Transporting the pack to troop events

TD2298

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to get an idea of how everyone stores and tranports their pack. It's such an awkwardly shaped piece and I just wanted to be able to transport it around without taking up too much space while also protecting it. Thanks!

I store it by hanging it on a hook in my shed. :)

I transport it always and only (so far) in our car / RAV 4 simply lying on top of my bin.

Nothing fancy. B)

I store it by hanging it on a hook in my shed. :)

I transport it always and only (so far) in our car / RAV 4 simply lying on top of my bin.

Nothing fancy. B)

Yeh, pretty much the same way...

I lay mine on it's side (opposite the mortar tube) in the back seat of the car, with my lewis. I usually just sling it over my shoulder walking to and from events, otherwise it's sitting on my bin in the closet lol.

My pack stays in my basement (with the rest of my armor ) and I wear it like a real backpack walking to and from troops.I have yet to try bringing it on the train-matter of fact I probably will never try to bring it on the train-too much fear of it being damaged.I am sure they make a big enought tote to get it in,for Christmas my wife and kids got me a Motocross wheel bag for my armor, it is great!

I was one of many members who put in a group order via the Redback Garrison to MAZON GOALIE BAG This bag is HUGE!! It fits my entire TD as well as my TD backpack, with room to spare,,,well worth the investment

Posted Image

Thanks for all the feedback. I wound up storing it on top of my bin as well. I never thought to use a hockey bag though. I've been playing hockey as a goalie for a while and actually have a bag already and never even thought of that.

I'm ordering a custom hardcase,made from wood and fiberglass skin with my local custom guitar's hardcase maker,the skin is much more like a custom hardcase for preamps,head amps etc in common but without the steel and alluminium parts,not too heavy and its surely dependable B)

Its for my armor,but i think it will works too for backpacks.........as long we can make sure it dont flip or put up side down :P

wheels? why not? :lol:

I think I just do as most have said: Carry my armor in a bin, backpack on top and put both on the back seat of my jeep.

The real concern comes when I have to carry my BFG around. Ppl just stares at me, sometimes with curiosity, sometimes with a little fear. I am considering getting a cloth case for it.

:D

Saludos

The real concern comes when I have to carry my BFG around. Ppl just stares at me, sometimes with curiosity, sometimes with a little fear. I am considering getting a cloth case for it.

Saludos

Yeah this is the smart thing to do, even here in FL where it's pretty gun friendly, I have seen concerned looks when I am exiting the vehicle or walking to a building toting my bin, pack and lewis in hand. Mine breaks down into two parts, so for troops where I know it could be an issue, I stow it in my bin. Other times, I just cover it with a huge towel and walk it in.

Same Here,when I have my pack on in civvies I get lots of weird looks too.At troops end though,Everyone figures out when they see me leaving with my pack-"there goes that stormtrooper guy that was dirty and sandy" As for my Lewis,I picked up a medium sized ski bag for about 20 bucks new (courtesy of Ebay) that fits and stores my Lewis perfectly-I even have room to wrap my Lewis in bubble wrap and it is fine for transporting my Lewis.It definitely beats carrying my Lewis in its mailer box (what a pain in the neck) because it looked like I was carrying a gun in a box.That doesn't fly too well in NY.Ski Bag all the way! See yas,Dave

As for storing mine, I hang it on the wall in my room.

As for getting it to troops, I throw it in the back of the cab with everything else. If I take the NYC bus to a troop, I just wear it. If you can troop it here, you can troop it anywhere. :)

Soon, I'll be living in New Mexico and I'll own a car, like every normal Sandtrooper!

I love the looks I get from people, when I am dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, with my pack on my back, it's too funny.

Once there was this person who started humming the Ghostbusters theme when he saw me wearing my back in civves. Guess the first thing they saw a guy with a weird looking backpack is the Ghostbusters. :D

Saludos

I bought a sniper bag from ebay. It served me well and I love it. :)

I don't have the DLT,I have a T-21-I think you could get a DLT into a ski bag.Measure your gun and look for a ski bag with the right dimensions,some ski bags are double sized,some are padded.I have a wheeled MX bag that holds my armor,I wear my pack and have the ski bag with a shoulder strap.Beats doing what I used to,Giant Goalie bag (no wheels)T-21 in shipping box and pack on my back.Nice workout,I did a troop in the city and left the pack home,also trooped SW concert-someone with the show carried my gun in and for about 5 minutes had no idea where she went and what happened to my BFG? Scary 5 minutes,I found it but the point is I can manage my gear now.Still don't know if I am up for a train ride yet or the Subway(YIKES)

• 1 month later...

i just throw mine in the car (not literally! ;) ) stick it on my back when i take my cases/bags to the event,its a very sturdy pack (thanx to nathan(boba)smith for making it! B))

i dont wrap any of my kit in "cotton wool" just chuck it in the case! :D ( it adds to the "battle hardened look! lol! )the more scratches and marks the better ;)

I lay mine on it's side (opposite the mortar tube) in the back seat of the car, with my lewis. I usually just sling it over my shoulder walking to and from events, otherwise it's sitting on my bin in the closet lol.

exactly the same here.