp tools one could ask for (too many depending whom you ask). I was not entirely off when thinking about detailed files then. Cudos brothers! :D

In europe the x-acto knife is just known as a stanley knife, well thats what they are called in Scotland before i moved here to Canada and asked for a stanley and i got some weird looks i can tell you....lol

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...