Is My Hardware Dlt-19 Good Enough For Mepd?

hello, everyone.

first post...not that i havent stalked the site for a while. ;)

my FX / RTmod combo has finally been beaten on enough to where im just going to weather it. plus it gives me an excuse to buy some proper armor! :lol:

anyway...

i was curious if my build is acceptable, the blaster in the pics has only one coat of paint on it, hence the woodgrain and light spots. i also have a little more detail im adding to the bipod legs. the blaster breaks down into two pieces! :unsure:

...looking forward to some opinions...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 piece earlier attempt:

Posted Image

i am no expert on the bfg`s, but that is one good looking weapon you have there! Cant wait to see it finished with weathering and all! Hopefully someone with the knowledge can aprove it/give you hints on what to fix (if anything at all!) Keep up the good work!

I have to concur. This is a remarkable piece. You said this is from wood??? If so, you have some amazing skills in the craft.

As for details? Lets see more after the weathering, but so far cannot find alot missing.

I do notice that the conical disk is missing? Yes/No Maybe just cannot see in the pics. Then you will want your wire around your barrel (so it looks like it holding the heat sinks on)

The last thing would be maybe, your action handle, to cycle loads.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still cant say enough.

Wonderful piece.

This is one nice piece of art you got there bro.

It's looks just like the one I just bought?

Probably is the more I look at mine.

Just a few different things.

I need that box on the side of mine though.

(isn't that a new MEPD requirement?)

the t-track is wired on ;)

thanks for the compliments everyone. as for skills, half of it is just having the right tools! :lol:

As I said before, this is a great piece, and I can tell, took a great deal of time.

If you want the other items to be totally canon, go to this site.

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_weapons2.html

braksbuddys pics are here and show the details parts I listed. The wire (mechanix wire), box, and so on.

The box I made myself from ABS plastic, and plastic welder.

I have made a couple for some others here also.

I always like to see fanmade stuff. To me they are personal interpretations of the real stuff, unique and interesting in each own way. I can see a lot of hard work has gone into yours and I truly respect you for that. My buddy has just got one and now I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

I love scratch-built props and yours looks awesome! One hint - you may want to seal the wood with something before painting to hide the grain. I've used a product called mod podge that does the trick but I'm sure there are other good sealers out there too.

I rubbed the body of my gun down with woodfiller and sanded the crap out of it. Its like bondo for wood. We make the stuff where I work, I like the stuff in the squeeze tube vs, the stuff in a can.

Here's my baby in the works

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Congrat'z on a job well done from the supplies you used.

It looks **** good man!

The only thing I would change if it were mine is

round the edges of the butt/stock a little

and stain it so it looks more like the original MG-34.

Time to strike fear into the hearts of those rebel scum's ;)

I have to say that since we are both in Squad 7, I have seen missingpeice's dlt-19 and if you like the pics, wait till you hold it in your hands. It is truly a nice peice of work! Great job and about **** time you msade it over here! Nice of you to finally decide to come over to the working trooper class! LOL

• 1 month later...