TK8034

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awesome, TK-J!

i´m glad that YOU found the actual model!

:peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace: :peace:

:dance::dance::dance:

Only fitting as he put us onto it... Congrats TK-J....

I'd looked at this site quite a few times but never went onto the HK made stuff... Figured it was more European or Japanese...

:D I still can't believe we've found it :D

I noticed a few more new things that we can add to our packs until someone

manages to find the 'real deal'

Posted Image

And I know this seems secondary to such a fantastic achievement, but.... :unsure:

Jason (TK-J) I hope you get the prize that you so magnificently deserve B)

Okay. Art, Lewis and I have been talking about the radio on the backpacks. They obviously used a real radio from somewhere. I'm just going to throw this out there....

IF SOMEONE WILL FIND OUT WHAT RADIO THAT IS ON THE BACKPACK, I WILL GIVE THEM $1500 WORTH OF SCI-FIRE STUFF IN RETURN!!! PLEASE DEAR GOD SOMEONE FIND THE FRIGGIN' RADIO SO I CAN REST AT NIGHT.

:salute:

I updated the sticky.

Now let's get some more particulars such as the font, since I know we'll eventually reproduce these guys.

***mental note - do not glue face plate onto radio as it'll all be replaced eventually...

YEAH!! Lets nail this beauty

Posted Image

Sorry for bad finish :peace: i'll delete this pic if theres a better one

A. THE HOLE ITS THERE BILL!! B) but looks like metal detail is removed

B. The 'GAP' on this section is unspotted

:D I still can't believe we've found it :D

I noticed a few more new things that we can add to our packs until someone

manages to find the 'real deal'

That top, curved detail in the upper right corner is where the antenna was connected. Pretty sure those were removed once affixed to the back pack. Still, it's an essential detail.

Like many things from the 70's, it looks like there is a leather wrapping on the outside body of the radio. You can see the stitching above the tuning dial.

Posted Image

There's also tons of bevel detail on the speaker panel. That's going to be a lot of work to recreate!

Once again, great detective work TK-J!!!

Charlie

I'm currently working on a Vector illustration for the dial, about 75% done, but still need some help on the fonts.

Mike

I remember using this font with the old 'Letraset' sheets, but I can't for the life of me remember

what the bloody thing was called :angry:

Here's an image stretched and tweaked with Photoshop to fix the perspective. Not perfect, especially around the upper tuning dial and knob, but definitely puts things into better proportion!

Posted Image

Charlie

Charlie....can you tweak from opposite direction?(more like from above) maybe each 'block' had differences in height :blink:

Look and compare the Multiband and Tuning block...........it looks like multiband 'block' is higher

Also Power Switch and Tone Control block is definitely higher than Volume and Band Selector block

I think I may have reached the limit of my Photoshop stretching skills :)

I agree, the height, or elevation of the multi band is almost twice as tall as the tuning knob.

The same is true with the height of the power switch and tone control blocks versus the volume and band selector blocks.

Also, the volume and band selector blocks are wider. I think the power switch and tone control blocks are squares. That's why the split between the blocks does not line up with the split between the multi band and tuning blocks.

Boy, those designers from the 70's were crazy!

Hopefully Mike is working up the next refinement of this image. A straight, head on view showing the exact proportion for each piece. Then we take that into AutoCAD, or Google SketchUp, and use a 3D printer to bring it into reality. Mold the master and offer up the reproductions to the troops!

Charlie

Hopefully Mike is working up the next refinement of this image. A straight, head on view showing the exact proportion for each piece. Then we take that into AutoCAD, or Google SketchUp, and use a 3D printer to bring it into reality. Mold the master and offer up the reproductions to the troops!

Copy that.

Can´t wait to see the project, come to life.

Do you have a time line :) .

Bingo Pappy!!!

We get that radio and we could scale it from that!!!

Freakin awesome!!!

Thanks Arturo :lol:

i think someone had mentioned it too before,forgot where :mellow:

I've seen a white dial pack with a red color coming out at the white part bottom of the radar...i forgot which picture,possibly the millenium falcon blast off

'red rocket' radar,hehehe

Here it is

Posted Image

Quote of the day,by charlie,and i totally agree :D

Boy, those designers from the 70's were crazy!