TD-7732 Requesting Deployment

First of all......welcome to the great sandpit bro!!!

Theres some details missed for deployment bro,but its easy to do with all the infos here B)

-Remove the ribbed chest/back plate and have it replace with canvas more less the same width

-DLT-19 conversion,it needs T-track,handle on the right side and conical disc thingy for the left side(above the grip)

-Maybe you want to put the speaker in unseen place

Have fun and goodluck!! :)

Welcome to the MEPD!

As mentioned above, there are a few things that need to be fixed up. Remove the ribbed shoulder straps, as Sandtroopers did not have those. The gun details (as already mentioned). The ab plate needs to have the three buttons added.

I think the weathering could be fixed up some. The helmet looks rushed and more like it was literally painted with paint, which is something you ideally want to avoid. There's a bit of deception in painting a weathered look that can be a challenge to pull off. Weathering is loosely enforced in deployment status, it's just a personal observation.

The backpack is fine for a custom built, but I would encourage you to tighten it up some as the standards for deployment should be much closer to what's seen in the movies. Don't worry, I spent over $100 on my first back pack and it was no where near accurate, but it was a fun build.

Great Gear man, welcome to the sandbox! Just a couple tune ups and you're ready to go man, If you look around in here there are some good weathering tips, a couple of guys sell the stuff for the MG Smitty is one), and there are a couple of guys who make the canvas straps too (Gundamzeppelin and Firebladejedi). As far as weathering goes, an easy way to nail it out is to get some "Noch Weathering powder" which can be found in hobby stores or Ebay, then follow some steps from this tutorial:

. Weathering was a real toughie for me, way more involved than one would imagine. The powder made it easy. :lol:

Welcome to the MEPD!

As mentioned above, there are a few things that need to be fixed up. Remove the ribbed shoulder straps, as Sandtroopers did not have those. The gun details (as already mentioned). The ab plate needs to have the three buttons added.

I think the weathering could be fixed up some. The helmet looks rushed and more like it was literally painted with paint, which is something you ideally want to avoid. There's a bit of deception in painting a weathered look that can be a challenge to pull off. Weathering is loosely enforced in deployment status, it's just a personal observation.

The backpack is fine for a custom built, but I would encourage you to tighten it up some as the standards for deployment should be much closer to what's seen in the movies. Don't worry, I spent over $100 on my first back pack and it was no where near accurate, but it was a fun build.

do's the DLT-19 conversion,it needs T-track,handle on the right side and conical disc thingy for the left side(above the grip) need to be done? If so were do you find the parts?

King Jawa is a legend, so I hope you do the tweaks and finish it up. We need good troops like you in here. This is a tough detachment to get into and you've done all the hardest stuff so far.

The straps are Special Edition-styled, he just has to re-add the drop boxes. I was SE-styled for a while.

KIDDING!!! Upgrade your straps... it is easy. Just use Billy Mays' Mighty TD Straps!

If you like, I have a spare B+ grade Syphon I could send you. It looks pretty good. Just swap out... easy.

http://gallery.me.com/john.sale/100221

Also, I may be selling the radio box, maybe, it is in the above gallery... but, the siphon would be free. You just need the fruit cup and bottle.

I also could throw a couple of small plastic tubes of Fuller's Earth. Mike, post a link about your tutorial, even if it is the clone tutorial.

PM me if you want the syphon.

Troop On!

John

Welcome to the MEPD!

• 3 weeks later...

I just added the canvas belt and I will also add the canvas straps. As for the gun I'm waiting for a guy who makes the T-tracks on the main boards to finish them up. I will make changes,thanks gang.

Ian aka King Jawa

TD-7732

Empire City Garrison

looking good.

another solution to the straps is leather.

i used 1/4" leather, and dyed it white and riveted it in place. looks great and will never break! was under a dollar ($1.00USD) to make.

the only other advice i have is to take a green scotchbrite pad to the helmet and armor. it will kill the glossy look, and make it look AWESOME!

you're joining in the garrison i was first a part of and an honorary member for a while.

do them proud!

:D

• 2 weeks later...