My Sandtrooper build (TM)

Elder

Work in progress.

I've actually used a dremel instead of scissors/knife to do the triming. It works like a charm once you get the hang of it. I've been vey careful not to let the dremel skid away on the shiny outside !!!

Posted Image

The TM armor unpacked.

Posted Image

Back pieces trimed and sanded. A tiny return edge still to be trimed on the butt plate.

Posted Image

Front pieces trimed and sanded. Note the kidney plate - I have not trimed the sides (yet) until I've figured out if I need to shim the kidney/ab gap.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Elder...

Very nice armor.

There is something about new armor coming out of the box... its just magic.

Some ppl say that it makes the air fill with pixie dust!!

Or tatooine dust...

LOL

I'll be watching this too.

TM armor is amazing!

Saludos.

There is something about new armor coming out of the box... its just magic.

Some ppl say that it makes the air fill with pixie dust!!

Or tatooine dust...

I thought the saying went, "Every time an armor box is opened, a trooper gets his droid."

Cheers lads :D

Regarding "just TD or for deployment" Im still a tad confused. There seems to be so many dif levels (501st, deployed, elite...*headspin*).

I will try to build as screen acc as possible but will probably not build a backpack in a near future. I really want one but I should focus on the armor and the T-21. Where does that leave me?

TM build! So jealous! Looks good so far.

To get your 501st legion TD number, you need to meet the CRL guidelines here. It states you do not need a pack to be a TD (not all TD’s had packs).

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

If you scroll down, you can see the MEPD Deployed standards. MEPD Deployed has higher standards than 501st, among those – you need a backpack.

TN build! So jealous! Looks good so far.

To get your 501st legion TD number, you need to meet the CRL guidelines here. It states you do not need a pack to be a TD (not all TD’s had packs).

http://www.mepd.net/crl/

If you scroll down, you can see the MEPD Deployed standards. MEPD Deployed has higher standards than 501st, among those – you need a backpack.

That's right...

And, also... so you know... because it can be confusing, once you're a TD in the Legion you are officially part of the "MEPD" detachment. Becoming "deployed" just means you've met the extra elite standards.

On the FISD they called it "EIB". You've gone all out to try and be as screen accurate as possible in other words. B)

I was about to take some new pictures but found the batteries dead. Oh well. Anyways, there's slow but steady progress. Almost all pieces are trimed and sanded so I'll start with the glue real soon ( I just need to get my hands on some magnets).

In the meantime, here's a rendering of my T-21 model (modeled by me after loads of research). Views and section cuts will be transfered to a printed drawing. I'll cut out all parts and outline them on dif pieces of wood/plastic. I've done a first dummy test and Im happy with the results.

Posted Image

A small animation attached.

http-~~-//www.facebook.com/v/412405123603

Recharged the batteries.

Posted Image

All but the left shin are trimed, sanded and taped together to see how well the parts fit. I've decided to work on the return edges once the parts are glued (hence the somewhat rough edges). I will probably remove most of the return edges on the back/chest/ab plates as well. Also a new blueprint with the latest modifications to my T21 build.

Update:

Posted Image

Started working on the helmet. I dare not cut the teeth more using the knife. I need another tool!

Posted Image

Shoulder bells and biceps. Biceps not yet striped. Butt and Kidney plate with elastic straps in the back.

About the teeth, I actually rather cut the teeth with an x-acto knife than with at dremmel or similar.

I was more thinking of a very narrow file. What exactly is am X-acto knife?

I was more thinking of a very narrow file. What exactly is am X-acto knife?

Yes... I used an X-Acto (on TE2 only) to get the "bulk" out of the tooth area, but then I have a set of detail files that I use to detail them out. B)

Ah! X-acto! I have all the sharp tools one could ask for (too many depending whom you ask). I was not entirely off when thinking about detailed files then. Cudos brothers! :D

Cheers Mads. Off to CO tomorrow then :D

Happy to be of service! Clas Ohlson is the closest thing I´ve ever found to Home Depot this side of the Atlantic.

Just be careful not to remove too much when you do the teeth, if you want to preserve the illusion of the material being thicker than it is - teeth look cool with a small return edge, like the rest of the armor parts. From what reference I´ve seen, it´s screen accurate as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Gluing the forearms.

Posted Image

Ears in place. Man, those were hard to trim. There are no guide marks, whats so ever, on the TM ears.

Posted Image

All upper body parts done, including straping system. Buttons on AB not yet glued.

Posted Image

Rivets on the left side with snaps on the back. I might use velcro to close the left side instead of snaps/elastic. On the right side (not showing) theres a single "button" (I used the bottom side of a male snap) as there should be. That side is closed using velcro.

Posted Image